Thread: Source Checks
04-18-2005, 06:17 AM #1
I have been getting hammered lately for source checks. While I realize that this is a part of my responsibilities as Mod here, there are a few things I would like to point out that will make everyone's life a little easier.
(This thread is pertaining to myself and source checks)
1) Please put the addy in the subject title. I get so many that I forget who requested a specific check. Then I have to filter through all the pm's in my inbox in order to find the right person to answer.
2) I will no longer do source checks on websites. I don't have the time to do the leg work on a site you found on google. In addition, in all my years, I have only heard of two ***** sites that were any good. I have never, nor will I ever use one myself.
3) I will not supply you with a source. Ever. I have never given anyone a source of mine. If I had my way, my sources would only deal with me but that is not possible.
4) See the little light by my username? If it is not green. I am not online. Therefore, I can not answer you. DO NOT pm me 10 times in ten minutes with: "Anything yet?" "Anything yet?".......DELETE
5) I realize this is the internet. However, I take my reputation here very seriously. Therefore, when I do a source check I try to be as thorough as possible. If I say someone is good to go, I need the peace of mind that the guy is good to go.
Again, not trying to be a prick here. Just want to point some things out that will make both yours and my life much easier.
04-18-2005, 06:19 AM #2
One more thing.....
Please do not send source checks to my e-mail addy.
04-18-2005, 08:43 AM #3
The website checks are getting totally out of hand as of late, I guess You guys are finding sites on google which most likely means their a scam. 50 new sites pop up each day, and it's impossible for us to keep up w/ all of them, what I can tell you is that 99% of them are scammers if not selective scammers so stay away.
04-18-2005, 08:47 AM #4
Good post, Diesel. I hadn't thought about including the address in the subject header. We appreciate the trouble you guys take to do source checks for us less knowledgeable users, and I, for one, do not want to abuse your willingness to help. You are not being a prick, and anyone who thinks you are a prick for putting reasonable requests to those asking for help, are the real pricks.
I might also add that newbies should check the profile of anyone you PM for a source check. If a mod or vet does not WANT to do source checks, it will be in the sig. READ it!
04-18-2005, 02:20 PM #5
04-18-2005, 02:57 PM #6Senior Member
- Join Date
- Jan 2002
diesel is awesome. he always does his best to help anyone
04-18-2005, 03:15 PM #7Swellin Guest
Spot on brother! That should help everyone, if only it gets read.
04-18-2005, 03:18 PM #8Originally Posted by MBaraso
Yup.......it seems 9 out of every 10 source checks I get are on websites.
Good post Diesel
04-18-2005, 04:50 PM #9
its only right to respect the wishes of MODs...there always willing to help...great post diesel... ive only seen 1 . c o m site that even looked close to be true...right click and check the html source code...i could code better sites then the ones found on google
04-19-2005, 05:11 AM #10
I'll bump this one last time.....
04-19-2005, 05:23 AM #11
i have only heard of one . com that's worth a shyt... if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is
04-19-2005, 08:27 AM #12
10-25-2005, 03:31 PM #13Junior Member
- Join Date
- Aug 2005
I am sure that mods get a lot of requests for source checks and that many of them are BS google search replies. However, a physical source is not always an option for all of us. The majority of people in my area are preoccupied with money matters and cant be trusted for a genuine product. I am also aware that this is a possibility with websites, but for those of us who have been referred to websites by people (instead of search engines) a source check from a mod is still wanted. Even if its only 1-2% of them that actually deliver it would be nice to know if what we have is part of that small amount. I respect everyones opinions and feelings, by no means am i trying to start an issue. I just dont think we should shut everyone out by generalizing a nuisance when we have a board that promotes knowledge and support.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)