Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Results 1 to 35 of 35
  1. #1
    big_mike's Avatar
    big_mike is offline Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    the lab
    Posts
    578

    DNP.... and why you should never use it..

    Well,
    Before I start, I want everyone to know that this was not my first DNP cycle. To make a long story short, as soon as i completed my cycle (400 mg/test wk), I went ahead and ran DNP for a short 8 days @ 400mg/day to burn off some of the fat that had accumulated. Days 1-7 went fine, just a little heat nothing to complain about. However, on the 8th day I went to Best Buy and my head was itching directly below my hair line on my neck. Suddenly, I was scratching my neck and my scalp. To my surprise, it seems as if I had developed a rash or allergic reaction to DNP that looked like hives. On my last cycle, nothing of this sort happened. However, by night fall, behind my quads, my elbows, ankles, and face had developed a rash. I was frightened simply because I could not believe what had happened. All was ok until the last day. I just wanted to give some of you DNP users fair warning that ANYTHING can happen while you use DNP. It may go through smoothly your first cycle, but ANYTHING can happen later. I have had to take an antihistamine, (allegra)....today...I also had to have my doc give me a cortizone shot. Things seem to be getting better because yesterday was my last day on DNP, which was a cap in the morning then later I developed the rash. SO it has been about 30 hours, and all the DNP is almost out of my system. I will never use DNP again, and I suggest that some of you rethink your strategy if you even plan on using DNP. Last thing I want to hear is someone from this board dying.
    you all take care.
    Last edited by big_mike; 07-21-2004 at 04:51 PM.

  2. #2
    FinaZurp's Avatar
    FinaZurp is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    379
    Sorry to here about your experience and I'm gld to see that things are turning out ok. I for one have never used DNP , and feel I never will.

  3. #3
    GoingBiG's Avatar
    GoingBiG is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    79
    DNP is dangerous... But im also glad to hear things are turning out ok...

  4. #4
    RoNNy THe BuLL's Avatar
    RoNNy THe BuLL is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    2,968
    DNP , along with Insulin and IGF are on my list of things I will never do mainly because of what you posted. The adverse reactions/side effects are too great for me to risk anything.

    Glad to hear that you're okay.

  5. #5
    Mr. Sparkle's Avatar
    Mr. Sparkle is offline Slinabolic Vet / Retired
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Lovin Alba's butt
    Posts
    3,008
    did you have bendarill? (sp?) or was it too late? Im going to use it one day... 200mg for 10-14 days... but I still have a lot to learn. I have learned that you had better be ready as this stuff is STRONG

  6. #6
    map200uk's Avatar
    map200uk is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,267
    i agree mate, this backs up my original views that dnp is too dangerous for me

  7. #7
    big_mike's Avatar
    big_mike is offline Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    the lab
    Posts
    578
    thanks guys. I appreciate all the positive reponses to my post. I was definetely scared....and I was scratching my WHOLE body. Can you imagine being hot...and to top it off...feeling like you've got 100 mosquitoes sucking away at you, leaving large white bubbles surrounded by blood? It was terrible, and I have just a little itching on my body...but im ok for the most part.

  8. #8
    big_mike's Avatar
    big_mike is offline Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    the lab
    Posts
    578
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sparkle
    did you have bendarill? (sp?) or was it too late? Im going to use it one day... 200mg for 10-14 days... but I still have a lot to learn. I have learned that you had better be ready as this stuff is STRONG
    I got benadryll immediately, but for some reason it had no effect on my condition. I had to go to the doctor this morning, and he gave me a cortizone shot along with some prescription antihistamine. It seems like that did the trick. Benadryll is a joke.

  9. #9
    Mr. Sparkle's Avatar
    Mr. Sparkle is offline Slinabolic Vet / Retired
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Lovin Alba's butt
    Posts
    3,008
    Quote Originally Posted by big_mike
    I got benadryll immediately, but for some reason it had no effect on my condition. I had to go to the doctor this morning, and he gave me a cortizone shot along with some prescription antihistamine. It seems like that did the trick. Benadryll is a joke.
    crap thats crazy... I was pretty sure you did have the benadryll. also did he just give you the allegra? I might keep that on hand...

  10. #10
    big_mike's Avatar
    big_mike is offline Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    the lab
    Posts
    578
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sparkle
    crap thats crazy... I was pretty sure you did have the benadryll. also did he just give you the allegra? I might keep that on hand...
    yea i've got about 10 of them onhand...i plan on using them a day after the symptoms subside.

  11. #11
    Mr. Sparkle's Avatar
    Mr. Sparkle is offline Slinabolic Vet / Retired
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Lovin Alba's butt
    Posts
    3,008
    sweet. my girls mom is a nurse Ill be sure to get some of these for sure! and Im glad that your feeling better! also did you get this DNP from a different source than the first time you took it?

  12. #12
    SV-1's Avatar
    SV-1 is offline Respected Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    The Lab
    Posts
    5,467
    Sorry this happened bro but if you had researched it you would have know that this was a possible side effect. Some people who have no problem with DNP in the beginning develop an allergic reaction down the road. It happens, so you should be prepared whether it's your first time using DNP or your tenth. It's for this exact reason that I take benadryl *and* quercetin (3g) not only during, but one week before and one week after a cycle. I do this even though I've run many DNP cycles with no problems.

  13. #13
    RussianVodka's Avatar
    RussianVodka is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Russian liquer plant
    Posts
    1,483
    I will never do DNP or Insulin . When I'm on clen first 3-4 days my head is killing me. I have to take 4-6 pills of advil. Later I'm fine.

  14. #14
    big_mike's Avatar
    big_mike is offline Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    the lab
    Posts
    578
    Quote Originally Posted by SV-1
    Sorry this happened bro but if you had researched it you would have know that this was a possible side effect. Some people who have no problem with DNP in the beginning develop an allergic reaction down the road. It happens, so you should be prepared whether it's your first time using DNP or your tenth. It's for this exact reason that I take benadryl *and* quercetin (3g) not only during, but one week before and one week after a cycle. I do this even though I've run many DNP cycles with no problems.

    i had no idea i should be taking benadryl before and after a DNP cycle. The caps from my source have quercetin in them....but my last pills didnt. I didn't budge last time, but i guess this stuff was just more potent. Regardless, my allergic reaction really scared me away from running DNP...not because I was ignorant of the things needed during the cycle, but because i developed a rash at the end, which is what i least expected to happen. It's ok though. I'll burn some fat when i run tren in a couple of months. Sucks that DNP has to be this toxic. I really had the impression that the side effects would manifest themselves early at the beginning of DNP intake.
    You guys take care.

  15. #15
    test is best's Avatar
    test is best is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    DETROIT
    Posts
    336
    dnp is insane unless you are a professional getting paid

  16. #16
    iNvid's Avatar
    iNvid is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    usa
    Posts
    1,323
    I heard 400mg is alot for a first timer, especially when you start out at 400mg/day and stay at that for 8 days straight. I'm personally not afraid of DNP at all. I'll run into it in the future for sure. Its insulin that gives me the the creeps

  17. #17
    SV-1's Avatar
    SV-1 is offline Respected Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    The Lab
    Posts
    5,467
    Quote Originally Posted by big_mike
    i had no idea i should be taking benadryl before and after a DNP cycle. The caps from my source have quercetin in them....but my last pills didnt. I didn't budge last time, but i guess this stuff was just more potent. Regardless, my allergic reaction really scared me away from running DNP...not because I was ignorant of the things needed during the cycle, but because i developed a rash at the end, which is what i least expected to happen. It's ok though. I'll burn some fat when i run tren in a couple of months. Sucks that DNP has to be this toxic. I really had the impression that the side effects would manifest themselves early at the beginning of DNP intake.
    You guys take care.
    It's a good idea to take the benadryl and quercetin as a preventative for possible allergic reactions. The fact that the caps you used for this cycle had quercetin in them tells me two things. One, you were not taking near enough quercetin for it to be effective. You need at least 3grams ED and the caps you had only contain 200mg each. It's great that they have that as the filler over something completely useless (like cornstarch), but you need a lot more for it to be effective. Two, the caps you were using for this cycle were almost definitely much more potent than the ones you've used in previous cycles. Even the source (yes I know who it is, I use him too) says that most people get the same results with his caps using half the dose of others.

    I'm sorry that this experience has scared you away from DNP. You may want to use it as a learning experience, that an allergic reaction of varying degrees can occur at any time during and after a DNP cycle (regardless of how many successful cycles have previously been run). So it's a good idea to take proper precautions to keep that from happening. And should there be an allergic reaction despite these precautions you can always take a stronger antihistamine to take care of the problem.

  18. #18
    KAEW44's Avatar
    KAEW44 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,673
    benadryl is only 10mg antihistamine, the allegra's come in 60mg tablets wich are stronger i guess.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Where I can find food.
    Posts
    598
    benadryl makes me sleep like a baby.

    I almost bought enough DNP tonight to make 10 300lb people very skinny. I got scared and decided l'll go with the clen and ECA. Im sure I will be OK but the Idea of being the 1 in a 1000 guy that gets cataracts gives me the willies. The other reason I didnt get it was because my bro I workout with will definately try it if I do and I dont want the responsibility of introducing him to the stuff. Just my thoughts. Sorry to hear you had the scare, but good thing you are OK.

  20. #20
    Mr. Sparkle's Avatar
    Mr. Sparkle is offline Slinabolic Vet / Retired
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Lovin Alba's butt
    Posts
    3,008
    Quote Originally Posted by invid
    I heard 400mg is alot for a first timer, especially when you start out at 400mg/day and stay at that for 8 days straight. I'm personally not afraid of DNP at all. I'll run into it in the future for sure. Its insulin that gives me the the creeps

    It wasnt his first go with it... Id do slin before I do DNP

  21. #21
    iNvid's Avatar
    iNvid is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    usa
    Posts
    1,323
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sparkle
    It wasnt his first go with it... Id do slin before I do DNP
    I can argue about this forever..Might just be me but I would choose to take 200mg of dnp for 7 days rather than do slin anyday. Even though both are very serious drugs and nothing to **** around with.

  22. #22
    LIV2LIFT is offline New Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    TEXAS, USA
    Posts
    12
    Yeah I agree with INVID, Insulin scares me bad honestly cause I don't think I could diet "PERFECT" while on it. DNP never tried it but will in the future if my Clen , T3 and good diet doesn't do the trick. BIGMIKE glad to hear all is well now, but did you lose any bf while on it?

  23. #23
    big_mike's Avatar
    big_mike is offline Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    the lab
    Posts
    578
    Quote Originally Posted by LIV2LIFT
    Yeah I agree with INVID, Insulin scares me bad honestly cause I don't think I could diet "PERFECT" while on it. DNP never tried it but will in the future if my Clen, T3 and good diet doesn't do the trick. BIGMIKE glad to hear all is well now, but did you lose any bf while on it?

    yea bro. I can honestly say i lost a good 10lbs of body fat...though i still have a couple lbs to lose. I gained quite a bit of fat on cycle, so i felt it was necessary to give the DNP the green light. I started taking some clen , for a few days, and I saw some results. Then I got excited and took the DNP. grrr.... i'll stick to clen from now on. Anyways, as an update to the situation...it's been almost 2 days since my last dose of DNP but I still feel a slight itchy sensation on my ankles and hands...could there still be traces of DNP in my system causing this??...boy i hope my liver is not ****ed up.

  24. #24
    SV-1's Avatar
    SV-1 is offline Respected Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    The Lab
    Posts
    5,467
    Quote Originally Posted by big_mike
    Anyways, as an update to the situation...it's been almost 2 days since my last dose of DNP but I still feel a slight itchy sensation on my ankles and hands...could there still be traces of DNP in my system causing this??
    OK bro, no way you can tell me that you thoroughly researched DNP and still ask this. Yes there is still DNP in your system at this point and it's way more than a trace.




    Quote Originally Posted by big_mike
    boy i hope my liver is not ****ed up.
    DNP is not liver toxic!

    "Tainter, Stockton and Cutting have reported a series of cases in which one had measured the plasma bile index and determined the test of Van de Bergh. Their analyses demonstrate, beyond a doubt, that the liver does not suffer any damage in the course of dinitro treatment."

    KOCH-LEE and TAINTER. -- Dinitrophenol on liver function. Calif. and W. Med., 1935, XXXXIII, p. 337.

    http://forums.anabolicreview.com/showthread.php?t=1182
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DNP.... and why you should never use it..-dnp.jpg  

  25. #25
    Steroids101 is offline Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    784
    Seroids101's DNP calculation. Use this for figuring how much is in your system at any particular time.

    Dosage taken/72= Amount of decay per hour*number of hours since last dose= total of decay.

    Dosage taken-total decay= ammount still in your system.


    You can repeat this formula from the beggining of your dnp cycle to find out how much is still in your system.

  26. #26
    cpt steele's Avatar
    cpt steele is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    2,890
    Thats why people get into trouble they forget that it is a 36hr Halflife, so taking it ed at 400mg is quite a bit. Its will take about 3-4days for it to completely leave your system. Glad it just scared you and not really hurt you bro

  27. #27
    SV-1's Avatar
    SV-1 is offline Respected Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    The Lab
    Posts
    5,467
    For those who want to figure out exactly how much DNP (or anything else) is left in their system go here.

    http://www.third-plateau.org/downloa...flife_calc.htm

  28. #28
    Steroids101 is offline Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    784
    Quote Originally Posted by SV-1
    For those who want to figure out exactly how much DNP (or anything else) is left in their system go here.

    http://www.third-plateau.org/downloa...flife_calc.htm
    Motherfacker I wish I would have known that while planning my dnp cycle.

  29. #29
    cpt steele's Avatar
    cpt steele is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    2,890
    cool link bro thanks

  30. #30
    Prime's Avatar
    Prime is offline Naturally perfect
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Tropical England
    Posts
    3,531
    the page just says:This program is a quick halflife calculator... for those of you interested in how much of a substance is left in your body after a particular amount of time has passed


    You still have NaN mgs left in your body

    Nothing but a black background and that

  31. #31
    SV-1's Avatar
    SV-1 is offline Respected Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    The Lab
    Posts
    5,467
    Quote Originally Posted by Prime
    Nothing but a black background and that
    Don't know bro, maybe it's your browser. It should pop up a box for you to enter the info.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DNP.... and why you should never use it..-x.jpg  

  32. #32
    cpt steele's Avatar
    cpt steele is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    2,890
    It works for me

  33. #33
    iNvid's Avatar
    iNvid is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    usa
    Posts
    1,323
    Leave it to sv for DNP info

  34. #34
    Nathan's Avatar
    Nathan is offline Retired Moderator
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Posts
    2,441
    I've never used it and don't ever plan to. Good thread though.

  35. #35
    big_mike's Avatar
    big_mike is offline Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    the lab
    Posts
    578
    Quote Originally Posted by SV-1
    OK bro, no way you can tell me that you thoroughly researched DNP and still ask this. Yes there is still DNP in your system at this point and it's way more than a trace.





    DNP is not liver toxic!

    "Tainter, Stockton and Cutting have reported a series of cases in which one had measured the plasma bile index and determined the test of Van de Bergh. Their analyses demonstrate, beyond a doubt, that the liver does not suffer any damage in the course of dinitro treatment."

    KOCH-LEE and TAINTER. -- Dinitrophenol on liver function. Calif. and W. Med., 1935, XXXXIII, p. 337.

    http://forums.anabolicreview.com/showthread.php?t=1182
    Bro...I promise to God, I read, I researched and read again...times 10 before ever ingesting a capsule! I read cycleons post, ironfist's post by fonz and marco, I read my old sources website...and even went to a web link for my current source before starting my second cycle. I know about the 36 hour half life. But the reason I felt that it was out of my system on my first cycle so early is because my urine was completely clear after 2 days, and my workouts were impeccable. However, on this cycle, it's been 2 days now....and my urine is not yet clear. So I know it's in my system, you are right. I respect you bro, but I did do my research quite extensively before ever starting.. I might have missed a few things...especially about the liver toxicity issue, but i still wonder why milk thistle is suggested while taking DNP, however, as far as half life in the body, I knew quite well that DNP is built up in your system as you continue to take it. Anyways, I just wanted to make these things clear, and let you know that I did do my research before taking DNP.....
    Last edited by big_mike; 07-22-2004 at 04:13 PM.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •