Thread: Acne Question

jersey juice is offline Member

Acne Question

I have terrible skin to begin with, I get heat rashes & ingrown hairs like crazy. Ever since I started cycling, even when I've been off for a while my skin is coarse & grainy and I still break out on my upper back, shoulders, upper arms & chest. Do you guys have any secrets that would help clear these areas? My face doesn't get it that bad, go figure, very controllable, but when I take off my shirt at the gym I feel like a steroid prevention ad.

FATMAN is offline Banned
    Try showering more frequently, 2 maybe 3 times a day. Change your soap is worth a try too.

samoth is offline Member
    Theres an anti-acne prescription drug called Accutane. It works very well for almost everyone, BUT leaves the skin VERY dried out... be forewarned... it is also rough on the liver, so take care if mixing with oral steroids . You should have no prob getting a script from a doc. Don't know the pharmacy cost, but on the black market it is kinda costly.

zibep is offline Junior Member

Accutane

I went on accutane a few years back. That's some intense stuff, not to be entered into lightly.

You might want to check out acne.org

There's a very effective routine on there that uses just over-the-counter stuff.

TNT
    TNT is offline Retired Moderator

Cool Another thread . . .

There was another recent thread in which acne was discussed in detail here, including much information on Accutane.

You'll find it at:

http://www.anabolicreview.com/vbulle...light=accutane

GenuinePL is offline Senior Member
    Go to a doctor, he will help you out. Don't take your time on it, just go and tell him what's going on.

vanjag is offline Junior Member
    Before you start hard stuff like Accutane, maybe you'd want to try some antibacterial shower gels, I'm sure you don't need a script for that, and it can be bought in pretty much any supermarket, if not pharmacies have it for sure. Try taking showers with that 2 times a day, one of those times has to be after your workout, and see what happens.

In Europe there is one of those shower gels that goes under the name Safeguard, I don't know if it's available in the US. For me it works fine, but I'm not very prone to acne.

V

jersey juice is offline Member
    Thanks guys, I've always had this problem, but now it's worse cause of the cycling. I'm gonna try some of the OTC methods first before I try accutane or some other stuff. I was also thinking about going tanning, hey can't hurt right...

arthurb999 is offline Anabolic Member
    1. Shower at least twice a day with dial antibcterial soap.
    2. Use clearsil pads.
    3. Go tanning once a week.
    4. Change your bed sheets every 3 or 4 days.
    5. Drink tons of water.

If that doesn't work, partyboy nyc has a good website. Give him a hollar.

Thread Information