orosco is offline Associate Member

Postal Inspection?

I went to my PO box to get a pack that was sent on friday via domestic. It takes 2-3 days to get to me but the conf # wasnt showing delivery..It only showed that it was still at the location sent from. So I went down to check the box and there was a yellow post it note which was hanging off the back of my slot, intended for the worker who sorts the mail into the proper slots. I grabbed it and it said

Contact name
    Postal Inspection of BOX #
    ( NO PARCELS )

Contact #

DOes this mean the pack probably got seized and it being held up at inspection and my box is now red flagged..It was odd and I am worried. It was a good amount as well...

eGGz is offline Anabolic Member
    Could it mean the pack won't fit in your po box ?

thejuiceisloose is offline Senior Member
    If it's domestic I wouldnt think it would get seized. Let's see if other bros on here can verify or add to this

A friend from state wide told me to not pick anything up from that box cause it is hot now and im very very lucky I grabbed that note which gave me this heads up that they were on to me..Because they may try to deliver it hoping i'll pick it up and nail my ass..

crewe21 is offline Junior Member
    Hey be cautious they'll do whatever it takes to "nail your ass". act oblivious to anybody who tries to get anything out of you. they're sneaky bastards.

thejuiceisloose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by orosco
    A friend from state wide told me to not pick anything up from that box cause it is hot now and im very very lucky I grabbed that note which gave me this heads up that they were on to me..Because they may try to deliver it hoping i'll pick it up and nail my ass..
    state wide is what?

Deezuhl is offline Anabolic Member
    ill guarantee you it wouldnt fit.. ask your source what size box he sent it in. I'm 99% sure they wouldnt leave a note locally if they wanted to a controlled delivery they would wait for you to pull the package from the box not tip you off with a note. good luck and have your lawyers # on speed dial like i do.

listen. I have been doing orders for years now..I know the ins and outs of the PO box and mail service. THe pack never fits in the box and theres always a note to pick it up at the front..THe note im refereing to was not intended for me and it wasnt a tip off..THe note was a handwritten post it hanging off the other side of the box..The postal side. It was a note for the mail sorter not to deliver any parcels to my Box because there was a postal inspection of my box and there was a # to reach if any parcels to come to that box..SO when it gets delivered and i go to pick it up the post officew will call this # and they will be waiting for me...Thats how they work with a PO box..

Quote Originally Posted by orosco
    listen. I have been doing orders for years now..I know the ins and outs of the PO box and mail service. THe pack never fits in the box and theres always a note to pick it up at the front..THe note im refereing to was not intended for me and it wasnt a tip off..THe note was a handwritten post it hanging off the other side of the box..The postal side. It was a note for the mail sorter not to deliver any parcels to my Box because there was a postal inspection of my box and there was a # to reach if any parcels to come to that box..SO when it gets delivered and i go to pick it up the post officew will call this # and they will be waiting for me...Thats how they work with a PO box..

you obviously dont know the ins and outs cause thats why you asked the question. Good luck nevertheless. if it was arranged to be a controlled delivery they wouldnt leave contact info for the sorter.they would have contacted the hub and tell them hold it. Call the number yourself and see what they say.

The Baron is offline Fourth Koala of the Apocalypse
    Call the PO and ask them what the note means? I bet it is just a legally mandated inspection of hardware and procedures. Then again I might be wrong (oops).

--
    NO PMs for SOURCES!
    NO PMs for questions that should be asked on the board!
    NO "Thank You" PMs, please.
    PMs are for personal or sensitive questions or information, or for stuff that is not allowed to be posted on the board.
    Inappropriate PMs will not be read or acknowledged. Repeated reporters will be offended.
    -The Baron-

Now im unsure what to do...The package was delivered to the PO this morning at like 6am...THe note I referred too wasnt intended for me..It was hanging off the back of the box as a note for the sorter not to deliver any parcels to my box, then all the sudden this morning the package is there at my box...Like I said on this note it said postal inspection and (no parcel) delivery to this box..THe note also had an out of town # to contact as well...DO you guys know the answer to this..Can someone else be busted with mail in my name if they went to pick up the package or can they only go after me at time of pickup..

oliver2828 is offline Junior Member
    If you have someone else go pick up the package and they want to bust you, they will bust that person too as soon as they have possesion of it..just because your names on it doesnt mean they can only bust you..good luck

Italion Stallion07 is offline Associate Member
    bro i would go and as soon as you get it home write "return to sender on it" and leave it unopened... so if they come to your house to seize it or do somehtign tricky you can claim you had no idea what it was and were not goign to open it but rather send it back...

rager is offline Member
    Yep, write return to sender. I this is a odd sitch

I cant imagine writing return to sender would save your ass. If they want to bust you they probably would anyways..No?

skiing is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Italion Stallion07
    bro i would go and as soon as you get it home write "return to sender on it" and leave it unopened... so if they come to your house to seize it or do somehtign tricky you can claim you had no idea what it was and were not goign to open it but rather send it back...

Yet it would show intentions. It may be used at a later time such as court. If they want you you are guilty til you prove your innocense. good luck.

You said there was a number on it i would call from a safe number and play the role of a postman. No names make sure the line is safe such as a pay phone or prepaid number. Give them a call and feel the situation out. good luck

smiler is offline Senior Member
    if it's in your box and you haven't signed for it grab it n go. anyone there big enouph to stop you? lol (exept a piece of course)

Its to big to fit in the box. I have to ask the clerk at the front to get it for me in the back..If i were to get busted how would thbey do it..WOuld they wait all day/ everyday till I show up or will the post office call a # once i came and left.

if you pick it up and dont open and write return to sender youll get of 95% chance. you picked it up but didnt know who it was who sent it or what it is so instead decided to contact them by a letter and ask where they wanted it sent back to like your supposed to when you get mail that isnt yours ethically speaking. you didnt want to pay postage back if it wasnt yours so you were contacting them to find out how they want to handle it. nice loophole.. an attorney will try that for sure.. or just bail out on the package and forget it if your paranoid.

Thread Information