panda is offline Female Member

How long to be off Spironolactone before starting a cycle?

I am a female; my endocrinologist prescribed me Spironolactone to help with water retention and acne. I have been taking it chronically for the last year, and it has worked like a charm. I am looking to take a Clenbuterol and Oxandrolone stack for 8 weeks... I know I can't take the Spironolactone with Clen because it's a diuretic and taking supplemental potassium would be fatal, and the Oxandrolone and Spironolactone would cancel each other out. I am wondering how long I should be off of Spironolactone before I start my cycle. I do not know if the half-life builds up like Clenbuterol? Anyone have any ideas?

MBaraso is offline Retired Mod
    I think you should ask your Dr. if it's ok for you to stop taking it first but I don't see why he perscribed this to you as an acne treatment even though it is a Diuretic it's usually used to treat high blood pressure, congestive heart failure, kidney and liver disease and conditions in which there are abnormally low levels of potassium in the blood.

panda is offline Female Member
    Okay, I'll ask him.

He gave it to me primarily because I retain water SOOOOOO badly, but it helps with the acne because it acts as an anti-androgen. According to him it also reduces androgen sensitivity of the skin. He said during clinical trials when it was given to men for high blood pressure, they started to develop boobies, and they looked more closely and found the anti-androgen properties.

MBaraso is offline Retired Mod
    Well your not supposed to just stop taking that medication without consulting your Dr. first so I would do that if I were u.
    Also It won't hurt to ask him how long that drug stays active in your system after discontinueing it. That should give u the answer your looking for..

Thread Information