Rushzilla is offline Junior Member

Lightbulb Use of "Rogaine" to stop hair loss

Hi All:

What are your thoughts on the use of "Rogaine" or any topical minox. product during a cycle to stop or retard the hair loss from DHT during a cycle?

Its my understanding that is exactly what "Rogaine" is used for... to block DHT in the scalp>

Oh well let me know what y'all think>

RUSH

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    Wrong. Rogaine/Minoxidil is a growth stimulant, it does not block the conversion to DHT. You need a dht inhibitor to do that, ie proscar or avodart.

Rogaine is good at what it does but to fight hairloss the best approach is to use both a growth stimulant and a dht inhibitor at the same time.

TinTin78 is offline Member
    But I have heard that nizoral (Fungoral) schampoo takes away DHT in the scalp and also helps against acne. I am using it for the head right now and I will see what it does.

sp9
    Nizoral is a third component. It is also good. It is part of what is known as the big 3. The other 2 were already mentioned. The best thing available right now in lieu of hair transplants is to use all 3. Nizoral is the weakest of the 3.

sp9
    Last edited by sp9; 01-24-2006 at 07:18 PM.

sp9
    Last edited by sp9; 01-24-2006 at 07:18 PM.

sp9

ok, but I will only use nizoral as for now because I am using deca , do you think it's ok to take proscar with Test/deca cycle?

sp9
    No advise on that one. I decided early on that there were certain steroids I would not use because of hairloss and one of them was deca .

I stick with these when I consider a cycle:

Dbol
    Test
    EQ
    Anavar

Have not seen any hairloss while on. Have done a few 14 week cycles while taking .5mg avodart ED, minoxidil 5% twice a day, and nizoral 1% 3 times per week.

Auto54 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sp9
    No advise on that one. I decided early on that there were certain steroids I would not use because of hairloss and one of them was deca.
    ??? Everything thus far I've read has said Deca is one of the least likely to cause sides such as hair loss.

BigFocker73 is offline New Member
    sp9
    Hey bro, I just want to know what you think of topical 5% Spiro. Is it any good? I too have hairloss issues and I want to include tren a in a future cycle. What do you think is the best topical out there?

T Bone is offline Junior Member
    I am currently using 5% spiro. I use a 5%minox with Azaleic Acid in the morning. At night, I use 15%minox and azaleic acid and apply %5 spiro a few minutes later.

I will say this, my hairline was receeding big time from my Test E, EQ, and DBOL cycle. After three weeks of this topical stack, I noticed new hair growth infront of my hairline. The spiro cream smells though. Also, the doctor online told me that I could continue to grow hair for two to three years. However, I must continue to use the products for the rest of my life or all the regrown hair will probably fall out in 3-4 months.

indrid_cold17 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TinTin78
    ok, but I will only use nizoral as for now because I am using deca, do you think it's ok to take proscar with Test/deca cycle?
    hey bro i am going to run a deca test cycle and honestly i have seen a lot of a no no for running deca along with test but honestly i do believe that these are just forum parrots ,,none of them actually tried that stack and had hairloss problems ,,it doesnt seem wise to stop hairloss for both test and deca using nizoral alone and an antiandrogen while propecia is outthere to comabt hairloss from test ,,well i do believe that stopping hairloss from test would be wise and deca hairloss should be stopped effectively using nizoral and an antiandrogen together,,,well at least thats what i think but i got ****in confused from hearing dont deca test proscar and i actually i dunno wtf to do ,,lollll

Well if my hair gets bad I will order some proscar and do 1/4 tab ed, they are 5mg tabs I heard and they have marks to split in 4 pieces, leaving you with 1.25mg proscar that would be a nice amount to take ed.

themetalmich is offline Junior Member
    DO NOT use any dht blocking agent with Deca . that includes finasteride and dutasteride. these drugs inhibit the conversion of Deca to DHN, a far less androgenic compound.
    A better explanation here.
    www.hairloss-research.org

indrid_cold17 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by themetalmich
    DO NOT use any dht blocking agent with Deca . that includes finasteride and dutasteride. these drugs inhibit the conversion of Deca to DHN, a far less androgenic compound.
    A better explanation here.
    www.hairloss-research.org
    did u use deca with finasteride before and noticed more hairloss ,,,are u talking from experience or just saying what other guys are saying ?? do u believe that deca without its conversion to dhn would be more bad on the hair than test ,,

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    You are using this now ? How /where do you buy it ? Do you need prescription ?

sp9
    Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life
    You are using this now ? How /where do you buy it ? Do you need prescription ?

It is expensive. I buy it at sams club. Without insurance you are looking at about $85 for 30 pills. You need a perscription. You can get one mailed to you from this online doc for a fee and then take it to sams club or wherever.

www.medicalwellnesscenter.com

Might I suggest you look at the reasearch chemicals from our board sponsor? Still expensive but not as bad.

judge_dread is offline Member
    Regaine+Proscar+Fungoral+a selenium based shampoo = powerful combo for prevention hairloss

Blog Entries
    I am using rogaine now but as said before i think i need a DHT blocker. Is there a generic one on the market that isn't too expensive without prescription ?

sp9
    I am using rogaine now but as said before i think i need a DHT blocker. Is there a generic one on the market that isn't too expensive without prescription ?
    Cheapest thing to do would be to order from reseach chem place, board sponsor link is in the upper right hand corner. They have liquid that is a good deal.

Blog Entries
    How much is a dosage ? how often to take ? How long would a bottle of Dutasteride 30mL 0.5mg/mL last ?

I am thinking of combinding this with the SAM generic version of rogaine 5%.
    Last edited by DSM4Life; 01-28-2006 at 06:07 PM.

sp9
    I use to take .5mg daily but now I just take .5mg Mon/Wed/Fri. It has a very long half life, someting like 14+ days.

Blog Entries
    I use to take .5mg daily but now I just take .5mg Mon/Wed/Fri. It has a very long half life, someting like 14+ days.
    This is one thing i don't get about the research center. They never list ANY recommened dosages or how often to take these things.

sp9
    This is one thing i don't get about the research center. They never list ANY recommened dosages or how often to take these things.
    I think there are reasons for that. One being they are legal to sell because they are for "research" only. So giving out human dosing instructions would be a little off base. The best thing to do is search the drug manufacturer website, or just ask here.

Blog Entries
    I think there are reasons for that. One being they are legal to sell because they are for "research" only. So giving out human dosing instructions would be a little off base. The best thing to do is search the drug manufacturer website, or just ask here.
    I got you. Thanks for the advise. You said you take this 3 times a day. How long have you been taking it ? Have you noticed any growth from it ?

sp9
    I got you. Thanks for the advise. You said you take this 3 times a day. How long have you been taking it ? Have you noticed any growth from it ?
    Not 3 times a day, 3 times per week. Yes, first year noticed thin hairs get thicker all over the top. Once the hairline moves there is really nothing that will work but a hair transplant. So getting on the earlier the better.

I used proscar 1mg daily Aug 1998 to Dec 2002, Avodart/Dutasteride Dec 2002 to now. I have done a few cycles since 2002 and never had any hair loss.

I do stick to only certain AS:

DBOL
    TEST
    EQ
    ANAVAR

Blog Entries
    Not 3 times a day, 3 times per week. Yes, first year noticed thin hairs get thicker all over the top. Once the hairline moves there is really nothing that will work but a hair transplant. So getting on the earlier the better.

I used proscar 1mg daily Aug 1998 to Dec 2002, Avodart/Dutasteride Dec 2002 to now. I have done a few cycles since 2002 and never had any hair loss.

I do stick to only certain AS:

DBOL
    TEST
    EQ
    ANAVAR
    Yeah i mean't week not day on my earlier post. I will give it a try. Hopefully in a year i will look like a punk rocker !

Thanks again for the info.

SVTMuscle* is offline Banned
    looks like im gonna go pick me up some Nizoral.

its also really good for acne too.

i just got some 2% Nizoral shampoo and it says to use its once a week for dandruff. How much should i use of this to try to regrow a little hair?
    -Wild I want to try some other things but i 'm not sure if they will show up in a NCAA steroid drug test even thought they arent AAS. I'm not sure if the screen with pick them up. Any ideas? I can get the banned drugs if someone can tell me if it would be caught.
    -Wild

bump..

sp9
    Saw your question about NCAA test. Man, I don't know...I looked at that list, its crazy. You should go into a local drug store, show the pharmacist the list and tell him you want to take avodart as an "off label" perscription for hair loss (where a hat or something) and ask him if it will get you a positive test. Most of the pharmacists are cool about those types of questions. FOr insurance drive to the next drug store and ask another pharmacist for a second opinion. I can't believe they are testing for caffeine...scary.

yah they take alot of fun out of it haha thanks for the time bro
    -WILD

Thread Information