Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    1bmf is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1buffsob
    You need to kick it up more in the gym. Bf is around 20% judging from what I can see but not bad. I think building some lean muscle for the next couple of months should be your primary focus. You will burn fat at the same time if you do it right but there is no point in shredding up if you don't have a frame to show off. What does your diet and training schedule look like. For your stats and goals I would recommend eating about 3500 calories, 300g protein, and 150g carbs. Carbs should come in morning with the remainder PWO. Need to be working out about 5 times a week and running 4-5 times a week. And you need to be running in the morning on an empty stomach.

I am not going to lie to you, gear would speed this process up. But I see no reason why within the next 3-4 months you wouldn't be able to lose 10-15lbs of fat and gain 10lbs of muscle just natty. If I were you I would try and stay in the 185-195 range while building some more muscle. You need to be around 185lbs and 10% bf before you start juicing.
    To be honest I have a lot to learn about dieting. I have been spending a shitload of time in here researching and am planning on changing my diet soon. Right now my diet consists of:

Meal 1: Labrada Lean Body Gold protein bar
    Meal 2: Grilled Chicken Sandwich plain
    Meal 3: protein bar
    Meal 4: Grilled Chicken sandwich plain
    Meal 5: grilled chicken sandwich plain

and on friday and saturdays since I have more time because I stay up later, I can fit another meal or 2 of the grilled chicken in. I try to get a meal in every 2 and half hours. I am have been researching on here to come up with my new diet but it has been kind of hard getting a diet together because I am very picky and have a gagging problem when I try to eat shit I don't like. I do cardio for about 30 minutes 3-4 times a week usually in the morning on an empty stomach. I work out at night after work, usually monday, wed and saturday afternoon and have to admit that I have only been doing upper body. I am starting to work on the whole body now which is why I am going to add another day. I was doing about an hour of upper body on those days before, but now upped saturday to 2 hours. Don't you think if I went with that high of a calorie intake a day I would gain fat as opposed to lose it? I am under 2000 calories a day right now because I really want to get that bf down. What do you think.

1buffsob is offline Mr.Modesty
    Quote Originally Posted by 1bmf
    To be honest I have a lot to learn about dieting. I have been spending a shitload of time in here researching and am planning on changing my diet soon. Right now my diet consists of:

Meal 1: Labrada Lean Body Gold protein bar
    Meal 2: Grilled Chicken Sandwich plain
    Meal 3: protein bar
    Meal 4: Grilled Chicken sandwich plain
    Meal 5: grilled chicken sandwich plain

and on friday and saturdays since I have more time because I stay up later, I can fit another meal or 2 of the grilled chicken in. I try to get a meal in every 2 and half hours. I am have been researching on here to come up with my new diet but it has been kind of hard getting a diet together because I am very picky and have a gagging problem when I try to eat shit I don't like. I do cardio for about 30 minutes 3-4 times a week usually in the morning on an empty stomach. I work out at night after work, usually monday, wed and saturday afternoon and have to admit that I have only been doing upper body. I am starting to work on the whole body now which is why I am going to add another day. I was doing about an hour of upper body on those days before, but now upped saturday to 2 hours. Don't you think if I went with that high of a calorie intake a day I would gain fat as opposed to lose it? I am under 2000 calories a day right now because I really want to get that bf down. What do you think.
    Yeah my friend, anabolics are far off. Your diet isn't going to build much muscle for you and fat loss will be slow. Take a look at the "cutting sticky" in the diet forum UNoffical "How to Cut" thread and sample diet...
    With a diet like that you will be able to burn more fat and build much more muscle. I don't see a pwo meal in your diet and that is incredibly important. Also, your eating carbs too late in the day. In the morning and right after working out. And that is it. Also I would recommend staying away from protein bars. Way too much sugar, fat, carbs, etc. in those things. Try a nice prtoein shake. Champion nutrition pure whey chocolate is my favorite. Also you don't have any healthy fats in your diet. You need to read that post 10 times from beginning to end. Don't be worrying about calories as long as they're healthy. You'll lose fat and build muscle if your training right.

So you just starting doing legs huh? Your training program probably could use some tuning up as well. This is a basic training schedule I recommend for most.
    day 1 chest
    day 2 back
    day 3 shoulders
    day 4 legs
    day 5 arms

Whatever you do you need to split muscle groups. For example, don't do biceps the day after back because they will already be fatigued from the day before. Keep reps 8-10 with 4 sets for each exercise. 4-5 exercises for each muscle group. Doesn't matter how long your in the gym. Just put as much intensity as you can into every set and don't rest too much between sets.

Good luck

KD

1bmf is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1buffsob
    Yeah my friend, anabolics are far off. Your diet isn't going to build much muscle for you and fat loss will be slow. Take a look at the "cutting sticky" in the diet forum UNoffical "How to Cut" thread and sample diet...
    With a diet like that you will be able to burn more fat and build much more muscle. I don't see a pwo meal in your diet and that is incredibly important. Also, your eating carbs too late in the day. In the morning and right after working out. And that is it. Also I would recommend staying away from protein bars. Way too much sugar, fat, carbs, etc. in those things. Try a nice prtoein shake. Champion nutrition pure whey chocolate is my favorite. Also you don't have any healthy fats in your diet. You need to read that post 10 times from beginning to end. Don't be worrying about calories as long as they're healthy. You'll lose fat and build muscle if your training right.

So you just starting doing legs huh? Your training program probably could use some tuning up as well. This is a basic training schedule I recommend for most.
    day 1 chest
    day 2 back
    day 3 shoulders
    day 4 legs
    day 5 arms

Whatever you do you need to split muscle groups. For example, don't do biceps the day after back because they will already be fatigued from the day before. Keep reps 8-10 with 4 sets for each exercise. 4-5 exercises for each muscle group. Doesn't matter how long your in the gym. Just put as much intensity as you can into every set and don't rest too much between sets.

Good luck

KD
    Yeah I have read the cutting diet a few times already and am using that as a main guideline to the next diet I start. Yeah I forgot to post my PWO stuff, that is what I have every day whether I work out or not and then after I work out I have a creatine shake (has 10g of creatine and 75g of sugar carbs for the insulin spike) and a protein shake with 30g of whey protein & water. I just picked up the Dorian Yates Pro-Recover because I was told this is the best stuff you can use after your workout. It has 23.58g of protein, 48.45g of sugars and high concentrations of BCAAs. I am now using that only instead of the creatine and protein as I am on a 1 month off cycle now of the creatine. About an hour or so after I work out, I eat a grilled chicken sandwich to give me more protein and carbs. I am adding flax seed oil to my diet to get the good fats in. Thanks for the advice, I will definitely put it to good use. Got to be honest with ya, I am really thinking about adding gear in once I get my new diet in place so I can see the results sooner. Like you said, I will see the results sooner by adding them in and once I have my diet set, I think I will be able to offset losing the results I gain. I have been thinking about going on a Test E only cycle to help me get to a point to where I can start thinking about a stack cycle down the road. Other than possibly losing gains after my cycle, any other downsides you see to that idea now that you know all my stats. Again, thanks for all your help and if anyone else has any opinions as well, let me know.

1buffsob is offline Mr.Modesty
    Go with your tuned up diet and training program for at least a solid 2 months to see if the results are coming in. If they are, and since I think not much will deter you, start your cycle. 500mg Test E split 250mg mon, 250mg thurs or the likes. Make sure you have anti-e, nolva, clomid, etc. Just make sure you have everything before you start and that your diet and training are in good order.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information