Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Balco

  1. #1
    td32 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    tampa
    Posts
    92

    Balco

    As A former baseball player in the minor league's, I saw plenty of steroid use and learned a good amount about steroids .....obviously not even close to as much as many on this board, but a good amount compared to the average person. This entire BALCO thing with Bonds and Giambi and all those guys really is pissing me off. The media must think we are retards....like we should be shocked these guys use steroids . As a former player it pisses me off even more the baseball is the only major sport focused on, because as we all know there is zero steroid use in the NFL .


    Here is my question for you guru's out there. Were the steroids that Bonds supposedly taking any good? I mean I know there are steroids that help a lot, and some that really dont do squat....especially with regards to baseball. I am especially curious now when I read that Bonds was taking a "cream". Are creams really that effective? I mean I guess they can work, but I would assume that injectables and pills would be far better for a power hitter to take. The reason I am asking is because the media is going to try and attribute all of Bonds success to juice. I will tell you from experience that I have seen players power numbers dramatically increase form some powerful steroids. But you gotta be a stud to hit 73 home runs in a season.

    It just seems like this is a modern day lynching by the media and govt(leaking grand jury testimony). Hell, I got so pissed when Mark MaGuire was getting dumped on for taking Andro(even though everyone with a clue knew he was juicing), and Andro doesnt have that big of an impact.



    If anyone has any knowledge about the steroids in question for the Balco case and their effectiveness, I would appreciate any words of wisdom.

  2. #2
    letmein's Avatar
    letmein is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    177
    The only thing that I can conclude is that the creme is bio-identical and similar to propianate. It is applied daily and would be undetectable in the shortest amount of time. It pisses me off to hear these guys talk about shooting GH into your stomach and that Clomid enhances your test levels. This is only half of the story and not the reason they are used. If he is taking clomid he is cycling. Why don't these media guys do a little research so they don't sound so stupid?

  3. #3
    td32 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    tampa
    Posts
    92
    letmein, thakns for the info. In your opinion is creme an effective steroid ? I mean I know a lot of these guys take HGH, Deca , Sus....strong stuff for a baseball player. when you said it is similar to propianate, did you mean rubbing this creme on your skin would give you a similar effect to injecting prop?


    I know what you mean with these media clowns. Most of them are pencil necks and think if he took Andro it would make him increase his HR output by about 20 per year.

  4. #4
    jbol's Avatar
    jbol is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    On the End of a Needle
    Posts
    1,814
    Quote Originally Posted by letmein
    The only thing that I can conclude is that the creme is bio-identical and similar to propianate. It is applied daily and would be undetectable in the shortest amount of time. It pisses me off to hear these guys talk about shooting GH into your stomach and that Clomid enhances your test levels. This is only half of the story and not the reason they are used. If he is taking clomid he is cycling. Why don't these media guys do a little research so they don't sound so stupid?

    i agree......if they are going to do a story on it they should at least research so they know what the f**k they are talking about.

  5. #5
    toolman is offline Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,585
    Quote Originally Posted by letmein
    The only thing that I can conclude is that the creme is bio-identical and similar to propianate. It is applied daily and would be undetectable in the shortest amount of time. It pisses me off to hear these guys talk about shooting GH into your stomach and that Clomid enhances your test levels. This is only half of the story and not the reason they are used. If he is taking clomid he is cycling. Why don't these media guys do a little research so they don't sound so stupid?
    Agreed but one things all the MD's are agreeing to is that clomid can cause pituitary tumors which is what he had. Just a reminder that there are some very real risks to somne of the drugs we use.

  6. #6
    bitta's Avatar
    bitta is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    deep south
    Posts
    293
    the cream was a short ester steroid like suspension that was binded w/ some kind of other drug that was not a steroid but rather a masking agent that made it tougher to detect w/ modern methods, the clear was essentially the same thing from what ive heard, a almost cheque drop kind of fast acting androgen.and yes I think they helped a lot b/c if you just list the players that look like they juice then go back and see how those guys dominate

  7. #7
    td32 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    tampa
    Posts
    92
    Bitta, no question juice helps a ton. I think we all know that Bonds has taken far more then just a cream. I actually know for a fact(good friend of mine) that Bonds inner circle had an intervention because he was on so much juice. I hear he was on HGH and all the other stuff. My only question would be how effective is the stuff they caught him with. Were they extremely mild steroids ? Or did they have a significant impact like a Finaplex would have? But as you say, juice does make a significant difference. What makes Bonds a stud is that everyone else is taking it and he is still light years ahead of them.

  8. #8
    dropteeth's Avatar
    dropteeth is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    77
    does clomid excelerate a pituitary tumor or casue one??

  9. #9
    letmein's Avatar
    letmein is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    177
    I don't think the creams can elevate you levels high enough to achieve the type of results that we on the board seek. They could help some with anti-aging maybe as it relates to libido. I wish that a creme could replace prop and still achieve decent levels. Prop is bio-identical but requires a daily injection.

  10. #10
    JdFlex's Avatar
    JdFlex is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    1,158
    Quote Originally Posted by toolman
    Agreed but one things all the MD's are agreeing to is that clomid can cause pituitary tumors which is what he had. Just a reminder that there are some very real risks to somne of the drugs we use.
    Clomid exacerbates pituitary tumors, it DOES NOT cause them. Good God man, you're gonna scare the hell out of everyone.

  11. #11
    dropteeth's Avatar
    dropteeth is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    77
    Quote Originally Posted by JdJuicer
    Clomid exacerbates pituitary tumors, it DOES NOT cause them. Good God man, you're gonna scare the hell out of everyone.
    pheeeeeeeeeew

  12. #12
    Soup's Avatar
    Soup is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    414
    listening to ESPN radio, it seems as if none of the hosts have a clue as to what he was taking, the different kinds of steroids , where you shot them, and cycling. That is what infuriates me. They never try even to seek out the correct info either, they just rehash what has been shown on after school specials and PSA's.

    And then when they bring in lyle alzado, oh man!

  13. #13
    toolman is offline Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,585
    Quote Originally Posted by JdJuicer
    Clomid exacerbates pituitary tumors, it DOES NOT cause them. Good God man, you're gonna scare the hell out of everyone.
    I stand corrected. I reread the article.

    "Giambi reportedly testified that one of the drugs he thought he used was Clomid, a female fertility drug that some medical experts say can exacerbate a pituitary tumor."

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •