Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    indrid_cold17 is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    252

    dbol and finasteride questions

    ok guys can dbol hairloss be stopped with finasteride and if not what can be used instead and will the discontinue of using dbols halt the hairloss process??

    2nd question is ,,is finasteride usage dose dependent i,e if someone is running 500mg of test he should use less finasteride than another guy running a gram of test or is it the same whatever dose i am running,,on ,,off ,,does it matter ??

  2. #2
    indrid_cold17 is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    252
    bump

  3. #3
    Swifto's Avatar
    Swifto is offline Banned- Scammer!
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Anywhere...
    Posts
    15,737
    The proccess of hairloss will onyl be accelerated.

    Try 'Nizoral Shampoo'.

  4. #4
    sp9's Avatar
    sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Land of milk and honey.
    Posts
    3,585
    You either have male pattern baldness or do not. If you have it, you should use finasteride al the time to keep what you have now. Using it while on dbol will help. Using it year round if you have MPB is what you need to do. Nizoral is also a good component, but def. use a dht inhibito like finasteride.

  5. #5
    indrid_cold17 is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    252
    i am asking precise questions and i am looking for specific answers not just vague answers,,,peace

  6. #6
    sp9's Avatar
    sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Land of milk and honey.
    Posts
    3,585
    1) can dbol hairloss be stopped with finasteride - Yes from personal experience.

    2) and if not what can be used instead - It will, but if you want something more effective use avodart/dutasteride. Look at the research chemical sponsor for this board.

    3) will the discontinue of using dbols halt the hairloss process - No, If you lose hair while on dbol, you are losing hair when off dbol, just at a slower rate that will take longer to visibly notice.

    4) 2nd question is ,,is finasteride usage dose dependent i,e if someone is running 500mg of test he should use less finasteride than another guy running a gram of test or is it the same whatever dose i am running.

    Based on finasteride amount, it is not dose dependant for it's effectiveness once you get up to about .7mg daily. You reach the maximum dht supression rate of about 70% whether you take 1 or 5 mg daily. There is a slight difference on 5mg, but it is so small it is not worth the $ and really only worth it if you are using the drug to shrink your prostate. So the drug can block only about 70% not matter how much test you are taking.

    Based on the test amount, yes it is dose dependent, if as we all assume the more test you take the more dht is made. The drug blocks 70%, so the remaining 30% of a larger number means more dht is in your system. What's the difference between 250mg of test and 750mg? No one knows unless they do a test on themselves. The conversion rate is based on your genetics.

    By the way for comparison purposes avodart at .5mg daily blocks around 92-94% of DHT. It also block both types while finasteride blocks only 1 type.

    Hope that helps.
    Last edited by sp9; 01-26-2006 at 04:28 PM.

  7. #7
    indrid_cold17 is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    252
    3) will the discontinue of using dbols halt the hairloss process - No, If you lose hair while on dbol , you are losing hair when off dbol, just at a slower rate that will take longer to visibly notice.

    i curious why is that ,,,so if someone tried dbol and noticed hairloss then stopped using it he will keep on loosing hair from there on ??

  8. #8
    Smak is offline AR's Midget Beater
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    in your girls panties
    Posts
    6,597
    Just use dbol at a lower dose preferably 30mg and under and you should be fine. I'm running it right now at 25-30mg ed for 4 weeks and not shedding a thing. I'm also running finasteride as you know this little indrid buddy.

  9. #9
    Ejuicer's Avatar
    Ejuicer is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Posts
    2,758
    From my experience it will help somewhat with hairloss with d-bol. Not big on d-bol myself, but when I have used it at lower doses it seemed to help somewhat. However when i've done high dose d-bol at 60mg, finasteride didnt seem to help it regardless of the dose I used with it.

  10. #10
    Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Asia
    Posts
    12,285
    Quote Originally Posted by sp9
    1) can dbol hairloss be stopped with finasteride - Yes from personal experience.

    2) and if not what can be used instead - It will, but if you want something more effective use avodart/dutasteride. Look at the research chemical sponsor for this board.

    3) will the discontinue of using dbols halt the hairloss process - No, If you lose hair while on dbol, you are losing hair when off dbol, just at a slower rate that will take longer to visibly notice.

    4) 2nd question is ,,is finasteride usage dose dependent i,e if someone is running 500mg of test he should use less finasteride than another guy running a gram of test or is it the same whatever dose i am running.

    Based on finasteride amount, it is not dose dependant for it's effectiveness once you get up to about .7mg daily. You reach the maximum dht supression rate of about 70% whether you take 1 or 5 mg daily. There is a slight difference on 5mg, but it is so small it is not worth the $ and really only worth it if you are using the drug to shrink your prostate. So the drug can block only about 70% not matter how much test you are taking.

    Based on the test amount, yes it is dose dependent, if as we all assume the more test you take the more dht is made. The drug blocks 70%, so the remaining 30% of a larger number means more dht is in your system. What's the difference between 250mg of test and 750mg? No one knows unless they do a test on themselves. The conversion rate is based on your genetics.

    By the way for comparison purposes avodart at .5mg daily blocks around 92-94% of DHT. It also block both types while finasteride blocks only 1 type.

    Hope that helps.
    I dont mean to hijack this thread (but I will temporarily ) I am on Proscar for an enlarged Prostate and I am doing 5mg of Proscar a day. Are you saying this Avodart is a better proposition for shrinking the prostate than Proscar ? If so, why dont the doctors prescribe it ?

  11. #11
    Smak is offline AR's Midget Beater
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    in your girls panties
    Posts
    6,597
    Quote Originally Posted by Kale
    I dont mean to hijack this thread (but I will temporarily ) I am on Proscar for an enlarged Prostate and I am doing 5mg of Proscar a day. Are you saying this Avodart is a better proposition for shrinking the prostate than Proscar ? If so, why dont the doctors prescribe it ?
    You haven't seen a Avodart commercial before, lol? They do prescribe it. It's stronger than Finasteride at both shrinking prostate and even hair loss.

  12. #12
    indrid_cold17 is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    252
    what is a good finasteride dose while on and while off?

  13. #13
    Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Asia
    Posts
    12,285
    Quote Originally Posted by Smak
    You haven't seen a Avodart commercial before, lol? They do prescribe it. It's stronger than Finasteride at both shrinking prostate and even hair loss.
    I live in SIngapore, they dont advertise anything like that here

  14. #14
    sp9's Avatar
    sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Land of milk and honey.
    Posts
    3,585
    Quote Originally Posted by indrid_cold17
    what is a good finasteride dose while on and while off?
    1MG Daily for hair loss -

    To answer your other question about loss on or off. Your hairs in the balding areas (top and hairline) are programmed genetically from birth as to when they will start thining, (some people - lucky bastards - will keep all their hair forever). Once the proccess of losing hair starts, the pace is also different based on your genetics and the resistance or lack of resistance to DHT.

    Either a hair on your head is going to get thinner and have shorter growth cycles because of DHT or it will not. For most people balding is a very gradual process of your hair folicles reacting to the dht and becoming thinner and having shorter growth periods until they become so small and so thin you see the scalp and become bald. When you use dbol , you are accelerating the rate this process happens. It is going to happen from natural conversion rates to DHT or accelerated conversion rates while on DBOL or test.

    Some people don't have that genetic pre-disposition, so it does not matter, the hair is going to remain the same either way. Once you have figured out you are in the early stages of MPB (Male Pattern Baldness) then it is essential to take measures to slow it down or stop it (unless you don' care).

    Just as an example, if you are a person that will go bald. If you use dbol for 4 weeks, it could equal an acceleration of the process that may have taken 1 year to see if you had used nothing. All depends on genetics.

    For the other persons question, yes avodart is much more effective at shrinking the prostate than proscar. There are the FDA trial study results on the internet and info available at the manufactures website (Glaxo - Smith - Kline).
    Last edited by sp9; 01-27-2006 at 11:49 AM.

  15. #15
    indrid_cold17 is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    252
    Quote Originally Posted by sp9
    1MG Daily for hair loss -

    To answer your other question about loss on or off. Your hairs in the balding areas (top and hairline) are programmed genetically from birth as to when they will start thining, (some people - lucky bastards - will keep all their hair forever). Once the proccess of losing hair starts, the pace is also different based on your genetics and the resistance or lack of resistance to DHT.

    Either a hair on your head is going to get thinner and have shorter growth cycles because of DHT or it will not. For most people balding is a very gradual process of your hair folicles reacting to the dht and becoming thinner and having shorter growth periods until they become so small and so thin you see the scalp and become bald. When you use dbol , you are accelerating the rate this process happens. It is going to happen from natural conversion rates to DHT or accelerated conversion rates while on DBOL or test.

    Some people don't have that genetic pre-disposition, so it does not matter, the hair is going to remain the same either way. Once you have figured out you are in the early stages of MPB (Male Pattern Baldness) then it is essential to take measures to slow it down or stop it (unless you don' care).

    Just as an example, if you are a person that will go bald. If you use dbol for 4 weeks, it could equal an acceleration of the process that may have taken 1 year to see if you had used nothing. All depends on genetics.

    For the other persons question, yes avodart is much more effective at shrinking the prostate than proscar. There are the FDA trial study results on the internet and info available at the manufactures website (Glaxo - Smith - Kline).
    i know what u mean but just wondering why there wasnt hairloss before using steroids ,,also i just want to do 1 or 2 cycles then i will probably stop roids,,just till i reach my personal goals so i dont wanna loose my hair just for doing 2 cycles,,,i will try to keep it while on by using finasteride,,minixidil and nizoral shampoo hope that it works,,,then i will use finasteride till the other cycle a year later or something then i will stop using steroids and finasteride and hope that i will keep the hair that i have ,,thats my plan hope that it works,,

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •