Thread: a **** question

hung-solo is offline Anabolic Member

a **** question

can you still grow with 3,000 cals (clean) with about 400grams of protein? this is going along with a prop only cycle at 500mg a week

line it up and bump it up

PT
    PT is offline DUNAMIS ~ AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    yes, as long as you dont do cardio to burn to many off. everyones calorie needs are different though.

well actually i could use some bf% loss. i am naturally stocky and can gain muscle fairly quickly. i was just wondering, cuz its a bitch eating that much food, esp clean!

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by hung-solo
    can you still grow with 3,000 cals (clean) with about 400grams of protein? this is going along with a prop only cycle at 500mg a week
    It's all realative to the individual........... You need to see where your maintence calories are and from there you can decide what you need to add or take away in calories to meet your goals.

Tribex is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMudMan
    It's all realative to the individual........... You need to see where your maintence calories are and from there you can decide what you need to add or take away in calories to meet your goals.

The mudman speaketh well... it all depends, everyone is different. Naturally, you need about 250-500 calories a day above maintainace to grow properly, but as i said... thats naturally. When on something, i'd up that bigtime. IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMudMan
    where do i find out what my maintence cals should be?

MyBodyIsMyTemple is offline Associate Member
    i say yes although it would be minimal but clean and lean gains especially on prop and teh clean diet-

whats your stats tho?

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    You would have to calculate all the calories that you eat on a daily bases where you maintain your bw and see where they are.......... this would be the simplest way to do it.

Tribex is offline Associate Member

Kinda has to guesstimated because depends on height, weight, genetics, and mostly metabolism. If ur really really interested in it, go to Ballys (i cant believe i just said that because i hate that place) and ask for a RMR test (resting metabolic rate). It costs around 30 bucks maybe and tests how many calories you burn just to be awake for one day. One you know that, add however many calories you burn a day from activities, and you know what ur maintence is...

im 5'7", around 200lbs with 17% bf give or take. goals are to gain lean muscle while losing some of the bf%. my diet is fairly clean. i have b12 on the side for the d.l. prop which i might start using to cut the prop and to help with hunger.. i reallythink i am going to do the hour morning cardio though to help with the fat

Da Bull is offline Banned
    I'm much older.So my maitenance level is much lower.3300-3500 cals is what I can max out on in a bulk cycle without it turning to fat.

But to answer your question,I'm sure you can gain lean muscle mass.The growth might be a little slower,but what's the hurry anyway?I never bought into these ultra high cal diets anyway.As long as my protein intake is around 1 gram per pound of BW,I still grow no matter what.

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    Quote Originally Posted by Da Bull
    I'm much older.So my maitenance level is much lower.3300-3500 cals is what I can max out on in a bulk cycle without it turning to fat.

But to answer your question,I'm sure you can gain lean muscle mass.The growth might be a little slower,but what's the hurry anyway?I never bought into these ultra high cal diets anyway.As long as my protein intake is around 1 gram per pound of BW,I still grow no matter what.
    Makes sense...
    Is the reason that you max out at 3300-3500 (w/ out it turning to fat) because as you get older your metabolism slows down? That is what you meant right?

i am not in a hurry thats for sure. i gain weight fairly easy so i am going to keep it at around 2500-3000 cals for now and see how it goes and adjust it accordingly. but i do try to keep the proteins at around 300+ grams. i guess ill just wait and see how it goes. thanx bull and everyone else for the relpies.

Da Bull is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Blown_SC
    Makes sense...
    Is the reason that you max out at 3300-3500 (w/ out it turning to fat) because as you get older your metabolism slows down? That is what you meant right?
    Yes,Slower metabolism.I can grow just fine on a 2500-2800 cal diet.I have to watch protein intake as well.Too much and that turns to fat as well.I can't go over a gram per pound these days.This is fine with me.I don't have to be a slave to food all day.Like the younger bros do.

Yes,Slower metabolism.I can grow just fine on a 2500-2800 cal diet.I have to watch protein intake as well.Too much and that turns to fat as well.I can't go over a gram per pound these days.This is fine with me.I don't have to be a slave to food all day.Like the younger bros do.
    ihave a slow ass metabolism. typical endomorph or ecto whatever it is. thats why i can gain strength and muscle ffairly easy but i can gain fat easy too. ****it!

Big_BoneZ is offline Associate Member

Talking

Maintenance calaries can be found this way

Muscles mass X 12 calories (Basal metabolic rate)
    (there's a complicated list of equations to get to it, but it all comes down to this)

so your muscle mass = 200*17% = 166 lbs

So your required calories = 12 * 166 = 1992 (~2000)

This is if you are looking to drop bodyfat, but if you are looking to gain weight, then calories = Muscle Mass * 15

Gaining calories = 166 * 15 = 2490

(if you divide ur protein/carbs/fat right, you will not put fat, and who said cardio doesnt help)

good luck bro!

One more thing DB:
    Does your protein absorption decrease as you age?

ihave a slow ass metabolism. typical endomorph or ecto whatever it is. thats why i can gain strength and muscle ffairly easy but i can gain fat easy too. ****it!
    Same here bro. You, Elliot, and myself are prime Endo examples...

Thread Information