LookingtoCut is offline Associate Member

Question MikeXXL etc, cutting advice w/o sparing MUCH muscle...

Hey guys, some of you may have seen this post, but only got 45 replies so I figured my subject line was shitty...wanted to re-post...sorry for those of you who already read.

Ok, I am currently 6'2, 218 lbs, roughly 14-15% BF. Trying to achieve my goal of around 10% BF. I have been training hard, and I am trying to drop my bf% without sparing TOO much muscle..Finished first cycle of T200/EQ/Winny almost 2 months ago......May take another cycle Jan-Feb of next year ( Prop/EQ/Fina )...

Here is my average diet:

Meal 1: Protien shake ( 50g ) with fat free milk, 2 packets of oatmeal
    Meal 2: Turkey Sandwich on wheat bread, with fat free mayo
    Meal 3: Snack - cottage cheese, chicken, turkey, something with protien
    Meal 4: (Post-workout ) Protien shake w/dextrose
    Meal 5: Chicken breasts with brown rice...or a steak....
    Meal 6: Chicken/Ground Turkey, rice or veggies.........
    Glutamine with shakes as well.....( preserve LBM )

I'm in school from 1:00 - 4:00 PM, so I try to bring a protien bar to eat in-between classes sometimes as well.

This is an estimate...sometimes I throw in other stuff to change up routine....I am doing cardio 4x/week for 30 min FIRST thing in the morning on empty stomach......I have Clen here ( 40mcg ), that I plan on starting in 2 weeks or so....Right now taking Hydroxicut.......

Is my diet alright? What should be changed? Should I be cutting calories more? More or less cardio? ALL feedback appreciated, both NEGATIVE and POSITIVE..........

P.S. I am not eating 3 hours before bed........just water........I just started this routine today, and want to make sure I have things right, and not wasting time or doing something wrong.........sorry its a long post

Shredz is offline Respected Member
    First about the diet..things look pretty good just make sure your carbs are on the low glycemic index, things such as pumpernickle bread or all grain, yams things like that.

Do you not like eggs? I would maybe have a that protein shake when you are done your morning cardio and then when you get home approx 30mins after cardio have 8-10 egg whites with a couple of yokes and your oatmeal. A good thing to take in before bed is a low carb protien shake. I like atlking Pro V 60 by labrada because it is a slow release protein and is great for when you are sleeping. If you are not noticing fat loss which you will or if it slows done in a couple of weeks you can then adjust your diet.

As for cardio I find walking a good pace on a incline works best for me personally.

this is your workout that you PMed me.
    Monday - Chest, 30 min cardio first thing in morning,
    Tues - Back/Forearms, 30 min cardio first thing in morning
    Wed - Legs/Calves
    Thurs - Bi's/Tri's/Forearms, 30 min cardio first thing in morning
    Fri - Shoulders, 30 min cardio first thing in morning

Me personally once again feel that 5 days in a row along with 5x a week cardio is a little much and you can start to over train very easily. 5x/week cardio is perfect but you might want to split up your work outs.

Either do a 2 on 1 off routine or
    Monday: chest and bis
    Tues: Off
    Wed: back and tris
    Thrus: Off
    Friday: Legs
    Sat: Shoulders and Traps
    Sun: Off

I find that these workouts work best for me, and help prevent overtraining.

And why so much forarms????

I've always been told to hit forearms and calves 2x/week. Sometimes I throw calves in with Shoulders on Friday. Since I've been hitting forearms 2x/week, they've grown up to 13-13.5".

Thank you for all the advice. I love eggs, and sometimes I will have an egg-white omlet for breakfast....I have Isopure Dutch Chocolate protien, 50g protien, 3 carbs! But, I haven't been drinking one before bed...I will start that again tonight....thats 3 shakes a day.....Morning,post-workout, and before bed.......

Any other advice? I do walk on incline, as well as eliptical, etc...I will get my ass out of bed and start cardio tomorrow morning.....

Shredz is offline Respected Member
    you da man.

Thanx Shredz, if you can think of anything to add, please do so.

Also, bump for the rest of the guys

Can someone break down how much protien,carbs,and fats I should haver per day?

Maybe total calorie count, etc.....Thanx, that would be easier to track, in-case I want to change up meals, add more oatmeal, etc.....

Remember, trying not to spare much muscle from cycle.......BUT, trying to get the ripped abs, and get rid of the fat

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    I would trake out the White bread and fat free milk as it contains lactose and it is a simple sugar, other then that you look on track to me...however cutting right after coming off a cylce is a sure way to loose some of the hard earned muscle...i would say 350gm of protein, 200gm of carbs and 45-50gm of fat, evenly distributed with each meal...also i wouldn't go with a shake before bed, try cottage cheese or some protein source that will be digested slowelly, for more even amino acid profile through out the night...XXL

Thank you Mike....I have been off my cycle for a little while now...Finished clomid like 1.5 months ago.....Been maintaining since...

I will have cottage cheese before bed, instead of shakes for now....

I don't think I'm getting in that much protien, especially w/o that before bed shake...thats an extra 50g........

2 shakes enough? Or should I continue drinking 3 shakes/day to keep protien high?

Also, I don't eat white bread...it is 100% whole wheat.....Does it make difference?

Nathan is offline Retired Moderator
    Bread in general is not low on the glycemic index but I wouldn't worry too much with whole wheat, maybe whole grain would be better. Anyway, things look good to me. I would advice roughly 3000kcal daily to start and maybe lower that after about 2-4 weeks whenever you feel you need to. If you do this completely natural you risk more muscle loss. I won't diet without something in there. I am currently dieting with primo alone. I used clen and am trying a little bromo as well and so far it is going very well. Gonna stop soon cause it's almost time to gain some size again. Good luck bro.

Thanks Nathan,

I am going to start Clen next week ( Monday ). I will take 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off with Hydroxicut on off weeks. I do not want to spare TOO much muscle, so that is why I'm asking for advice.

The Clen should help retain muscle......correct?

Nathan is offline Retired Moderator
    Originally posted by LookingtoCut
    Thanks Nathan,

I am going to start Clen next week ( Monday ). I will take 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off with Hydroxicut on off weeks. I do not want to spare TOO much muscle, so that is why I'm asking for advice.

The Clen should help retain muscle......correct?
    Yeah, it should help somewhat due to its anti-catabolic properties.

Good deal. We'll see how it goes. Hopefully I don't risk TOO much muscle...Need to get to 8-10% BF.

If I did cardio 3x/week, would I spare LESS muscle than 5x/week?

Or, do I need 5x/week to get down to low bf% with strict diet?

Thread Information