1000_DaysAsTheLion is offline Junior Member

Anyone use both prohormones and steroids?

note: I know this concerns prohormones and this is a steroid board, but I wanted steroid users opinions/experiences. if its against rules let me know and ill delete - did not see anything that said it was though.

so I know most everyone seems to think you may as well just do the real thing since when using prohormones you are at risk for the same or worse side effects as steroids . They also tend to cause a lot of problems since people use the poor over the counter pct protocols with them and thus lose all their gains and dont avoid sides. Also they can have worse sides and be ineffective. they are also more expensive usually.

On the other side: they aren't illegal, you can minimize sides with research chems and other safety precautions, all the problems that go along with sourcing an illegal substance are mostly removed - fake gear, scamming, sources drying up or getting busted etc. etc. better the devil you know than the one you dont kind of thing. and better the devil that has less chance of landing you in jail - lol.

so that said - assuming proper PCT/OCT and educated usage are there any PHs out there that would compare side effect and gains wise to something like a low dose of test or a light oral cycle of var? Anyone who has used both steroids and PHs care to inform us of the differences/similarities from their experience?

Lift-Eat-Repeat is offline Associate Member
    PH are IMHO are a bigger risk than aas. You talked about the likelihood of gear being fake, I think there is probably alot more "fake" PH on the market that do hardly anything beneficial and still carry the same health risks/sides. I also think that the benefit to risk ratio is alot better with real aas as compared to most PH. With PH you have no idea what it is that your really getting, with vet and human grade test from a reliable Manufacture you know what it is you are putting in your body and can prepare for the risks accordingly. PH to me always felt like a crappy wanna be designer steroid that left me feeling miserable and had noticeably weak gains especially in comparison to real aas. Remember this is my opinion based off a few PH I tried a few years ago, maybe I had some that were not very good or maybe they have improved. Just my 2 cents.

Lemonada8 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    prohormones are alot more risky than AAS, mainly because you dont konw what effect they will have in the body. Alot of them are just some company (alot of them are chinese, no hate tho ) that get a compound similar to a known AAS then market it as a prohormone hoping that the inidividual body chemistry and metabolism will make a usable androgen in the body. But seems that they are coupled with WORSE sides more than AAS.
    one thing you have to realize is that racemates of a isomer have different effects in the body. (racemates are mirror images that arent superimposable on itself, aka your hand) There can be an active isomer that causes all the good things, and the other isomer can cause alot of side effects. (one common example Lexapro, the S-isomer is the good side (does the SSRI actions that are wanted) but the R-isomer does the wanted SSRI action AND blocks H1 AND inhibits cyp2d6 (liver enzyme) which brings on all the negative side effects) so moral of story is that prohormones may be chemically similar to AAS but can have a LARGE variety of actions in the body. If you are gonna cross over to the dark side, might as well go with a standardized steroid that has known effects in the body

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lift-Eat-Repeat View Post
    PH are IMHO are a bigger risk than aas. You talked about the likelihood of gear being fake, I think there is probably alot more "fake" PH on the market that do hardly anything beneficial and still carry the same health risks/sides. I also think that the benefit to risk ratio is alot better with real aas as compared to most PH. With PH you have no idea what it is that your really getting, with vet and human grade test from a reliable Manufacture you know what it is you are putting in your body and can prepare for the risks accordingly. PH to me always felt like a crappy wanna be designer steroid that left me feeling miserable and had noticeably weak gains especially in comparison to real aas. Remember this is my opinion based off a few PH I tried a few years ago, maybe I had some that were not very good or maybe they have improved. Just my 2 cents.
    With PH, there are a lot of fly by night companies making that stuff, but there are a few reliable ones. But yeah, even with the best ones, I still if given a choice would pick gear every time.

Thread Information