six10ken is offline New Member

Ending Creatine Use. Why,when?

I'VE READ SOMEWHERE ABOUT CREATINE USE AND THAT YOU SHOULD SUSPEND USING IT FOR SOME PERIOD TO RELEASE THE WATER IN YOUR CELLS....WHEN SHOULD YOU SUSPEND USAGE? ...FOR HOW LONG SHOULD YOU SUSPEND?...AND ANY OTHER CONCERS USING CREATINE OVER A LONG PERIOD "SAY 3 MONTHS" IN A DELIVERY DEVICE PRODUCT LIKE CRE X.?
    ALSO IF RELEASING THE WATER IS A CONCERN....I HAVE A THEORY ON DRINKING COFFEE IN THE MORNING ACTS AS A DIRUETIC....HELPING RELEASE SOME WATER ...THEN REPLACING IT WITH FRESH WATER AND NUTRIENTS THROUGH THE DAY.....
    AS I WORK AND WORK OUT LATE...12PM...THIS SEEMS TO WORK FOR ME ...CURIOUS WHAT YOUR VIEWS MIGHT BE....I HAVE HEARD THAT CAFFINE AND CREATINE DON'T MIX......BUT GIVEN THERE IS A 10 HOUR PERIOD IN BETWEEN THE 2 IS IT STILL A CONCERN?
    THANX FOR YOUR TIME.

Lush is offline Associate Member
    please... there's no need to shout.

NightOp is offline Member
    I don't think the problem is the water retention, rather the long term administration of foreign creatine (you body normally makes some as well as utilizes some from red meats). I don't know the long term dangers specifically, as creatine is a hot topic in the medical/sports nutrition department, there are both sides on this issue. A recent UCLA report said that creatine is best cycled at 2 weeks on and 2 or 3 weeks off, this was supposedly both for minimal impact to your system and best safety while at the same time getting the most gains out of creatine (as you notice that after 2 weeks the gains begin to decelerate). Sorry I can't post a link, I can dig around if you want and find it.

six10ken is offline New Member
    I don't have the bottle of cre x in front of my but i swear it said use 6 weeks or more....???
    And would you recomend creatine before/during/after a cycle? Say of deca /d-bol?
    As the deca also retains water,is an increase of high blood pressure due to excess fluids an issue?...plus the d-bol contributes to the bloodpressure...

packwolf is offline New Member
    I would like to know too. Good question..

BUMP

mackrazy is offline Junior Member
    hmm.. can anyone answer?

THE DON is offline Associate Member
    i like 2 stay on creatine all year round even when im cycling aslong as i have the cash

NightOp is offline Member
    I'll dig up that UCLA report if I can.. try back in this thread later today.

superbeast is offline Member
    Originally posted by THE DON
    i like 2 stay on creatine all year round even when im cycling aslong as i have the cash
    Yeah, there is really no reason to go off it. All you are doing is losing what you gained and then replacing it again when you go back on it. Creatine lends a phosphate group to ADP to make ATP foir energy. It also helps in the synthesis of amino acids used for building muscle. Stay on it, cycling or not.

Thread Information