SexyKitty is offline Female Vet

Aldactone Question

My photo shoot is coming up in less than 2 weeks and I'm probably going to take aldactone to get rid of excess water (I'm holding a ton right now). Been trying to research but there doesnt seem to be a whole lot of info out there, especially for women.

Is this the proper way to take it? 25mg 2x/day 12 hours apart, starting 7 days out so I'll start on Friday for the photoshoot which is on the following Friday. I'm also going to water load for Friday, Saturday, Sunday and then start to water deplete, cutting out all water starting Thursday morning.

I'm going to also cut all carbs except vegetables starting on Friday (They dont want me to have full muscles - they want me to look "mainstream")

Are there any supplements I need to be taking while taking aldactone? And anyone ever combine it with an OTC diuretic like Taraxatone?

Any help would be appreciated.

goose is offline Banned
    The male dose is 75-150 mg of aldactone per day for the 5-10 days leading up to a competition. ...

Yes the female dose is 25-50mg per day for the 5-10 days leading up to a competition.

What I know,the tablets come in 50mg,so don`t forget to check that kitty.Athletes must strictly observe that during the use of Aldactone no additional potassium is taken since this would cause a life-threatening increase in the serum potassium level. Potassium--sparing diuretics have relatively low diuretic effects so that Aldactone can be called a mild diuretic. It is interesting to note that Aldactone is also an antiandrogen since it reduces the androgen level. Good luck.....

goose4..........

goose is offline Banned
    Forgot to answer the second part of your question,it is quite common to mix diuretics together. Taraxatone would be a safe option,with good results.I hear the best one is MHP Xpel,make sure you drink lots of green tea,try and get a Japanese brand,Green tea has been shown to dramatically increase antioxidant levels that will only help you out.

goose4.........

Dally is offline The Dally Lama
    Quote Originally Posted by goose4
    life-threatening
    thanks goose....

anyone else with any info regarding usage considering this quoted?

and thanks for NOT driving me this am ...I still "hate" you tho!!!

Thread Information