m16a2 is offline Senior Member

How bad is drinking on cycle (/w 17-AA)

Drinking on cycle is bad, yes, everyone can agree to that. I know that drinking while on a 17-aa is harmful to your liver, but there is a sentiment that sometimes people make it out to be worse than it really is. Perhaps this is wise since it can be a deterrent for people who might otherwise drink.

I really want to know exactly how harmful is drinking on a cycle. Drinking in general is harmful to your liver. Of course everyone knows that your liver is one of the only organs in your body capable of repairing itself. The liver is definitely not an organ to take lightly, but can anyone really put in words the degree to which alcohol would harm a liver more while on cycle vs. off? Obviously, a 17'aa or any steroid is harmful to your liver without alcohol... therefore, it makes me wonder what are the details of the foundation we use to condemn drinking on a cycle?

What would 1 beer (12 oz) do to your liver if you drank while on a cycle. What if you did it just one time, through your whole cycle. What if you drank 1 beer 10 times during your cycle, spread out. What if you just pounded 10 beers in one night and never drank again, the rest of the cycle?

I just want to understand how this would effect your liver, beyond the vague "its bad" or "if your dedicated you won't drink" or "it will kill your liver"

All this is true, and I have chosen not to drink just because I like the 'safer than sorry' route, but I still am curious.

monstercojones is offline The Anabolic Assassin
    ive used 17-aas and drank, and now i cant get life insurance because of my liver values being too fucked up.

longhornDr is offline Member
    Moderation is the key.

Slamming 10 beers in an hour is much worse than drinking 10 beers over the course of a cycle. Going on a binge will definitely cause fatty deposits to form in hepatocytes, while the occasional beer will have no significant effect. In either case, the damage is completely reversible.

I'm sure that the average college student does more "damage" to their liver every weekend than would a reasonable oral cycle.

I think it's quite funny to hear people say "Dude dont do orals with your cycle you will fuck up your liver man!" and then watch em down a fifth of jack daniels every Friday night.

Liver damage from orals is grossly exaggerated.

m16a2 is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, definitely what I was trying to say in this thread was that liver damage from orals is exaggerated.

I think both elements are harmful to your liver, and combining the two will obviously be worse than either one or none at all. If you can binge drink, you can do orals and see the same damage. Would combining the two have a magical effect that would damage your liver 10 fold? Probably more likely it'll just damage your liver 2x as much as the liquor you are drinking.

For example, quanitity is key. If you drink 3 beers, it will hurt your liver. If you drink 6 beers it will hurt your liver more. If you drink 10 beers it will damage your liver even more.

So if you drink 3 beers on cycle, it will damage as much as 6 beers? I mean is there any way to measure this???

Thread Information