Hed
    Hed is offline Senior Member

Quick thoughts, MAY have injected some glass.....

Routine injection, broke the amp, and noticed two small slivers of glass falling towards the bottom of the oil after i popped the top. As i was drawing, making sure not to suck up the two small bits, one did go inside the needle. I immediately stopped drawing, pulled the needle out of the oil, and shot some back into the amp. The piece of glass went back in. I drew around it again, and was able to get the oil into the needle w/o the pieces of glass.

So i think......

I am absolutely positive the slightly bigger piece did not get into the needle. I also let the fluid sit upsidown in the syringe for a while to settle, and changed needles. I saw no glass in there at all.

Shot my left delt, and i feel a little discomfort when i press on the injection spot right now. I dont believe i felt this when i shot my right delt.

Now, my question:

IF, for some crazy reason, a small piece of glass got in there, whats the damage? Right now im 99% sure nothing happened, im just being nervous i think. Time will tell, if i notice anything weird.

But, if it did happen, whats the damage im lookin at? Gets discarded out of the muscle some how? Muscle tissue builds up and just traps it? I dont think it would dissolve, but i dunno.......

Thanks. I think im just worrying.

BDTR is offline Retired
    What guage pin were you using to suck up glass?

If you injected glass, you'd know it. Not to mention it would just clog the pin.

Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.
    Normally I would say it would turn into an infection because your body would try to reject it ie: redness , swelling, puss to drain it. But it is so deep I assume it would stay there, trapped. It is a wait and see thing IMO.

gotagetbig is offline Associate Member
    I've broken an amp before. My wife's an RN and she wouldnt let me use it. Shes the one who gives me the shots so I cant argue with her. I'd rather be out a few bucks then to risk some type of injury.

Hed
    Quote Originally Posted by bdtr
    What guage pin were you using to suck up glass?

If you injected glass, you'd know it. Not to mention it would just clog the pin.

23g to draw, 23g to inject. When i sucked up the larger piece, it went inside the needle, then i just shot it back out. I think i may just be nervous. My shoulder hurts just like a normal injection, im prolly just paranoid.

Even still, i just ordered an actual amp opener to be safe.

Hed
    Oh, and to clarify, i didnt break the amp, it snapped off at the neck like it was supposed to, it just snapped and two small pieces fell into the oil.

darmadoc is offline Member
    Those pieces would probably be too small to cause any problems. If they did cause trouble, you would probably get a sterile abcess which would eventually expel the glass.

Hed
    Yea, im fine now. Im positive id feel something if i moved my shoulder/flexed/massaged it.

I was just paranoid. Still got that amp opener comin tho, dont wanna go through it again.

Thread Information