snowblowjoe is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

letrozole rebound

I wanna get off my ai now. .. I don't want to get letrozole estrogen rebound so how long should I run my exemestane? .....

Blog Entries
    Bump

MR10X is offline Recognized Member Winner - $100
    When the exemestane gets out of your system your going to start making estrogen again,it doesnt permanently stop estrogen production....It depends more on when the high levels of convertable steroids are out of your system,the higher the amount the more estrogen you will have..

Blog Entries
    It's been 11 weeks since my cycle..I know it won't completely go away I just wanna know how long to run the exemestane so I don't get the infamous letrozole estrogen rebound

There is no rebound thats BRO science,with any of the AI's. When the AI's get out of your system the aromatase enzyne is free to convert test to estrogen,since its been so long since you used any AAS you can just stop or taper off the letro and your body will try to normalize your test/estro ratio....AI's will stimulate your test production so your test level will be a little higher than normal while your on the AI.....

lovbyts is online now Knowledgeable Member
    NO there is no rebound with exemestane but there is with letro. just stop the extremeness anytime.
    exemestane works over a longer period of time and takes time to build up to work properly but Letro is fast acting and stops quickly also causing the rebound to it's best to taper down over a week or two.
    http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...*#.UTXUuHd9XkU

Blog Entries
    Thanks I'm going to run letrozole one more week then exemestane a week then finally be off my ai!!

Quote from a medical doctor:
    E-2 levels do not "rebound" and EXCEED (or overshoot) pretreatment baseline levels upon the discontinuation of either SERM's or AI''s. Moreover since there's no evidence to support the assertion, I suspect it's bro dogma propagated through AAS forums.
    For clarification, there are circumstances where the withdrawal of either AI's or SERM's result in an absolute increase in E-2 levels yet the tT;E-2 RATIO remains unchanged.
    For instance after the effective treatment of hypogonadism E-2 levels may raise above baseline AND remain at that level. Such as a patient whom starts hypogonadal therapy using either an AI or a SERM with an initial tT and E-2 level of 207 ng/dl and 24 pg/ml respectively (one of my patients). After effective treatment the drug is removed once the tT level improves to 413ng/dl and an E-2 of 42 pg/ml. Indeed E-2 levels have increased above baseline but on a pro rata basis with tT. However FURTHER increases of E-2 are not observed as a CONSEQUENCE of discontinuing either the AI or SERM therapy.
    A related situation may occur with cycling, for example cycling T-prop while using an AI simultaneously can reduce the E-2 level and INCREASE the tT;E-2 ratio remarkably. However once the cycle or AI are stopped obviously E-2 will increase since aromatase is no longer being blocked. Moreover if appropriate PCT is not instituted, AI discontinuation may appear responsible for a further elevation of E-2 when the culprit is actually the adrenal glands, since LH has a limited influence on it's estrogen production.
    Best
    Last edited by MR10X; 03-05-2013 at 02:10 PM.

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    How long have you been running letro?

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MR10X View Post
    Quote from a medical doctor:
    E-2 levels do not "rebound" and EXCEED (or overshoot) pretreatment baseline levels upon the discontinuation of either SERM's or AI''s. Moreover since there's no evidence to support the assertion, I suspect it's bro dogma propagated through AAS forums.
    type 2 ai's like adex or letro only temporarily bind to the binding site on the aromatase enzyme. One use is discontinued and the ai wears off...the aromatase rendered inactive by this binding becomes active again. The result is a temporary spike in estrogen.

Type 1 ai's like stane bind to the same site on the aromatase enzyme but render it permanently inactive so there is no "out of the norm" spike in e2 after discontinuation.

You cannot - Dr or not, overlook the MOA or type ai and make accurate blanket statements.v I do think this is overstated esp since we tend to follow our cycles with a serm based pct and run our ai's close to the start of pct - but it is a real effect in my opinion.
    Last edited by jimmyinkedup; 03-05-2013 at 02:21 PM.

Thread Information