Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Results 1 to 20 of 20
  1. #1
    boywonder10101 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    454

    Steroids and Cancer?

    Is it true that steroids can give you cancer? I believe that I read this somewhere on here or somewhere else.

  2. #2
    Ejuicer's Avatar
    Ejuicer is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Posts
    2,758
    They wont cause cancer but they can speed the growth of existing dormant cancer cells.

  3. #3
    boywonder10101 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    454
    got ya.

  4. #4
    Schwarz's Avatar
    Schwarz is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    London
    Posts
    773
    Quote Originally Posted by Ejuicer
    They wont cause cancer but they can speed the growth of existing dormant cancer cells.
    Interesting. Is there a scientific study that's proved this?

  5. #5
    hosam4ever's Avatar
    hosam4ever is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    cairo/egypt
    Posts
    2,724
    i thought that hgh can speed the growth of existing cancer cells

  6. #6
    Schwarz's Avatar
    Schwarz is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    London
    Posts
    773
    Quote Originally Posted by hosam4ever
    i thought that hgh can speed the growth of existing cancer cells

    That's what I thought too.

  7. #7
    fhorst's Avatar
    fhorst is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    No longer active
    Posts
    432
    both can. But it also depends on the type of cancer, and stage. oxandrolone is also used to recover from chemo.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    The South Side
    Posts
    779
    ONLY HGH spreads cancer. Most AAS have nothing to do with it, except for high doses of the stronger 17aa's like halo and anadrol and cheque drops , which can in cases of abuse cause liver cancer

  9. #9
    shortie's Avatar
    shortie is offline AR Biggerologist
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Back in da box!
    Posts
    3,413
    Quote Originally Posted by Ejuicer
    They wont cause cancer but they can speed the growth of existing dormant cancer cells.

    Absolutely true gentlemen. Do any research you want in to the matter and no matter where the scientist falls on TRT they all agree that taking supraphysiologiacal levels of Test will cause the rapid growth of any cancerous prostate tumor. As to other cancers I have never heard of any link, that is why even though I am young (31) I stll get my psa's checked before a cycle.

  10. #10
    shortie's Avatar
    shortie is offline AR Biggerologist
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Back in da box!
    Posts
    3,413
    Again I say before someone tries to unintelligently flame me, this is documented in only prostate tumors so far.

  11. #11
    stupidhippo is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    somewhere
    Posts
    2,738
    Yeah in prostate cancers the medicine used is some sort of drug that stops androgen (for example test) production... sou can assume that test has a direct action on prostate cancers.. Then I've read about oral steroids causing liver cancers (or some sorta tumors, cant remember) but they seemed to (according to that stud/read) reverse this process after the continuation of use.. To me the biggest medical issue with steroid is the cardiovascular system..

  12. #12
    needle's Avatar
    needle is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    CeN CAL
    Posts
    1,222
    EVERYTHING can give u cancer!

  13. #13
    Maetenloch's Avatar
    Maetenloch is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    349
    Apart from HGH, certain AAS are known for raising IGF levels. This will certainly help the growth of any existing cancerous cells in the body. Also cases of liver cancer have been associated with oral AAS, but usually among people who have taken high doses for extended periods of time (1 year+).

  14. #14
    judge_dread's Avatar
    judge_dread is offline Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    muscleland
    Posts
    928
    Interesting thoughts.....Let's bump it up

  15. #15
    mark956101957's Avatar
    mark956101957 is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    2,152
    Quote Originally Posted by stupidhippo
    Yeah in prostate cancers the medicine used is some sort of drug that stops androgen (for example test) production... sou can assume that test has a direct action on prostate cancers.. Then I've read about oral steroids causing liver cancers (or some sorta tumors, cant remember) but they seemed to (according to that stud/read) reverse this process after the continuation of use.. To me the biggest medical issue with steroid is the cardiovascular system..
    Just curious as to why the biggest issue for you with steriods is the cardiovascular system since I some times have difficulties breathing regularly?

  16. #16
    Braveheart2233 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    11
    ahh very good my young priests, igf-1 is the key component of hgh that builds muscle as well as aids the growth of malignent tumors. There are no studies that have proven infact that testosterone gives you cancer, in all likelyhood thats bookaki. Tumors cancerous or malignent are like spunges and will suck up all the shit floating around in your body, igf is like steroids for a tumor in the sense of growth. so **** cancer get big smoke weed drink beers and shoot juice this shits way to much fun to be worrying all the time about cancer. Im a United States Marine and avid bodybuilder, as well as scientis. After having few bullets wizz over my head and a few grenades come a little to close i say **** it life life while your alive cause your gonna be dead a long time boys. GET PUMPED

  17. #17
    stupidhippo is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    somewhere
    Posts
    2,738
    Quote Originally Posted by mark956101957
    Just curious as to why the biggest issue for you with steriods is the cardiovascular system since I some times have difficulties breathing regularly?
    long-term steroid use can mess up your lipidprofile and increase your risk to get atherosclerosis which is a major risk factor for cardiovascular events. Then I think there is a link between getting bloodclots and steroid use (I've seen this in practice - I study medicine). Then sterois use can also induce the hypertrophy of the heart in a diffrent way than sports (which is possibly very dangerous). But to me the most important thing is that you get regular bloodwork done if u r into steroids ..

  18. #18
    Seattle Junk's Avatar
    Seattle Junk is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sea-town (upper left USA)
    Posts
    3,010
    Fried foods are linked to cancer. Especially french fries. Aluminum cans have been suspected in causing cancer. God knows how many of those we drink out of... The sun causes cancer, melonoma. Why do people not protect their skin when going out in the sun? Simple sun block....
    Last edited by Seattle Junk; 09-21-2005 at 01:02 AM.

  19. #19
    Seattle Junk's Avatar
    Seattle Junk is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sea-town (upper left USA)
    Posts
    3,010
    Quote Originally Posted by Braveheart2233
    ahh very good my young priests, igf-1 is the key component of hgh that builds muscle as well as aids the growth of malignent tumors. There are no studies that have proven infact that testosterone gives you cancer, in all likelyhood thats bookaki. Tumors cancerous or malignent are like spunges and will suck up all the shit floating around in your body, igf is like steroids for a tumor in the sense of growth. so **** cancer get big smoke weed drink beers and shoot juice this shits way to much fun to be worrying all the time about cancer. Im a United States Marine and avid bodybuilder, as well as scientis. After having few bullets wizz over my head and a few grenades come a little to close i say **** it life life while your alive cause your gonna be dead a long time boys. GET PUMPED
    I respect you guys in the military but doesn't it make you think real hard about your life after seeing bullets wiz by or seeing people die? Nobody wants to die early and most people don't. Putting yourself in harms way to protect our nation is very noble and necessary. But as you get older you realise there is a big portion of your life still in front of you. It's so sad to see young people die in war. This Iraq deal is confusing because what are we fighting for? Oil? I thought the US was suppose to track down Bin Laden?

  20. #20
    bor's Avatar
    bor
    bor is offline D-bol Poppin'
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Posts
    4,203
    Quote Originally Posted by mark956101957
    Just curious as to why the biggest issue for you with steriods is the cardiovascular system since I some times have difficulties breathing regularly?
    Its more the fact of gaining a lot of weight quickly and your body adjusting than the steroids themselves IMO

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •