Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tongkat Ali

inheritmylife is offline Anabolic Member
    They work by different mechanisms. Tribulus increases LH production, which in turn stimulates testosterone production. Tongkat ali attaches to SHBG, allowing more free testosterone to bind with androgen receptors.

There are tongkat ali products out there that claim to be 1:50 or less, or more. The ratio doesn't mean a whole lot with the products on the market right now. What part of the plant that is used, and whether or not they filtered out all the vegetable cellulose is what is important.

Do this, taste the tongkat ali that you have. Just put a dab on your finger and touch it to your tongue. The stuff should taste awefull. I mean, like the most bitter thing you have ever tasted. If you swallow 1 gram of it uncapped, it should make you want to puke.

There are a few websites selling it in bulk. Let me tell you, the stuff they are selling is crap. It is off-white in color, and tastes like gram crackers. It should be dark brown and make you want to spew.

ward065 is offline Member
    which companies /brands make the best capsules (for the best price)? there were a few links posted, wondering if those products are good buys

Daver0280 is offline New Member

Peopele need to learn that the ratios on tongkat ali mean little, read these facts

Tribulus is dark brown and very bitter, tongkat ali is dark brown and very bitter. Due to this fact, most people selling tongkat ali are actually selling Trib, some of them probably know they are conning people, some likely do not and are being conned by their suppliers. The fact of the matter is, people only ever look at the color and have a taste, so a novice will have no idea whatsoever what they are taking if sold Trib not Tongkat, so it is incredibly easy to make a small fortune selling miss-labeled trib as the 2 are almost identical in many features and both can raise libido and maybe temper.

There is however a very easy way to tell them apart. Put it on your tongue and keep it there, right on the tip.

Trib is bitter, but is a harsh and sharp kind of bitter, and will feel like it is stinging or burning your tongue.

Tongkat is very bitter also, but it is JUST bitter, no stinging, no harshness, an incredibly bitter but also incredibly smooth bitterness.

I would estimate that 90% of Chinese suppliers and most of the sellers in the UK are selling Trib, and i say this because i have tested samples from most of them. What they sent me looked and tasted exactly in every way like some very cheap trib i bought, and tasted nothing like actual tongkat ali. I would love to mention names but will not.

The only genuine manufacturer that i know of in the world is Sumatra Pasak Bumi, as they are the only ones with a license to sell and manufacture Tongkat ali. Other tend to get a load of easy licenses like a business license etc etc, but they never ever seem to get the one that counts. Look on their site and you will find a list of verified re-sellers, i would suggest only buying from them to be sure what you get is real and not trib.

Also, extract ratios are not linear, generally the higher the number the stronger it is, but it is not linear, e.g 1:100 is not 2 x stronger than 1:50, it will be more powerful but will not be twice as powerful.

Also be aware that one company, Indonesia herbals, although they sell what certainly does appear to taste genuine, are not a licensed supplier or manufacturer, they were reported in 2 of Indonesia's newspapers as being fraudsters and were raided. This means that IF the produce is Tongkat it is being made illegally in some wooden hut somewhere probably with low hygiene standards using dirty water and not being tested. The owner told the papers he never ever sold tongkat to anyone and the entire site was there for testing purposes only, which was a lie as i and hundreds of others had purchased from him. The only licenses he has are the ones that are easy to get, he does NOT have a license to produce medicinal herbs in Indonesia and this is required for tongkat ali and takes 3 years to obtain and countless inspections.See below and you will find photos of the newspaper clippings. Get someone to translate them or use google translate, it is a bit of a task typing it in, but worth it!!!

Andalas-daily-paper-2011-01-19.jpg
    Medan-Bisnis-daily-paper-2011-01-19.jpg
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	newsclip.jpg 
Views:	294 
Size:	384.3 KB 
ID:	132996
    Last edited by Daver0280; 02-03-2013 at 08:35 PM.

eGGz is offline Anabolic Member
    This is a five year old thread

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    I know of a company who sells a very potent raw powder belnd of Tribulus/Tangkat and Avena sativa. You have to cap it yourself though.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information