Thread: Liver toxivity

demonds is offline Junior Member

Liver toxivity

I'm wondering how toxic some AAS actually are. I'm gonna be doing a cycle pretty soon that will include winstrol 1 tab 50mg a day and proviron 4 tabs a day for a 100mg a day both for 7 weeks, I will also be adding test c 400mg a week for 12 weeks. So my question really is, when they say that an oral is liver toxic, toxic compare to what? I mean, drinking can kill your liver but it doesn't do it overnight, so when they say don't take it over 7 weeks or 8, does it means it will **** it up if I do or is it more in the long run kind of thing?

j martini is offline Member
    I think liver problems are exagerated, its not like your liver will melt if you run an oral at sensible doses for more than 4 weeks.

I see no problem running winny and proviron for 7 weeks, proviron is not very toxic on the liver anyway. As a precaution use milk thistle and avoid alcohol while on.

Personally i woud just use proviron at 50mg a day i feel its enough, i only run 100mg a few weeks pre contest.

What might be better is something like this
    Weeks 1-12 500mg Test e
    Weeks 1-6 50mg winny ED
    Weeks 6-12 50mg proviron ED

Adding in the proviron the last 6 weeks will help reduce SHBG levels and keep you growing.
    Last edited by j martini; 12-25-2005 at 08:22 AM.

Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~
    The liver is quite tough, although mg for mg winstrol is one of the most hepatoxic around. I wouldnt run it for 7 weeks.

vitor is offline Anabolic Member
    Ive run winstrol for 12 weeks, didnt have any problems. 8 weeks should probaly be maximum for the conservativ user dow!

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Your 17AA (non esterfied, mostly orals) are really the only thing directly related to liver toxicity. But heavy lifting in general can put stress on your liver...

BajanBastard is offline VET Retired
    Liver toxicity should be your corcern with oral winstrol . Your HDL/LDL ratio should be.

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by big k.l.g
    Liver toxicity should be your corcern with oral winstrol. Your HDL/LDL ratio should be.
    Severe cholesterol alterations for the worse and joint problems arise in most users. This is why I said dont take for too long a time.

Kevan is offline Associate Member
    Winstrol is toxic, but has a benifit that maybe a lot of you are not aware of. it actually lowers you SHBG, this is important as it gives you more free test! I can find a good like if any of you really want to read on it. But 50mg for up to 8 weeks isn't that bad. Liver recovers very well, but do take something for your liver to help it along.

BajanBastard is offline VET Retired
    Most 17AA steroids bind to SHBG.

Pinnacle is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~ Cocky motherF*cker!
    Here's 1 article in regards to winstrol and SHBG levels.I don't think I need to highlight anything in this study.

: J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1989 Jun;68(6):1195-200. Related Articles, Links

Sex hormone-binding globulin response to the anabolic steroid stanozolol : evidence for its suitability as a biological androgen sensitivity test.

Sinnecker G, Kohler S.

Department of Pediatrics, University of Hamburg, West Germany.

Both the androgen-induced decline in serum sex hormone-binding globulin (SHBG) levels during puberty and the anabolic effect of exogenous testosterone are absent in patients with androgen insensitivity (testicular feminization). To determine whether the androgen-induced decline in serum SHBG could be used as a test of androgen sensitivity, we studied the effect of the anabolic-androgenic steroid stanozolol (17 beta-hydroxy-17 alpha-methyl-5 alpha-androstano-[3,2-c]pyrazol) on serum SHBG in 25 control subjects, 3 patients with complete androgen insensitivity, and 4 patients with partial androgen insensitivity. Stanozolol was administered orally for 3 days (0.2 mg/kg.day); blood samples were taken before and 5, 6, 7, and 8 days after the beginning of the test for measurements of serum SHBG. The lowest value (i.e. the peak response) in each subject was used as the measure of the response to stanozolol. In the control subjects the mean nadir serum SHBG level was 51.6 +/- 5.9% (+/- SD) of the initial value (P less than 0.001). In the 4 patients with partial androgen insensitivity the nadir serum SHBG ranged from 73-89%, and in the 3 patients with complete androgen insensitivity it ranged from 93-97% of the initial value. Thus, the decrease in serum SHBG after short term administration of stanozolol reflects androgen responsiveness and, thus, may be used to differentiate patients with androgen insensitivity syndromes from those with other causes of male pseudohermaphroditism.

PMID: 2723028 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinnacle
    Here's 1 article in regards to winstrol and SHBG levels.I don't think I need to highlight anything in this study.
    Good read! Love hearing the studies...

demonds is offline Junior Member
    thanks for all your input

Thread Information