Cuttup is offline Senior Member

T3,..what the he@l

can someone tell me what the helll T3 is and why is it being used with clen ??? Thanks

bignatt is offline Anabolic Member
    Cytomel is not an anabolic /androgenic steroid but a thyroid hormone. As a substance it contains synthetically manufactured liothyronine sodium which resembles the natural thyroid hormone tricodide-thyronine (L-T3). The thyroid of a healthy person usually produces two hormones, the better known L-thyroxine (L-T4) and the aforementioned L-triiodine-thyronine (L-T3). Since Cytomel is the synthetic equivalent of the latter hormone, it causes the same processes in the body as if the thyroid were to produce more of the hormone. It is interesting to note that L-T3 is clearly the stronger and more effective of these two hormones. This makes Cytomel more effective than the commercially available L-T4 compounds such as L-thyroxine or Synthroid . L-T3 has proven to be 4-5 times more biologically active and to take effect more quickly than L-thyroxine (L-T4)." In school medicine Cytomel is used to treat thyroid insufficiency (hypothyroidism). Among other secondary symptoms are obesity, metabolic disorders, and fatigue. Bodybuilders take advantage of these characteristics and stimulate their metabolism by taking Cytomel, which causes a faster conversion of carbohydrates, proteins, and fats. Body builders, of course, are especially interested in an increased lipolysis, which means increased fat burning. Competing body builders, in particular, use Cytomel during the weeks before a championship since it helps to maintain an extremely low fat content, without necessitating a hunger diet. Athletes who use low dosages of Cytomel report that by the simultaneous intake of steroids , the steroids become mote effective, most likely as the result of the faster conversion of protein.

To a great extent several body builders who are pictured in "muscle magazines" and display a hard and defined look in photos, eat fast food and iron this out by taking Cytomel. The over stimulated thyroid burns calories like a blast furnace. Nowadays, instead of Cytomel, athletes use Clenbuterol which is becoming more and more popular. Those who combine these two compounds will burn an enormous amount of fat. Cytomel is also popular among female body builders. Since women generally have slower metabolisms than men, it is extremely difficult for them to obtain the right form for a competition given today's standards. A drastic reduction of food and calories below the 1000 calorie/day mark can often be avoided by taking Cytomel. Women, no doubt, are more prone to side effects than men but usually get along well with 50 mcg/day. A short-term intake of Cytomel in a reasonable dosage is certainly "healthier" than an extreme hunger diet.

As for the dosage, one should be very careful since Cytomel is a very strong and highly effective thyroid hormone. It is extremely important that one begins with a low dosage, increasing it slowly and evenly over the course of several days. Most athletes begin by taking one 25-mcg tablet per day and increasing this dosage every three to four days by one additional tablet. A dose higher than 100-mcg/ day is not necessary and not advisable. It is not recommended that the daily dose be taken all at once but broken down into three smaller individual doses so that they become more effective. It is also important that Cytomel not be taken for more than six weeks. At least two months of abstinence from the drug needs to follow. Those who take high dosages of Cytomel over a long period of time are at risk of developing a chronic thyroid insufficiency. As a consequence, the athlete might be forced to take thyroid medication for the rest of his life. It is also important that the dosage is reduced slowly and evenly by taking fewer tablets and not be ended abruptly. Those who plan to take Cytomel should first consult a physician in order to be sure that no thyroid hyperfunction exists.

Possible side effects are: heart palpitation, trembling, irregular heartbeat, heart oppression, agita-tion, shortness of breath, excretion of sugar through the urine, excessive perspiration, diarrhea, weight loss, psychic disorders, etc., as well as symptoms of hypersensitivity." Our experience is that most symptoms consist of trembling of hands, nausea, headaches, high perspiration, and increased heartbeat. These negative side effects can often be eliminated by temporarily reducing the daily dosage. Those who use Cytomel over several weeks will experience a decrease in muscle mass. This can be avoided or delayed by simultaneously taking steroids. For the most part, since Cytomel also metabolizes protein, the athlete must eat a diet rich in protein.

Bignatt,..thanks a bunch man....

builtthekid is offline Banned
    ITs some good **** man.

joevette is offline Banned
    T3+clen is a very nice combo. Look at some of Mallet's posts for the best way to use it.

no problem bro

Quote Originally Posted by builtthekid
    ITs some good **** man.
    sounds like it

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    Quote Originally Posted by builtthekid
    ITs some good **** man.
    But it can be problematic, it can shot your own thyroid down, so once you come off it you will rebound like mad and likely gain all the weight (fat) back...not that great of a sh1t...XXL

Quote Originally Posted by MIKE_XXL
    But it can be problematic, it can shot your own thyroid down, so once you come off it you will rebound like mad and likely gain all the weight (fat) back...not that great of a sh1t...XXL
    Does your natural thyroid comeback eventually? Is there a pCT for T3/Cytomel ?

you pretty much just have to taper it and not go to high on the dosage

NickV344 is offline Junior Member
    make sure you be careful with t3 though it can really screw up your thyroid and make you become dependent on it. Educate yourself on it before you take it.

actualy the thyroid rebounds very fast in just a few days ..I'm hypo and I still rebound fast..I have this monitored by the doc ...blood tests

Quote Originally Posted by MIKE_XXL

But if you maintain a great diet and keep up the cardio,..shouldnt the majority of the fat that T3 burned stay off?

sooner45 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuttup
    But if you maintain a great diet and keep up the cardio,..shouldnt the majority of the fat that T3 burned stay off?
    Bump for more info??

big_tone is offline Junior Member
    will a high protein diet for cutting be enough to save muscle while on t-3?

Quote Originally Posted by big_tone
    it certainly wont hurt,..it should help a little.Truth is if your on aas,..you protein intake needs to be high anyway,..if not,..i still increase since the t3 will be eating away some of your muscle...goodluck.

swole101 is offline Junior Member
    what about high doseages of phs would it reduce muscle loss

bor
    bor is offline D-bol Poppin'
    No it wont, you need AS bro

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    It will significantly reduce the amount of LBM lost, but you will lose some... hence why at higher doses people run test with it...
    Last edited by Blown_SC; 03-14-2005 at 04:49 PM. Reason: Spelling

LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    This is such a controversial topic....... some say you need AAS, others say you don't. I've run it both ways and on a low dosage when my diet was on point I didn't lose muscle without AAS.

Mallet is offline Anabolic Member
    T3 will not cause muscle loss if you dose yourself correctly. There is a thread on thyroid pct's for coming off t3 cycles. Taking thyroid supplements can cause thyroid problems but all of them seem to be reversable...I have dealt with over 1000 people using thyroid supplements and have not come across a single person who has screwed up there thyroid from taking t3, more people screw up there thyroid from toxins in our food, over active adrenals, stress, lack of sleep, obesity, etc...If your considering using t3 for weight loss then the best way to dose yourself accurately is to monitor your basal body temp, this is done first thing in the morning before your feet even hit the floor with little to no movement at all...the optimal range is between 97.6-98.2 degF. If your temp is below 97.6 then increaes your dose slightly, if your temp gets above 98.2 then decrease your dose slightly, but the rule of thumb is to no go above 1mcg per LB of bodyweight.

big_tone is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LeanMeOut
    This is such a controversial topic....... some say you need AAS, others say you don't. I've run it both ways and on a low dosage when my diet was on point I didn't lose muscle without AAS.
    and fat-loss from the t-3 was still noticeable?

I'm not planning on using aas just yet because i'm saving it for a bulk!

wired-up is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mallet
    T3 will not cause muscle loss if you dose yourself correctly. There is a thread on thyroid pct's for coming off t3 cycles. Taking thyroid supplements can cause thyroid problems but all of them seem to be reversable...I have dealt with over 1000 people using thyroid supplements and have not come across a single person who has screwed up there thyroid from taking t3, more people screw up there thyroid from toxins in our food, over active adrenals, stress, lack of sleep, obesity, etc...If your considering using t3 for weight loss then the best way to dose yourself accurately is to monitor your basal body temp, this is done first thing in the morning before your feet even hit the floor with little to no movement at all...the optimal range is between 97.6-98.2 degF. If your temp is below 97.6 then increaes your dose slightly, if your temp gets above 98.2 then decrease your dose slightly, but the rule of thumb is to no go above 1mcg per LB of bodyweight.
    my bbt was 97.2 i have read your thyroid threads and understood them. what is a good starting dose? 20mcg? i'm 180lbs. looking to burn some fat. diet and cardio are on key. should i up the dose every day, or give it a day or two to see the change? is 20mcg increments good, or go with 10mcg for upping the dose? thanks.

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    Quote Originally Posted by wired-up
    my bbt was 97.2 i have read your thyroid threads and understood them. what is a good starting dose? 20mcg? i'm 180lbs. looking to burn some fat. diet and cardio are on key. should i up the dose every day, or give it a day or two to see the change? is 20mcg increments good, or go with 10mcg for upping the dose? thanks.
    I started at 50mcg, and will do 100mcg starting tomorrow...

Most people that prefer to do it in the manner you suggested increase by increments of 25-50mcgs per week...

bump

shifty_git is offline Anabolically Aware
    surely you've found out about t3 after 4 years? lol

JSola is offline Associate Member
    lol, 4 yr old thread getting bumped

Quote Originally Posted by JSola View Post
    lol, 4 yr old thread getting bumped
    by the original poster is the random part! lol

Quote Originally Posted by shifty_git View Post
    surely you've found out about t3 after 4 years? lol
    lol..oh for sure...but I've found that AAS and supplemnets are a never ending quest of knowledge. I bumped it for the points and views that were made in this thread which still answer lots of the current questions

Quote Originally Posted by Cuttup View Post
    lol..oh for sure...but I've found that AAS and supplemnets are a never ending quest of knowledge. I bumped it for the points and views that were made in this thread which still answer lots of the current questions
    ha ha - fairplay! u got a good memory for remembering it!

sphincter is offline Member
    it actually helped me as I am including some T3 in this cycle and the wife wants to as well so there was some very helpfule info in here..

Jackblack20 is offline Junior Member
    If there is family history of thyroid problems, should one make sure to get a baseline check before taking cytomel ? also does anyone know what exactly they are looking for in blood test for thyroid function?

Quote Originally Posted by Jackblack20 View Post
    If there is family history of thyroid problems, should one make sure to get a baseline check before taking cytomel? also does anyone know what exactly they are looking for in blood test for thyroid function?
    BUmp for a great question?

Wavelover is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackblack20 View Post
    If there is family history of thyroid problems, should one make sure to get a baseline check before taking cytomel? also does anyone know what exactly they are looking for in blood test for thyroid function?
    TSH below normal level you need T3 or T4

Wavelover is offline Junior Member
    Sorry, I was wrong typo,
    the correct is TSH above normal level need T3 or T4

Thread Information