Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: we are lazy

6x week with weights for me. 3 times a week cardio/explosive power work.
    There's nothing I like better than to overtrain.
    I believe to many undertrain and make up for it with taking more juice.

But then again, I'm an athlete not a bodybuilder.
    Performance comes first size doesn't , so I can see bbers doing things different in order to maximize size gains.

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellmask
    6x week with weights for me. 3 times a week cardio/explosive power work.
    There's nothing I like better than to overtrain.
    I believe to many undertrain and make up for it with taking more juice.

But then again, I'm an athlete not a bodybuilder.
    Performance comes first size doesn't , so I can see bbers doing things different in order to maximize size gains.
    yeah .. look at World STrongest men they train like 10 times a week 5x a wweek morning and noon
    but they do sports specific shit.. not like HYPERTROPHY.. they are training for SKILL and Performance.. not actually SIZE and VOLUME

HUGE difference
    my buddy lifted 3x a week and trained for wrestling 6x a week and he was pressin over 600 raw but he had RETARD STRENGTH as someone so elegantly put..

smiler is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mighty1
    im a pro and this is what i do.

a) 4 days offseason (if on the road then 3 days) /week, every session only train one single body part.

b) session always no more than 60-75 min and always between 13 and 17 sets per body part depending on when i feel the pump is unbearable.

c) training routine is changed every few months. always train with heavy weight to a failure while keeping strict form.

d) pre contest: routine is changed to 5 days a week with weights/cardio and and 6th day only cardio while 7th day is rest.

*the mentioned above is only done when im on cause i'm on most of the year.

*the drugs taken are in the grams not mgs. (this is because i need to maintain a higher lean muscle mass than a 200 pound pro. 190-200 pound pro will use less gear at the 750-1500mg test for example)

**gh used all year long

dorian's routine works and arnold's routine works....try it all it all works if you want it to work!!

good luck
    what drugs? don't see any mentioned

Quote Originally Posted by smiler
    well seeing how he is a pro.. im going to say.. CellTech and NitroTech..
    those seem to be the COMMON among them pro's out there

Quote Originally Posted by taiboxa
    yeah .. look at World STrongest men they train like 10 times a week 5x a wweek morning and noon
    but they do sports specific shit.. not like HYPERTROPHY.. they are training for SKILL and Performance.. not actually SIZE and VOLUME

HUGE difference
    my buddy lifted 3x a week and trained for wrestling 6x a week and he was pressin over 600 raw but he had RETARD STRENGTH as someone so elegantly put..

That boys strength is retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by taiboxa
    well seeing how he is a pro.. im going to say.. CellTech and NitroTech..
    those seem to be the COMMON among them pro's out there
    lol..that must be my problem...I'm outta celtech

mighty1 is offline Marcus owns you!!
    no magic here.

test (long easters and or prop)
    primo
    eq/deca
    dbol /adrol at times when i want more strength and dont care looking fat.

coming contest time i add take out long esters and add in
    oxandrolone
    halo
    winstrol
    masteron
    clen +some t3
    and few other goodies

gh used all year long till couple of weeks prior to competition.

few days prior to competition add in duretics and few other secrets.

thats bout it.

no magic here.

test (long easters and or prop)
    primo
    eq/deca
    dbol /adrol at times when i want more strength and dont care looking fat.

coming contest time i add take out long esters and add in
    oxandrolone
    halo
    winstrol
    masteron
    clen +some t3
    and few other goodies

gh used all year long till couple of weeks prior to competition.

few days prior to competition add in duretics and few other secrets.

thats bout it.
    doses? you said the doses are in grams not mgs...?

mighty1 is offline Marcus owns you!!
    doses? you said the doses are in grams not mgs...?
    yes IN MY CASE doses are in grams since i need to maintain higher lean muscle mass doses are not so high for a 190 pound pro

i can't write hre the exact doses i take for each drug but for a 250 pro bodybuilder at 5'10 the doses would be

test = 2-2.5 grams (about 1 amp testoviron daily or 300mg prop daily-not in one injection!!)

eq = 1.5-2 grams (1500mg-2000mg)

dbol = 100mg a day (only if you got enough muscle mass for that!! any 190 pounder can do very well with 50mg a day)

etc etc etc

yes IN MY CASE doses are in grams since i need to maintain higher lean muscle mass doses are not so high for a 190 pound pro

i can't write hre the exact doses i take for each drug but for a 250 pro bodybuilder at 5'10 the doses would be

test = 2-2.5 grams (about 1 amp testoviron daily or 300mg prop daily-not in one injection!!)

dbol = 100mg a day (only if you got enough muscle mass for that!! any 190 pounder can do very well with 50mg a day)

etc etc etc
    umm...wow

TinTin78 is offline Member
    Well, 5 days a week for me, maximum 1h 15m after that it's imagination that you get more results. If you train hard and right for 1 hour then your muscles is dead and the food you ate is long gone. I call 2 hours at the gym stubbornes and just idiotic. I have trained that way and I did not gain a bit more, rather the opposite, I lost muscles, mostly my cheast and shoulders. No 1 hour optional for me, one musclegroup per day, except for some abs and calfs I throw in here and there.

Maetenloch is offline Associate Member
    The symptoms of overtraining include:

(i) A higher-than-normal resting pulse
    (ii) Illnesses become more frequent and last longer than usual
    (iii) Muscle spasms while resting e.g. eyelid twitch etc.
    (iv) Shaky hands
    (v) Loss of Sleep
    (vi) Loss of appetite
    (vii) Unexpected and unexplained fatigue
    (viii) Unintended weight loss
    and MOST IMPORTANT OF ALL
    (ix) very slow or non-existent gains in exercise poundages in the gym. That is less than 2 lbs. a week on each exercise. In extreme cases overtraining can lead to DROPPING poundages.

[Taken from the Hardgainer FAQ (http://www.hardgainers-home-gym.com/hg_faq.html) - a great source of information as well for those who aren't hardgainers]

If you're getting any of these, then you're very likely are over training. Note that it may make sense to temporarily overtrain as long as it's done in terms of overall intensity cycling.

Quote Originally Posted by TinTin78
    Well, 5 days a week for me, maximum 1h 15m after that it's imagination that you get more results. If you train hard and right for 1 hour then your muscles is dead and the food you ate is long gone. I call 2 hours at the gym stubbornes and just idiotic. I have trained that way and I did not gain a bit more, rather the opposite, I lost muscles, mostly my cheast and shoulders. No 1 hour optional for me, one musclegroup per day, except for some abs and calfs I throw in here and there.
    idiodic??? says you

I might add that this is for normal none cycling people, it may change when on cycle but then you have to take that into account to. A normal body is not built to spend 2-3 hours in the gym on the same meal. Studies have shown that a breakdown of the muscle start after 45min - 1hour, that's why it is best to keep it intense and hard. Don't sneak around the gym all day, you will probably not get bigger than any of the other guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Maetenloch
    The symptoms of overtraining include:

(i) A higher-than-normal resting pulse
    (ii) Illnesses become more frequent and last longer than usual
    (iii) Muscle spasms while resting e.g. eyelid twitch etc.
    (iv) Shaky hands
    (v) Loss of Sleep
    (vi) Loss of appetite
    (vii) Unexpected and unexplained fatigue
    (viii) Unintended weight loss
    and MOST IMPORTANT OF ALL
    (ix) very slow or non-existent gains in exercise poundages in the gym. That is less than 2 lbs. a week on each exercise. In extreme cases overtraining can lead to DROPPING poundages.

[Taken from the Hardgainer FAQ (http://www.hardgainers-home-gym.com/hg_faq.html) - a great source of information as well for those who aren't hardgainers]

If you're getting any of these, then you're very likely are over training. Note that it may make sense to temporarily overtrain as long as it's done in terms of overall intensity cycling.

Ok lets see....
    I got 1,3,4,5,7 symptoms My signature should say the overtrainer.

thank god that pinnacle is here to slap you overtrainers around a bit

Pinnacle is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~ Cocky motherF*cker!
    from you bro? hmm interesting. just last week i saw where you were talking it up on how important it is to be open minded to all aspects. not trying to get into it with you but i thought you were better then that
    I appologize if you took offense.But you struck a nerve we me.Just because I train 3x a week(and do rather well with it) doesn't mean I'm lazy,nor anyone else who trains in that fashion.
    I'm very open-minded to new ideas.But I'm close minded to ideas that I know don't work for the majority of the people.
    Like I said,I'm sory if you took offense.You're a good guy,but I disagree with your training ideals.

~Pinnacle~

Quote Originally Posted by TinTin78
    I might add that this is for normal none cycling people, it may change when on cycle but then you have to take that into account to. A normal body is not built to spend 2-3 hours in the gym on the same meal. Studies have shown that a breakdown of the muscle start after 45min - 1hour, that's why it is best to keep it intense and hard. Don't sneak around the gym all day, you will probably not get bigger than any of the other guys.
    studies?? ok what studies

MASTER is offline "I Own You"

etc etc etc
    quite tame considering your a pro, i was thinking more like 4g+ of test, boatloads of slin gh igf etc

Quote Originally Posted by Pinnacle
    I appologize if you took offense.But you struck a nerve we me.Just because I train 3x a week(and do rather well with it) doesn't mean I'm lazy,nor anyone else who trains in that fashion.
    I'm very open-minded to new ideas.But I'm close minded to ideas that I know don't work for the majority of the people.
    Like I said,I'm sory if you took offense.You're a good guy,but I disagree with your training ideals.

~Pinnacle~
    no offense takn bro, like I said I made the "lazy" comment more to get attention. and if you read my earlier remark I am more reffering to 170lbs group of guys that tell me I am overtraining. I am sure if I saw your physique I doubt that I would call you lazy...just an expression.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesC
    quite tame considering your a pro, i was thinking more like 4g+ of test, boatloads of slin gh igf etc
    how do you know this?

All this overtraining talk ,just talked me out of lifting today.
    Shit and I was ready to go throw some weights around.
    But my eye twitching/shaking hands would make me look like a crack head at the gym so I might as well take a few days off.

You lazy asses and your lazy ways are rubbing off on others.

BajanBastard is offline VET Retired
    2g EQ? Isn't that a waste?

Anyway IMO it's about finding what’s good for you and listening to your body, 5-6 days of intense weight training with 3-4 cardio per week works great for me. I take a week off from the gym when I 'feel' the need to do so.

how do you know this?
    Ive seen plenty of pro cycles, and it doesnt take a brain surgeon to work out they must use a shit load of drugs!

let me just say this. if your realitively new to the game and you think that a totall of 3 hours per week in the gym along with some juice is gonna make you look like Ronnie your mistaken imo. that was really my only point to all this. so many mags and articles tell guys to stop training so much, I know if I was a youngster I'd be thinking 2gs test, 45mins in the gym 3x per week is all I need. I certainly did not intend this post to call the experienced big boys lazy

Just usual medical studies on how the body works and how fast it takes up food and use it and so on. It's not any secret that the body get's worn down after 1 hour hard training. The biggest mistake newbies do is train to much, the thing is you don't notice it in the beginning because the body is young and strong. It takes a while then it bites you in the ass, that's probably why most people train hard as hell, then leave the gym fo 6 months a year and then train hard as hell again, it does not work in the long run.

no offense takn bro, like I said I made the "lazy" comment more to get attention. and if you read my earlier remark I am more reffering to 170lbs group of guys that tell me I am overtraining. I am sure if I saw your physique I doubt that I would call you lazy...just an expression.
    It's all good

I used to over train,so I know all about it.I used to be a firm believer in that you needed to train 6 days a week,tons of volume ect.I quickly learned that is a slow road to nowhere.I'm not saying training 3 days a week is good for everyone(cause it's not).But everyone needs to experiment in a sense to find what works for them.I always suggest to newer trainee's to start with a 3 day program and ramp up over time to see what you limits are(recovery-wise).I've been helping a 20 yr old guy at the gym.He's been training 4 days a week,and in the last 6 months,has put on 17 pounds of muscle without drugs!!So even though you may be young.You're body still need time for ample recovery.Why exert all you energy in the gym and not have any left over for the important recovery phase?Rest=growth..no one can argue that bro.

~Pinnacle~

BajanBastard is offline VET Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesC
    Ive seen plenty of pro cycles, and it doesnt take a brain surgeon to work out they must use a shit load of drugs!
    To be honest I think these 'pro cycles' on the net are total BS. Most of them I’ve seen make to sense and use insane amounts of gear.

Quote Originally Posted by big k.l.g
    To be honest I think these 'pro cycles' on the net are total BS. Most of them I’ve seen make to sense and use insane amounts of gear.
    Im not talking about those ghey things, most of them break simple fundamental rules when it comes to gear, im talking real cycles!

It's all good

I used to over train,so I know all about it.I used to be a firm believer in that you needed to train 6 days a week,tons of volume ect.I quickly learned that is a slow road to nowhere.I'm not saying training 3 days a week is good for everyone(cause it's not).But everyone needs to experiment in a sense to find what works for them.I always suggest to newer trainee's to start with a 3 day program and ramp up over time to see what you limits are(recovery-wise).I've been helping a 20 yr old guy at the gym.He's been training 4 days a week,and in the last 6 months,has put on 17 pounds of muscle without drugs!!So even though you may be young.You're body still need time for ample recovery.Why exert all you energy in the gym and not have any left over for the important recovery phase?Rest=growth..no one can argue that bro.

~Pinnacle~
    agreed everyone needs to find out what works. but can you really train say back, in only 45 mins? I mean can you get a really good back workout in that amount of time? maybe it's cuz I am old. I spend a good amount of time warming up

agreed everyone needs to find out what works. but can you really train say back, in only 45 mins? I mean can you get a really good back workout in that amount of time? maybe it's cuz I am old. I spend a good amount of time warming up
    You aren't much older than me

I train back with 4 sets only.All sets to absolute failure.I'm talking forced reps,then progress into rest/pause and the final drop set.So in essence,one set for me contains up-wards of 18-20 reps.Try going balls to the wall on 4 sets and see if you have anything left over.If done correctly,you'll feel like puking.The work out takes around 45 minutes to complete,and I warm up with a few lite sets as well.

~Pinnacle~

You aren't much older than me

I train back with 4 sets only.All sets to absolute failure.I'm talking forced reps,then progress into rest/pause and the final drop set.So in essence,one set for me contains up-wards of 18-20 reps.Try going balls to the wall on 4 sets and see if you have anything left over.If done correctly,you'll feel like puking.The work out takes around 45 minutes to complete,and I warm up with a few lite sets as well.

~Pinnacle~
    allright, I'm always willing to try something new. but on back day with that workout, do you train traps, and lower back as well.

yessir i COULD ANNIHILATE your back in 45min and your BI's! LOL I PROMISE i been a PT'r for 8+yrs now and it would be fun

ODC0717 is offline Anabolic Member
    It's all good

~Pinnacle~
    Damn Pinn, earlier today you were an anabolic member, now you're a vet!? Congrats brutha!

allright, I'm always willing to try something new. but on back day with that workout, do you train traps, and lower back as well.
    You could if you have the energy.I use 2 sets for width,2 sets for thickness.Rows being one for thickness,so it works your lower back plenty.

I train 2x ED...so in the evening I would do Bicep.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information