guest589745 is offline 2/3 Deca 1/3 Test

Tapering useful?

Is tapering on/off of test-e useful? I have been told to never abruptly stop use of AAS. I suppose this is why nolva/clomid are used? How greatly does nolva effect gains if at all, during cycle?

dirtyvegas is offline Senior Member
    Some will say yes. some will argue, to keep blood levels level. id say keep blood levels "LEVEL". ive heard a few times that nolva could inhibit gains while on a cycle, I think it would all depend on the dosage used and the individual.

~DV~

darmadoc is offline Member
    The half-life of test e is long enough that it tapers itself after you stop it.

lzicc is offline Senior Member
    I am going to try to taper this current cycle just to see is there is a difference as to not tapering.

Big M is offline Associate Member
    The half-life of test e is long enough that it tapers itself after you stop it
    True so true

The Baron is offline Fourth Koala of the Apocalypse
    Tapering is not usually a good idea. Possibly, if you are on a long cycle and running 2-3 grams of test per week, you might want to reduce to a gram or less in the final weeks so your levels will drop faster after your last shot. Otherwise, for more normal dosages, tapering is not a good idea IMHO. In fact, I prefer just the opposite... to crash quickly, so the duration during which you are no longer in an anabolic condition to when you are finally depleted enough for effective PCT is shorter. To do this, one switches in the last 4 weeks to prop and maybe in the last week to suspension. This is probably just an insignificant little anal detail but it seems to work for me.

Remember, there is not much difference to the HPTA between taking supranormal amounts of test and taking 5 times that amount. When you are shut down, you are shut down, period. For a long cycle, one can begin running a very low dose of hcg whenever desired, and cease using it a week before pct.

Quote Originally Posted by The Baron
    Tapering is not usually a good idea. Possibly, if you are on a long cycle and running 2-3 grams of test per week, you might want to reduce to a gram or less in the final weeks so your levels will drop faster after your last shot. Otherwise, for more normal dosages, tapering is not a good idea IMHO. In fact, I prefer just the opposite... to crash quickly, so the duration during which you are no longer in an anabolic condition to when you are finally depleted enough for effective PCT is shorter. To do this, one switches in the last 4 weeks to prop and maybe in the last week to suspension. This is probably just an insignificant little anal detail but it seems to work for me.

Remember, there is not much difference to the HPTA between taking supranormal amounts of test and taking 5 times that amount. When you are shut down, you are shut down, period. For a long cycle, one can begin running a very low dose of hcg whenever desired, and cease using it a week before pct.
    GOOD ADVISE

longhorn814 is offline Anabolic Member
    people used to taper b/c they thought by reducing the dose that it would kick start their natural test production, which we now know is wrong! Once youre shut down, youre shut down just like the baron said

Twix is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by longhorn814
    people used to taper b/c they thought by reducing the dose that it would kick start their natural test production, which we now know is wrong! Once youre shut down, youre shut down just like the baron said
    True but then again doctor's will prescribe you a test replacement therapy that can consist of either one shot of test a week or one a month to keep those levels at a normal rate. Its kind of the synthetic way of doing it, but my doc did it for my brother.

cantqwit is offline Associate Member
    i feel that the human body much like a good movie or story, would prefer a smooth introduction(lower dose 1st shot) followed by a rising action(tapering up) a climax,( top dose) and a falling action(tapering down) over an abrupt startage and stoppage. isnt that how we operate in all other areas of life? why shoud roids be different. the body wants homeostasis as much as possible. the fact we are injecting secondary hormones to begin with will throw that off. then to suddenly stop at once and go from 750mg of test to 0,0,and pct. i would think the stress hormones(cortisol) that are highly catabolic anyway would be further induced d/t the body trying to compensate for the "suddeness"., and we dont need any more catabolic issues post cycle, we have plenty already!. im just here to try to present the other side. i dont know everything but i know more than i used to. and its a hell of a movie!

longhorn814 is offline Anabolic Member
    you have to remember the half lives of these chemicals too. The half life of a long acting ester such as enan, cyp, deca , etc will taper itself too

Thread Information