Thread: Ampoule opener

migs03 is offline New Member

Ampoule opener

Does anybody here use them? And how good are they from keeping those tiny microscopic pieces of glass from getting into the gear?

MrGreen is offline Member
    Never used amps but I would always filter your gear from amps, no reason to chance it!

Quote Originally Posted by MrGreen View Post
    Never used amps but I would always filter your gear from amps, no reason to chance it!
    Which type of filter will I need I would imagine there are different sizes i might be wrong if i am correct me.

.22 whatman

Quote Originally Posted by MrGreen View Post
    .22 whatman
    .22 whatman.Is this a universal filter or will it only fit a specific pin gauge?
    Would it be possible to transfer the oil from the amps into a sterile vile,after all this its seems like a better option.Damnit why does HG gear have to come in amps!!!!!

It will work with any pin. It goes on before the pin, one end is screw on and one end is slip on.

Im not sure about transferring it to be honest with you I dont use them. LOL Someone who does may chime in and suggest something more efficient. What I told you is just what I would do personally!

dieseljimmy is offline Associate Member
    I always use amp opener. it takes the guess work out of it. sometimes you can still get a little glass in it though. most of the time it takes the whole top off no issue. the problem with using a filter is you will lose some gear. maybe not much but I dont want .8cc of sust I want 1 cc + of sust damn it. and even the cheap filters are like 2 bucks each-even at bulk. and I always discard my filter after a single use due to contamination issues. so then you have to start cracking several amps at a time, which can mess up the injection schedule. I say use the amp opener and use a small guage needle to draw out of cracked vial.

MBMETC is offline Anabolic Member
    Look into filter needles, im concerned about the whole glass dust as well but the research i've done on here about it seems to be a 50 50 thing some guys use amp openers, some guy dont and are not concerned with the glass. I dunno. If you do buy an opener i know there is link with a company that sells them for 7.00 dont pay more

Thread Information