View Poll Results: Do you tell your doctor you use AAS?

Voters
69. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

37 53.62%
  • No

32 46.38%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    colossus1 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bdtr
    I'll put it this way, mine knows im on a lot of steroids, but i've never told him... Keeps me safe.

Exactly.......the less people that know the better things are.....eventhough at your size its quite evident. I dont understand why people would tell their doctors when there is no need to.

djgoodspeed is offline Junior Member
    There are HRT clinics that may not provide you with there service, but will monitor you for your use. This is good for preventing problems in the future.

mstearns76 is offline Junior Member
    I just recently told my doc, went in since I was sick, walked out with a lecture and was told "never to do it again" (ya right) most docs don't know anything about steriods IMO. I feel he should know since it is his job to treat you totally. I go back in 6 weeks for my BP check and blood work. I hope I can get off this BP meds.

devilman208 is offline Associate Member
    It's all in how you word it. I went to my doc the other day and told him I was on HRT and he didnt say 2 words about it. Now I believe if would of said I was on "steroids " it would of been a completely different story.

aadrenaline is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by spywizard
    No......... unless you are facing a liver/kidney/heart failure....

a doc, although will not tell everyone.. he will document the fact that you abuse steroids , a controlled substance..

get the picture.. if you went in there with high BP.. and said you used coke.. he'd note that as well..

this is very true..i fail;ed a drug test a long time ago in high school...stupid me...but anyway he noted it in my folder...what did i do next office visit nurse left my folder on the counter said doctor will be right in went thru and tore out all that drug test info...

Danbrooks2k is offline Member
    well I havent seen a doctor since 1996 while I was still In the ARMY... since I dont use rec drugs, drink or smoke anymore I dont see the need for a doctor.

the only way I am seeing a doctor is in the emergency room or on the coroners table, thier oppinion is meaningless to me, and if they have to ASK if I am on STEROIDS ... then they probably shouldnt be in the medical profession in the first place.

I dont give a **** who knows what, I believe in honesty... I have flatly told the border patrol that I went into a pharmacy and injected steroids, when they wanted to know why I was only in mexico for 15 minutes... If anyone asks me I am 100% honest, the only place I will not discuss steroids or steroid use is in the GYM or any place that teenagers/young adults are at... because I dont want to encourage steroids to anyone that young.

Duke of Earl is offline Senior Member
    I've told my Dr about juicing, but I'm in the UK so it's not such a big deal.

If you tell your doctor that you are using AAS, you can kiss your chance at ever getting any decent life insurance goodbye! Don't believe me? Read on... I hate doctors and rarely see them for several reasons...here is one. Several years ago I went to establish myself with a doc at the request of Mrs. WCAS because we have two little ones and she wanted to make sure all was ok.

Well, several months later, I was going through the process of getting a 7 figure life insurance policy and received a disturbing phone call from my agent. "Are you using anabolic steroids ?" Hell no was my answer (I wasn't at the time. In fact, it had been four years since I had done my last cycle). Guess what I told my doctor? I use creatine and androstenidione. (This was when Andro was still legal and right when McGuire came out and said he uses it) YEP, because I used Andro, my doc put down that I was a steroid user. In the end and after much talk with the insurance underwriters, I was cleared.

If I hadn't been cleared, you bet that quack would have been sued for defamation etc. It is a pre-cursor, not an AAS. Anyway bros, be careful what you say because it WILL come back to haunt you. Guaranteed!

1819 is offline Senior Member
    i have always told my doctors everything. juice, rec drugs, booze, everything. go for a sprained ankle, then no. whats the point? but bloodwork, surgery anything like that i always want him to be as informed as possible. what if i wind up with some kind of wacko infection that i got from a pin? or somethin that was in some gear and he couldnt pinpoint it cause i didnt tell him. not worth the chance for me. my doc went to a million years of school so he can take care of my broken ass if i can help him just a little by tellin all, then i always do.

told my doc, and told him it fixed joint problems, he actually congratulated me on paying attention to PCT lol

didnt tell my dermo when i went to go on isoretinoin, or id have been blatantly stereotyped.

JayRN is offline New Member

Cool

I think the safest thing to do is to let your doc know esp if you do have an active problem. I agree there are some docs that it might would be a mistake to tell them that you are doing AAS, but you can discuss AAS without telling him or her your doing them. If you try to talk about them and the doc flips then all you have to say is you were just curious, then go find another doc. I work with and know a big variety of docs from different specialties and all are different. They are people just like we are and they have their own ethical belief system. I had a discussion not too long ago with a cardiologist who works out also, we talked about an hour on some of the safest AAS to take and that he also uses them. Of course not many at all are like that but they are out there. If you want to see what kind of ethical beliefs your doc has then just bring up the subject of AAS, and like I said they will either be receptive or not. You still do not have to admit to it. And even if they suspect that you use AAS, they can't document that without evidence of use.
    Last edited by JayRN; 07-29-2006 at 04:05 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information