Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Results 1 to 22 of 22
  1. #1
    Oceans7's Avatar
    Oceans7 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    89

    Drinking and Cycling?

    OK obviously chugging shots every night is hard on the liver, and adding orals to the mix ... well, nuf said. But is casual drinking really bad on the cycles? O7
    Last edited by Oceans7; 08-08-2005 at 06:54 PM.

  2. #2
    rager's Avatar
    rager is offline Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    crashing my boat
    Posts
    742
    I drink sometimes on cycle, make sure you are taking your ALA, Milk thistle and keep it to a minimum... DRINK ON !!!!!!!

  3. #3
    Oceans7's Avatar
    Oceans7 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    89
    I hear ya on the Milk Thistle ... but what's ALA?

  4. #4
    SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    25,778
    Why anyone would drink on cycle to add stress to the body/liver, I've no idea. As well, it sure isn't going to help your look any nor muscle gain or fat loss.

    ~SC~

  5. #5
    Seattle Junk's Avatar
    Seattle Junk is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sea-town (upper left USA)
    Posts
    3,010
    I know a guy that bragged to me about drinking while on drol. I thought he was joking but he was serious. That is crazy and wreckless. I see your kidneys and liver are working at full speed trying to detoxify 50mgs of drol then drinking on top of that. Maybe piss some blood or get that yellow tint in your skin from jaundice....ughhhhh.... Not fun sides.

  6. #6
    Oceans7's Avatar
    Oceans7 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    89
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Why anyone would drink on cycle to add stress to the body/liver, I've no idea. As well, it sure isn't going to help your look any nor muscle gain or fat loss.

    ~SC~
    If you are not competing and you enjoy the liesure why not?

  7. #7
    Seattle Junk's Avatar
    Seattle Junk is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sea-town (upper left USA)
    Posts
    3,010
    Quote Originally Posted by Oceans7
    If you are not competing and you enjoy the liesure why not?
    Do you enjoy having a healthy liver? I would do injectables only if you have a heavy social schedule that requires drinking.

  8. #8
    Oceans7's Avatar
    Oceans7 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    89
    Quote Originally Posted by Seattle Junk
    I know a guy that bragged to me about drinking while on drol. I thought he was joking but he was serious. That is crazy and wreckless. I see your kidneys and liver are working at full speed trying to detoxify 50mgs of drol then drinking on top of that. Maybe piss some blood or get that yellow tint in your skin from jaundice....ughhhhh.... Not fun sides.
    Yep, gotta agree with you 100% if you are on orals ... that's crazy! But what if you are on a moderate Enth/Eq cycle?

  9. #9
    Oceans7's Avatar
    Oceans7 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    89
    Quote Originally Posted by Seattle Junk
    Do you enjoy having a healthy liver? I would do injectables only if you have a heavy social schedule that requires drinking.
    yep, definately want a healthy liver. I have blood tests run every 2 months, and if anything look out of place I make amends to address it. so far so good.

  10. #10
    SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    25,778
    Quote Originally Posted by Oceans7
    If you are not competing and you enjoy the liesure why not?
    Hey, do as you wish, I simply stated my opinion on the matter. May want to read it again as I listed reasons. Just because one isn't competing doesn't mean one wouldn't want to lose excess fat and gain lean mass and screw up the ability to do this because of alcohol.



    ~SC~

  11. #11
    Seattle Junk's Avatar
    Seattle Junk is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sea-town (upper left USA)
    Posts
    3,010
    Damn Swole has 16K posts....that's crazy....hehe

  12. #12
    Oceans7's Avatar
    Oceans7 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    89
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Hey, do as you wish, I simply stated my opinion on the matter. May want to read it again as I listed reasons. Just because one isn't competing doesn't mean one wouldn't want to lose excess fat and gain lean mass and screw up the ability to do this because of alcohol.



    ~SC~

    Gotcha ... THAT's what I was wondering. If it inhibits lean mass growth and adds fat ... nuf said. THX Bro

  13. #13
    SplinterCell's Avatar
    SplinterCell is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    1,929
    Drinking on cycle is like running a marathon, except that for every four strides you take forward you take one back, then you punch yourself in the face and do the hokey-pokey before taking another four strides.

  14. #14
    rager's Avatar
    rager is offline Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    crashing my boat
    Posts
    742
    ALA Is Alpha lipoic acid. Obviously drinking on cycle isn't the best idea, but some people still like to have a life and actually mingle with people. It isn't going to kill you and I dont give a Sht who on this board says it will !!!!!!!!

  15. #15
    SplinterCell's Avatar
    SplinterCell is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    1,929
    Quote Originally Posted by rager
    ALA Is Alpha lipoic acid. Obviously drinking on cycle isn't the best idea, but some people still like to have a life and actually mingle with people. It isn't going to kill you and I dont give a Sht who on this board says it will !!!!!!!!
    Actually heavy drinking on cycle "could" lead to death.
    You dont need to drink to be able to mingle and have fun.
    Exclamation marks at the end of a sentence should not be overused.

  16. #16
    rager's Avatar
    rager is offline Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    crashing my boat
    Posts
    742
    Quote Originally Posted by SplinterCell
    Actually heavy drinking on cycle "could" lead to death.
    You dont need to drink to be able to mingle and have fun.
    Exclamation marks at the end of a sentence should not be overused.
    I didn't say one word about heavy drinking? and some people like to actually go out like humans to know and than !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    I love Exclamation marks

  17. #17
    rager's Avatar
    rager is offline Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    crashing my boat
    Posts
    742
    Little typo there Now and than night all ....

  18. #18
    Seattle Junk's Avatar
    Seattle Junk is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sea-town (upper left USA)
    Posts
    3,010
    Quote Originally Posted by Oceans7
    Yep, gotta agree with you 100% if you are on orals ... that's crazy! But what if you are on a moderate Enth/Eq cycle?
    I would say you could get away with one night of moderate drinking a week on injectables, not orals. If you are at a point in your life where you are drinking a lot, get off juice. When summer is over, hit it hard and don't drink. You'll get much better results. You are wasting money if you are partying and juicing.
    Last edited by Seattle Junk; 08-09-2005 at 01:52 AM.

  19. #19
    Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,886
    Quote Originally Posted by rager
    I drink sometimes on cycle, make sure you are taking your ALA, Milk thistle and keep it to a minimum... DRINK ON !!!!!!!
    Actually there is a study about Milk thistle. HRT doctors strongly suggest their patients NOT take milk thistle because it causes a very big increase in SHBG production which essentially deactivates testosterone and near testosterone hormones. Add to it alcohol which turns the remaining free testosterone into estrogen and the combination essentially ruins your cycle.

  20. #20
    ludakris9 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    353
    Quote Originally Posted by SplinterCell
    Drinking on cycle is like running a marathon, except that for every four strides you take forward you take one back, then you punch yourself in the face and do the hokey-pokey before taking another four strides.
    Great post I agree!!!

  21. #21
    smiler is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,751
    Quote Originally Posted by Ntpadude
    Actually there is a study about Milk thistle. HRT doctors strongly suggest their patients NOT take milk thistle because it causes a very big increase in SHBG production which essentially deactivates testosterone and near testosterone hormones. Add to it alcohol which turns the remaining free testosterone into estrogen and the combination essentially ruins your cycle.
    what is SHBG?

  22. #22
    rager's Avatar
    rager is offline Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    crashing my boat
    Posts
    742
    Quote Originally Posted by Ntpadude
    Actually there is a study about Milk thistle. HRT doctors strongly suggest their patients NOT take milk thistle because it causes a very big increase in SHBG production which essentially deactivates testosterone and near testosterone hormones. Add to it alcohol which turns the remaining free testosterone into estrogen and the combination essentially ruins your cycle.
    Well that is interesting, I certainly have never heard that? Thats why we are on this board ... Thanks. Now what about SHBG with ALA?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •