BostonTP is offline New Member

First Test E cycle please help

Hey guys i just started my first cycle and would like some advice. Was planning on doing 250mg/wk of test e for 10 weeks, but after talking to a few people i've come to doubt the effectiveness of such a low dose for someone my size. please if anyone can help i am looking to make the maximum amount of gains with the minimal amount of sides. My Stats are;
    Height: 6'3"
    Weight: 224 lbs.
    Bf is around 12-14%
    I've been lifting for around 10 years and been doing amateur strongman for 2 years.
    My diet is solid with 5-6 meals a day of alot of lean meats, rice and veggies. planning on eating around 4500 cals a day from that.
    My Goal is to get to 245 by the end of my cycle around the same body fat, let me know if this is realistic or if i need to up the dose to around 400mg/wk. Any info with real experiences would help. Thanks in advance guys.

ecruz is offline Member
    everyone reacts differently, with that being said if your training and diet are on point you will see growth, personally i would up it to 12wks. whats you pct looking like? listen if youve trained for so long chances are youll train for a while, start off simple then see how it goes and take it from there

Rv8G30 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BostonTP View Post
    Hey guys i just started my first cycle and would like some advice. Was planning on doing 250mg/wk of test e for 10 weeks, but after talking to a few people i've come to doubt the effectiveness of such a low dose for someone my size. please if anyone can help i am looking to make the maximum amount of gains with the minimal amount of sides. My Stats are;
    Bf is around 12-14%
    I've been lifting for around 10 years and been doing amateur strongman for 2 years.
    My diet is solid with 5-6 meals a day of alot of lean meats, rice and veggies. planning on eating around 4500 cals a day from that.
    My Goal is to get to 245 by the end of my cycle around the same body fat, let me know if this is realistic or if i need to up the dose to around 400mg/wk. Any info with real experiences would help. Thanks in advance guys.
    Pin 250mg twice a week. Are you using AI? And whats the pct plan?

Soar is offline Productive Member
    Welcome to the board! 500mg/week would be a good start. 245 off one cycle is possible but it won't be 100% lean muscle mass. Test e is typically ran for 12 weeks total.

t-dogg is offline Recognized Member Winner - $100
    I would increase the mgs per week and run the cycle for 12wks instead of 10wks. I also see no AI, HCG , or PCT.

BostonTP is offline New Member
    Haven't finalized my pct but I have hcg and clomid on hand. Was thinking 2500 iu's eod for 2 weeks after last pin then start the clomid. No arimidex but I have access to it if I need it. I want to get the best gains I can from my first cycle as I've heard thats the best one. I was planning on pinning 1/2 cc twice a week and did my first one yesterday. I just want to make sure I dont waste my first one by underdosing myself.

valkyrie is offline Female Member
    You need to way up the dose if you want those kind of gains. For your first cycle it is possible to put on a lot of muscle. A lot!! You want to maximize the first cycle get as much out of it as possible it is somewhat of a golden ticket. 250 is almost TRT dose. 500 is okay but I would out that as the minimum. I believe if you're going to do it - do it. 500 minimum and 600-800 would be even better. 10 weeks is plenty long! You minimize the sides by proper use of AI during (Armidex .5 mg E3D should be more than enough and look into HCG as well) and then the correct PCT to kick you or natural test back into production.

Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by BostonTP
    Haven't finalized my pct but I have hcg and clomid on hand. Was thinking 2500 iu's eod for 2 weeks after last pin then start the clomid. No arimidex but I have access to it if I need it. I want to get the best gains I can from my first cycle as I've heard thats the best one. I was planning on pinning 1/2 cc twice a week and did my first one yesterday. I just want to make sure I dont waste my first one by underdosing myself.
    You need to do more research. Hcg is for on cycle up till pct. you need an ai for your first cycle before you start and you must sort out your pct before starting! Make sure you have everything before considering starting a cycle. You need nolvadex and Clomid for pct

Flawdaboy is offline Junior Member
    I agree with everyone else i bump it up to 1 cc twice a week on say monday and thursday.

stpete is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BostonTP View Post
    Bf is around 12-14%
    Welcome...First thing that needs addressed is your diet. I know you say it's solid but there's something amiss here and i recommend you hit our Nutrition Section to get that worked out before embarking on a cycle. Without a solid diet it's all for not anyway.

That being said, you're test cycle is a little weak. With a solid diet and an AAS cycle of test @ 500mgs per week(250mgs pinned 2x a week) will be sufficient. HCG and an AI is (imo) a requirement, not an option. A good PCT would be Nolva and Clomid. Your cycle should be 12 weeks in length w/HCG starting @ week 3 all the way to PCT.

You can find more info in the PCT Forum regarding dosages. I prefer 40/40/20/20 and 50/25/25/25 respectively for your cycle.

Good Luck.

tdoe11 is offline Senior Member
    My first cycle I ran 250/week. My gains were minimized. Definitely 500 would be the way to go if I could go back in time. I am 6'1. 220

MickeyKnox is offline Banned

Thread Information