thornbirds is offline New Member

How long do steriods stay in the system?

Hi,

Maybe I am not posting in the right place but I desperately need information and advice from someone who knows medically how long steroid effects last in the system for.

My situation is tricky as my husband was a powerlifter for 7 yrs and i supported him fully. He grew to be enormous and of course used steroids but he became very violent towards me for a long time and i had to run away because i could not bear it anymore. He promised to stop steriods and he did it but was still very angry and i think the steroids could have affected him deeply as he was on them for years on and off and that he might still have traces of them in his system. I dont know all the names of the gear he was on but some was parabolom (?), testoviron , testex, some veternary stuff for bulls, many pills which i cant remember the names of. Could anyone please tell me how long can steroids stay in the system for and cause effect on a person? I know it can be tested if there are traces of steroids in the blood stream but how long back does it go? I have heard it may take months to clear out of the system...

I would like to know really so i can give him another chance and feel safe with him. Thanks a lot for any help.

Liftnainez is offline Banned
    hey.. to get directly to your answer: It all varies..some steroids can last in your sytem up to a year or more EX: Deca .. But really steroids isnt the cause for your husband becoming this aggresive monster.. Even if he was on or off there would still be a problem..

anaBROLIC is offline Only The Strong Survive
    Quote Originally Posted by thornbirds
    Hi,

Maybe I am not posting in the right place but I desperately need information and advice from someone who knows medically how long steroid effects last in the system for.

My situation is tricky as my husband was a powerlifter for 7 yrs and i supported him fully. He grew to be enormous and of course used steroids but he became very violent towards me for a long time and i had to run away because i could not bear it anymore. He promised to stop steriods and he did it but was still very angry and i think the steroids could have affected him deeply as he was on them for years on and off and that he might still have traces of them in his system. I dont know all the names of the gear he was on but some was parabolom (?), testoviron , testex, some veternary stuff for bulls, many pills which i cant remember the names of. Could anyone please tell me how long can steroids stay in the system for and cause effect on a person? I know it can be tested if there are traces of steroids in the blood stream but how long back does it go? I have heard it may take months to clear out of the system...

I would like to know really so i can give him another chance and feel safe with him. Thanks a lot for any help.
    tho each steroid varies. its almost safe to say that about a year later most will be out of your system. as far as the rage. roid rage is a myth that is hyped up way to much. that is why i highlighted what you said. on and off he was an angry man. it was most likely not the steroids. it was most likely just the person he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Liftnainez
    hey.. to get directly to your answer: It all varies..some steroids can last in your sytem up to a year or more EX: Deca.. But really steroids isnt the cause for your husband becoming this aggresive monster.. Even if he was on or off there would still be a problem..
    wow. great minds think alike! lol you got your response in seconds before me!!! dang

Thanks for the replies. Well, he started being violent since the steriods and i know for a fact that they make him wroth because even while training he is very touchy and irated and after heavy training he is very angry too. He has used Deca a lot, i remember the name now. So it is up to a year then. In the UK, does anyone know where a person can go and have such a check done on him, to see about any traces of steroids in the system?

its all in his bloodwork

SMAN12b is offline Educate B4 U Medicate
    Thanks for the replies. Well, he started being violent since the steriods and i know for a fact that they make him wroth because even while training he is very touchy and irated and after heavy training he is very angry too. He has used Deca a lot, i remember the name now. So it is up to a year then. In the UK, does anyone know where a person can go and have such a check done on him, to see about any traces of steroids in the system?

A blood test can determine how his levels are. BUT as stated, steroids will not CAUSE the violence , they may magnify aggression that is already there, but they are not the reason for his violence. I would suggest he seek counsleing before you risk your safety with a violent man!! JMHO

Liftnainez is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by anaBROLIC
    wow. great minds think alike! lol you got your response in seconds before me!!! dang
    lol sorry bro.. happens to me all the time lol.. great minds do think alike

Assapopolis is offline Junior Member
    If he did it "on" he will do it "off". If he was making up the excuse of the AAS causing it then he is just making excuses. He knows inside that he is not a real man and is just trying to blame it on something else.

DON"T GO BACK!!!!!!

Maetenloch is offline Associate Member
    You're asking a couple of different questions here -

While some steroids are detectable by tests for up to 18 months, their blood levels fall off very quickly. Even the longest acting steroid will essentially be cleared from the body 10-12 weeks after the last injection. If he's been clean for 3 months or more, he's not on steroids in any way.

I've never seen any research showing that steroid use permanently affects personality. Basically if he was a wife beater while on steroids, it's because that's the kind of guy he is - not the steroids. Steroid use can make some guys more aggressive and irritable than normal, but it won't turn you into a violent a-hole.

[QUOTE=Maetenloch]You're asking a couple of different questions here -

While some steroids are detectable by tests for up to 18 months, their blood levels fall off very quickly. Even the longest acting steroid will essentially be cleared from the body 10-12 weeks after the last injection. If he's been clean for 3 months or more, he's not on steroids in any way.

Well, he's been clean for about 2 months. I can't understand how it is possible for some steriods to be detectable by tests for up to 18 months and at the same time their blood levels to be falled off very quickly? You mean the steroids once injected or orally taken go into the blood stream but then they moved to stay where - the muscle tissue? Sorry, I don't know much about steroids activity although I do know names and I was the one injecting them to him.

I have heard that steriods or overuse of them and he used vet's stuff too, can affect the brain after a while, basically that they are not great for the body. Similarly with what they write about Gh how it can affect even the bone and cause bone protrusions. He was on Gh a few times as well.

I am aware that his attitude to me doesn't come solely due to the steriods use, it is his mindset and opinion of me. I thought only that steroids induced additional anger and aggression which could have been spared.

Thanks anway.
    Last edited by thornbirds; 06-28-2006 at 01:27 AM.

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member

Well, he's been clean for about 2 months. I can't understand how it is possible for some steriods to be detectable by tests for up to 18 months and at the same time their blood levels to be falled off very quickly? You mean the steroids once injected or orally taken go into the blood stream but then they moved to stay where - the muscle tissue? Sorry, I don't know much about steroids activity although I do know names and I was the one injecting them to him.
    Some steroids can be detected for up to 18 months.. deca being one such steroid . I'd have to say it's the metabolites of the compounds that're detectable for that time.. not the active compound itself. Metabolites are usually physiologically inert (with exception)... So The deca he injected how ever many months back would no longer be active in his system. So technically speaking.. he's not 'on' steroids.. but if tested he would test positive for them.

I have heard that steriods or overuse of them and he used vet's stuff too, can affect the brain after a while, basically that they are not great for the body. Similarly with what they write about Gh how it can affect even the bone and cause bone protrusions. He was on Gh a few times as well.

I am aware that his attitude to me doesn't come solely due to the steriods use, it is his mindset and opinion of me. I thought only that steroids induced additional anger and aggression which could have been spared.

Thanks anway.
    Studies that illustrate the long-term use of anabolics.. and their effects on brain chemistry, i don't believe they're done on Humans. Those studies i've read where on hamsters etc... and usually it was done in the pubertal/pre-pubertal stages. These stages are marked by incomplete emotional development. The implementation of anabolics at this age prevents full maturation/development.. so the subjects were agressive as adults.

This has little or no basis for the adult steroid user however.

I agree with the above posters. Your husband has an anger-management/projection problem. I'd advise you two do therapy before you take him back. Being clean means nothing.

Good luck m'lady

Narkissos

Thread Information