Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    PrairieDawg is offline Senior Member
    It's absolute torture not being able to drink. But I have to do it, I'll have the rest of my life to drink.

I have to miss the biggest beach party of the year because I'm on cycle . Anyone who knows what this beach party is about knows that you can't go to it and not drink so don't say that!

Giving up drinking has been a lot easier than I thought. I know my goals and I know that I wont reach them if i'm out drinking so it really isnt even a tough choice for me to say no to the booze.

Because Alcohol is catabolic!

It prevents signalmolecules from getting phosphor-groups thus allowing the muscle cell to grow!
    (because the phosphor-atoms make the molecules in the muscle-cell more energized and stable and are a katalysator in reaction thus allowing Hypertrophy!)

People used to think it was because Alcohol raised cortisol-levels
    (a catabolic hormone in most cases) but seeing test-animals when supplied Alcohol and RU486 (a universal progesterone and cortisolblocker) still had about the same level of catabolism going on...

(Leucine has been proven to be Alcohol's exact opposite since it stimulated the reaction with phosphorgroups and lowered cortisol).

Not to mention the many more indirect anabolic processes that alcohol disturbs and the fact that in combination with methylated/ethylated/alkylated steroids it seriously stresses your liver!
    (oral steroids )

Greets
    Kingofmasters

dgthekid is offline Junior Member
    long as u drink in moderation ull be fine. i was drinkin lke once or maybe sometimes twice a week an i was fine. its worse to be drinking if u are using oral steroids like dbol but with injectable it doesnt hit ur liver as hard

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    I need to quit drinking! I think it is the worst thing I do for myself. My hangovers are hell. I need a girlfriend again so I am not out in the bars with friends. We always buy rounds and that way all the slower drinkers have to keep up with the fastest. Gotta stop soon.

nah its cool man drink up its fun

ducati996 is offline Associate Member
    Realistically we all are going to have a drink every now and then. So what is the best drink to have? In relation to fat, calories, etc. Vodka tonic? obviously not beer. So when we have to have a drink what should we have?

liquer will be harder on ur liver than beer. beer has tons of calories an what not but id drink beer. plus u wont get as hammered.

Carl Carlson is offline Junior Member
    My freshman year in college I did a speach titled "Getting Drunk Without Getting Fat".

Your best choice would be a strong liquor mixed with water, tonic, or diet soda. Essentially all of the calories would be from the alcohol (7 calories per gram).

In regards to beer (my personal favorite), I did a lot of research during that Fall of '97 and found Miller Light to have the best alcohol to calorie ratio. If my memory serves me correctly, a 12-ounce Miller Light contains 4.6% alcohol by volume and only 96 calories. Not far behind was Coors Light............only 92 calories, but significantly less alcohol than its Miller counterpart.

Obviuosly, the big no-no's are girly drinks...........frozen drinks, mudslides, and the gayest of all......wine coolers. Minimal alcohol, but a butt-load of empty calories in these homo-slurpies.

I also did a speach on hang-over prevention and treatment, but thats a story for some other time.
    Last edited by Carl Carlson; 07-31-2004 at 06:35 PM.

alcohol is 17 KJ per gram (just like carbs and protein)
    that means 4 calories per gram of Alcohol!

Carl Carlson is offline Junior Member
    How much ya wanna bet?
    Alcohol is 7 kcal/g.
    I'm a registered dietician.

mass junkie is offline banned
    There is more variables to it...........it depends on how big of a drinker you are....what you are drinking? How long you've been drinking? same questions can be applied to the type of steroid that you are using as well... Obviously some orals have the potential to do more harm since they have to pass through the liver twice. You also have to ask yourself why are you doing steroids for anyways? Do you plan to compete and take your body to the next level or are you a weekend warrior who just wants to look good at the beach come summertime? The more serious you take your steroid usage and cut out the garbage the further you will go plain and simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Carlson
    How much ya wanna bet?
    Alcohol is 7 kcal/g.
    I'm a registered dietician.
    You are right bro!
    Last time I learned the energy values was in highschool!

something like
    17 kj for protein + carbs (not the dietary fibre)
    34 kj for fat
    17 kj for alcohol I thought (but after looking it up you are right it is 27 kj)

I stand by my alcohol/leucine anabolism/catabolism story though

Greets
    Kingofmasters

PrairieDawg is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dgthekid
    nah its cool man drink up its fun
    that is terrible advice. encouraging someone to drink while they are on AS. I dont even know where to start so I wont all I'll say is BAD ADVICE.

smackdown is offline New Member
    take an off on alcohols during roid cycle, it really hurts on your liver... take it easy man... u won't die without alcohols instead u'll gain some muscles

RussianVodka is offline Senior Member
    If you are having orals you liver will get additional hit. I have read in last issue of MD that Deca and Test help your body to fight with alcohol. Really good reading.

Anhydro78 is offline Anabolic Member
    If you actually become healthy for a while(meaning stop drinking) then you will know exactly what it does too you. I drink occaisionally and when I do I can really feel the effect.

Plus the whole point of taking steroids is increased protein synthesis and increased creatine production. And drinking drastically effects these processes. There are other benifits of steroids that im sure it has an effect on.

You cant be an alcholic and take steroids.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information