Thread: Quite Frankly?

Baba is offline Associate Member

Quite Frankly?

Did anyone watch steven A smith's sport show (quite frankly) a couple of days ago? It was about the pros and cons of steroids . It very interesting, I was wondering if anyone else caught it?

Pimp_C is offline Associate Member
    No, but I saw an HBO real sports edition on steroids . Great watch very interesting.

dirtyvegas is offline Senior Member
    i saw the HBO report is alright..post a link if you can find one.

What was the final conclusion.?

Texsun is offline Junior Member
    I saw the episode. It was very interesting, and it's good to see BOTH sides of the issue instead of the typical media hysteria against steroid use . The guests were Dr. Norman Fost (sp), who takes the position that responsible steroid use by healthy adult males should be legal. Then a sports medicine doctor sat next to him that claimed some new study out of Finland showed that those that used steroids (in the Finnish population) were at greater risk for a number of health problems (I don't remember exactly what they were). Then a former lineman for the Steelers was on the show. He said that he used steroids during his NFL career (during the 70's i believe) and that he needed a heart transplant. He claims that his condition wasn't directly linked to steroid use, but that it was a contributing factor. Also a woman in california who claimed that steroid use caused her 24 yr old son to commit suicide was on the show. She claims to have done extensive research and her conclusion was that steroid use causes suicide (I guess???). And finally Rick Collins appeared on the panel. So overall it was a fairly balanced presentation.

jnx3k is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Texsun
    I saw the episode. It was very interesting, and it's good to see BOTH sides of the issue instead of the typical media hysteria against steroid use. The guests were Dr. Norman Fost (sp), who takes the position that responsible steroid use by healthy adult males should be legal. Then a sports medicine doctor sat next to him that claimed some new study out of Finland showed that those that used steroids (in the Finnish population) were at greater risk for a number of health problems (I don't remember exactly what they were). Then a former lineman for the Steelers was on the show. He said that he used steroids during his NFL career (during the 70's i believe) and that he needed a heart transplant. He claims that his condition wasn't directly linked to steroid use, but that it was a contributing factor. Also a woman in california who claimed that steroid use caused her 24 yr old son to commit suicide was on the show. She claims to have done extensive research and her conclusion was that steroid use causes suicide (I guess???). And finally Rick Collins appeared on the panel. So overall it was a fairly balanced presentation.

i saw the show as well. i could not really hear everything cause i was at a restaraunt and they wouldnt turn up the tv for me. i had to read the captions(let me tell you hooked on phonics does not work for me). But it seemed ok. Both sides were represented, but it seems like the "pro" side were always cut off. But hey atleast we got some good out there. The chick that researched, seemed as if she didnt do enough research. And the doctor that said about the study in finland, i think mentioned that only bodybuilders were at a little more at risk health wise.

Thread Information