steropower is offline Associate Member

What to do when herbs don't lower the blood pressure

My blood pressure is over 130/80 all the time no matter how much hawthorn i take or water i drink or how healthy my diet is.As far as i remember my normal readings were around 115 systolic.Don't remember diastolic.Never had bp problem no matter the amount of steroids or bad diet.

I have daily headaches like my head is going to explode.Pain behind my eyes and dizziness.I thik i am going to faint.

Should i go to a heart doctor?

I was considering taking a blood pressure medication but don't know what.They are so many out there.

Also i am afraid of side effects and mainly what will happen if i will stop using it.

Can you suggest a bp med without side effects?

PT
    PT is offline DUNAMIS ~ AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    depending on your age and medical backround a dr might perscribe you bpp lowering meds but its very doubtful because 130/80 isnt that high. i have ha mine around 155/95 when cycling. just watch your diet(sodium), do cardio and you should be able to control that own youe own
    source checks- 200 posts and 6 month membership min. entirely within my discretion
    PT is a fictional character and all posts are for entertainment purposes only.

I don't want to take bp meds because i'm afraid if i quit taking them will have a rebound effect and don't want to take bp meds for the rest of my life.I'm only 29.

rhino1 is offline Anabolic Member
    cut salt out of your diet
    lower your cholesterol with cheerios and oats
    drink at least 1 gallon of water/day
    do cardio 5x/wk for 30-45min/ed

PT
    PT is offline DUNAMIS ~ AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    if your only 29 and thats your blood pressure then you will be fine own your own without meds. your bp isnt even that high and if your on a cycle then your definatly in the normal range. like i said above, watch your sodium and diet and make sure you hit up some cardio.

ps. i would still go see your dr for the hell of it so he can make a record of it. i can almost gurentee you that he will tell you what i did and will not perscribe you any meds
    source checks- 200 posts and 6 month membership min. entirely within my discretion
    PT is a fictional character and all posts are for entertainment purposes only.

actionx is offline New Member
    you probably should go to the DR. to see if there is something else causing your bad headaches

The biggest problem is dizziness.Headaches are very mild.

I have this all day long.

rhino1 is offline Anabolic Member
    you may have an inner ear problem

FunkLord is offline Junior Member
    Yeah, 130/80 isn't really that high. It's only slightly above "ideal" and is still within the normal range.

The cause of your headaches is most likely unrelated. Try to find out what the problem is.

Thread Information