Atomini is offline Banned

Interchangeability between testosterone propionate and enanthate. Opinions?

I personally love short estered compounds. Testosterone propionate is a staple in all of my cycles. I've only ever run long esters once. And that's because I hate the fvck out of them.

Here's the thing: i'm in the military. Occasionally I may have to go off for 3 or 4 days for a field exercise. If I am on cycle and it is too inconvenient to attempt to pin myself (in the field of all places, and let alone every other day, lol), I am thinking of just using testosterone enanthate for these once-in-a-while situations.

I'm curious if it is useful to do this and if temporarily interchanging prop with enanthate will keep blood levels sufficiantly stable for 3 or 4 days. This is assuming it's already mid-cycle, and frequent shots of propionate have already risen blood levels to their optimum range before enanthate is introduced once.

Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    I would think it would be fine, there may be variations in blood levels but I wouldn't expect it to be extreme.

Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Atomini View Post
    I personally love short estered compounds. Testosterone propionate is a staple in all of my cycles. I've only ever run long esters once. And that's because I hate the fvck out of them.

Here's the thing: i'm in the military. Occasionally I may have to go off for 3 or 4 days for a field exercise. If I am on cycle and it is too inconvenient to attempt to pin myself (in the field of all places, and let alone every other day, lol), I am thinking of just using testosterone enanthate for these once-in-a-while situations.

I'm curious if it is useful to do this and if temporarily interchanging prop with enanthate will keep blood levels sufficiantly stable for 3 or 4 days. This is assuming it's already mid-cycle, and frequent shots of propionate have already risen blood levels to their optimum range before enanthate is introduced once.
    Enanthate usually takes a while to build up in your system however i have heard of people using prop at the end of there cycles so they do not have to wait out the half lives of the compounds they have been running therefore PCT can start immediately.

sixey is offline Associate Member
    interesting point man, glad you brought it up. i was thinking about this recently as well. how would you dose the test e to coincide with what you were dosing the test p at?

i.e. if you were pinning 100mg of prop eod, and you had to do a 4 day field exercise, how much test e would you pin, 200? 300?

Quote Originally Posted by jim230027 View Post
    Enanthate usually takes a while to build up in your system however i have heard of people using prop at the end of there cycles so they do not have to wait out the half lives of the compounds they have been running therefore PCT can start immediately.
    The thing about enanthate taking a while to build up in the system seems to ONLY occur if you start off with enanthate (without frontloading it). In that case, enanthate is in a way having to carry blood levels up at its own slow pace, which usually takes 2 or 3 weeks to do. Propionate does this within a week, give or take a couple days.

In my situation, my blood levels would have already risen to optimal levels before the enanthate is introduced, so the enanthate would just sort of be 'carrying it along' for a few days before propionate is re-introduced, if you will.

Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    The thing about enanthate taking a while to build up in the system seems to ONLY occur if you start off with enanthate (without frontloading it). In that case, enanthate is in a way having to carry blood levels up at its own slow pace, which usually takes 2 or 3 weeks to do. Propionate does this within a week, give or take a couple days.

In my situation, my blood levels would have already risen to optimal levels before the enanthate is introduced, so the enanthate would just sort of be 'carrying it along' for a few days before propionate is re-introduced, if you will.
    precisely my thinking. although the slower rate of release and frequency of injections in typical long ester cycles would result in an accumulation of sorts leaving blood levels higher in the middle and end of a long ester cycle than they would likely get in a short ester cycle, if you were to stay on the prop until before you leave but also start the long ester a week or so before the time off and take a shot right before you leave you would sustain the higher levels, certainly better than using short esters and just missing 4 or 5 days resulting in a drastic valley in your levels.

Quote Originally Posted by sixey View Post
    interesting point man, glad you brought it up. i was thinking about this recently as well. how would you dose the test e to coincide with what you were dosing the test p at?

i.e. if you were pinning 100mg of prop eod, and you had to do a 4 day field exercise, how much test e would you pin, 200? 300?
    Good question. This is how i'm looking at it:

Lets say a field exercise lands on a weekend and carries from friday night to tuesday morning. It would depend on how many shots of prop and when those shots would be done.

So lets say I am doing prop at 100mg every other day, and during this particular week my shots have landed on tuesday-thursday-satuday-monday-wednesday.

The field exercise would cover 2 days of prop shots. That's 200mg. What I would probably do is shoot 200 (maybe just 250mg) of enanthate on friday before I head off. Should cover the 4 days. Probably more than I need as well, since enanthate's half life is 7 days. That's something else to take into account.

Good question. This is how i'm looking at it:

Lets say a field exercise lands on a weekend and carries from friday night to tuesday morning. It would depend on how many shots of prop and when those shots would be done.

So lets say I am doing prop at 100mg every other day, and during this particular week my shots have landed on tuesday-thursday-satuday-monday-wednesday.

The field exercise would cover 2 days of prop shots. That's 200mg. What I would probably do is shoot 200 (maybe just 250mg) of enanthate on friday before I head off. Should cover the 4 days. Probably more than I need as well, since enanthate's half life is 7 days. That's something else to take into account.
    gotcha. so just whatever you would be missing from prop, plus a little extra.

Yeah, a bit extra just for insurance I guess.

This would be good info as well for someone who is going on vacation for a short bit and doesn't want to bring pins and gear with them over the border or something as well.

Yeah, a bit extra just for insurance I guess.

This would be good info as well for someone who is going on vacation for a short bit and doesn't want to bring pins and gear with them over the border or something as well.
    yeah that is EXACTLY what im considering it for!

shockjock is offline New Member
    So in the cycle planner on here it would be okay to replace the cypionate or enenthate with propionate and leave off the dianabol ?

This thread is discussing temporary replacement. To totally interchange your cycle to switch from enanthate to propionate is different, though it can probably still be done.

Dianabol ? You're talking about not requiring a kickstart if you use prop first and then switch to enanthate?

Bertuzzi is offline AR's Common Sense Ninja
    Funny that this topic came up.... and it helped me a great deal. My next cycle will probably be starting in mid January and finishing Mid March, but I have to go to San Antonio for 5 days in mid march and will **** up the end of my cycle/pct start.

I was thinking this would be my solution but wasn't sure if it would be ok. I will be running prop 100mg/ed for 8 week and I figured I would run for the prop for 7 weeks then do 2 shots of test e at 350mg for the last week.... this way I can wait to start my PCT till I get back due to the long ester.

Was gonna wait to bring this up till the time was a little closer.... but now is a good time I think

What do you guys figure.... sound good??

not trying to hi-jack either, sorry

bntz305 is offline New Member
    sounds....OK

Propionate instead of Cypionate or Enanthate

This thread is discussing temporary replacement. To totally interchange your cycle to switch from enanthate to propionate is different, though it can probably still be done.

Dianabol? You're talking about not requiring a kickstart if you use prop first and then switch to enanthate?
    Actually I was wondering if would be okay to just cycle through with Propionate all the way and not switch. Will that work? Thanks for the help ahead of time!

Quote Originally Posted by shockjock View Post
    Actually I was wondering if would be okay to just cycle through with Propionate all the way and not switch. Will that work? Thanks for the help ahead of time!
    You mean start with Propionate and finish with propionate? That's what you're supposed to do...

You mean start with Propionate and finish with propionate? That's what you're supposed to do...
    Thanks for the information. I hate being the newbie but I don't want to screw up either. You veterans are very much appreciated!!

Thread Information