Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    2timer is offline Senior Member
    then is the excess(addiction) is you scared of not alcohol!

Pork Chop is offline Member
    You're fortunate to be able to have a cold beer. I can't. I have to have as many as i can before passing out. So i have none.

Pork Chop is offline Member
    You're fortunate to be able to have a cold beer. I can't. I have to have as many as i can before passing out. So i have none.

Nathan is offline Retired Moderator
    I gave up booze a while ago and have dropped most of the other crap I knew was bad for me but didn't care at the time. Now, I still get high but I use a vaporizer to save my lungs. It does not affect my training, recovery, sleep, etc. I found when I was smoking too much my training took a dive since my endurance was brutal. The problem with alcohol though is that it slows down progress if you drink enough to make it worth your while.

ImmmtheIceman is offline Senior Member
    I know its tough because your in college. My advice to you is only have a few drinks in moderation. If i went to a bar id buy 1 beer, and nurse it the whole night. maybe drink half of it, but that would be it. when on juice you want to do wahtever you can to maximize gains, so remember that is your number 1 priority

Paingain is offline Banned
    I never experienced the whole college life, but whenever I go back to visit NY, I see all the guys who had and what it did to them, hahahahahhaa. There is nothing funnier than a bunch of 300 pound fat asses sitting in the bar and talking about the glory days back in high school. And all the chicks that were the cheerleaders and the ones that I would have given my soul to go out with are pathetic, hahaaha. I wouldnt give em the time of day now. As far as peer pressure goes, I'll tell ya what I think of everytime somebody says"why arent you drinking?" Just look at the person who is saying that and ask yourself,"do I want to look like that?" I know you only live one time, but I've experienced so much more being healthy and fit than being drunk. I've only stepped on that stage one time before, but the feeling of being that pumped up and 2000 people screaming and cheering for me was better than any high or buzz I could ever get. God, I'll never forget what that felt like!!!

MikeyZ23 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by co2boi
    I disagree. I'm not trying to talk him into drinking or anything, but I see no reason not to drink as long as you drink only the amount (or less) than your liver can process. I don't see how that would hinder his gains as long as it is done only on occasion.
    Yea that's fine I guess. Just cut back and don't binge drink like a lot of college people like to do.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information