canadian_mofo is offline Associate Member

Safeness of running high doses of ALA

Does anyone know how safe ALA is to run in such high doses such as 1000mg-2000mg/day. The most ive seen as a recomended dose on a bottle is 500mg/day. Does anyone know for sure if this stuff is totally safe for you in such high doses, and will not effect you in any ways?

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    In some people, high doses of ALA can have an allergic type effect(itchy, bumps, swelling, breathing troubles) but that is the only side I've heard or read about

OGPackin is offline Anabolic Member
    Hey bro, im running 2000mgs ed of ALA. Iv heard some bros run as high as 3000mgs ed. No worries.

OG

No worries now, but what are the longer term sides that possibly occur from ALA?? I currently have some ALA from anabolical.com , what would u recomend as a dosage while on a cycle. Its recomended dose is 500mg but what do u guys run of this stuff?

ironfist is offline Elite Hall Of Fame ~ RIP ~
    No sides here and I am using 5,000mg everyday...I take 1,000mg before each of my 5 meals...

Seee look at my bro ironfist, 5000mgs ed wow! I get mine at the same place bro, i would recommend running atleast 2000mgs ed. I take 1000mgs after lunch and 1000mgs after dinner.

OG

Lethalius is offline Junior Member
    Iron and OG,
    With the dosages you are running, aside from liver protection, what benefits are you noticing such as enhanced muscle pumps or fat burning?

I have the 500 mg capsules
    I am currently in the early stages of a dbol /deca /testoviron cycle (a 12 wk). I am 5'9, 201 and looking to bulk. I am worried the ala might make me lose weight. What do you think?

Thanks

overhere is offline New Member
    From what i understand, ALA is water-soluble so like other water-soluble produts the body clears it pretty fast.

I'd ramp up slow. Drink water to allow the body to clear it properly.

Originally posted by Lethalius
    Iron and OG,
    With the dosages you are running, aside from liver protection, what benefits are you noticing such as enhanced muscle pumps or fat burning?

I have the 500 mg capsules
    I am currently in the early stages of a dbol /deca /testoviron cycle (a 12 wk). I am 5'9, 201 and looking to bulk. I am worried the ala might make me lose weight. What do you think?

Thanks
    Regular ala supposedely makes you hold water and gain weight...I guess the rala is better for cutting...I'm using iceman's 500mg caps

the original jason is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    IF bro where did u hear about the water retention???

Originally posted by The Original Jason
    IF bro where did u hear about the water retention???
    Yhere have been quite a few threads on it just recently over on elite...I was taking the r ala and the regular ala both at the same time which i just stopped to see if there was a difference between the 2. Some guys claim the regular ala will also make you fat because of the insulin sensitivity caused my it ( macro and ulter have quite a bit of info on it)...I am holding water but it is my first time trakling the ala and my first time taking hgh and i started them both at the same time so there is no telling what my problem is....

How do i know if i have ALA or RALA. Got my stuff from anabolical.com. Its Anabolical Nutritions ALA 250.

Ozzy is offline Senior Member
    Originally posted by canadian_mofo
    How do i know if i have ALA or RALA. Got my stuff from anabolical.com. Its Anabolical Nutritions ALA 250.
    It would say R-Ala on the front of the bottle.

Their stuff bro is ALA. Lethalius, iv dropped my bf down to 13%. I attribute some of that to the ALA. Good stuff bro!

OG

the original jason is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    hmm thanks bro, I got some water retention goin on on a cycle but im taking high doses of liquidex wonder if it can be due to the ala? I am using ast 200's ?? certainly can say one thing I dont notice any difference taking it or not as in fat loss

peace

H BOMB is offline Senior Member
    what is ALA??

Iceburg is offline Junior Member
    No worries now, but what are the longer term sides that possibly occur from ALA?? I currently have some ALA from anabolical.com , what would u recomend as a dosage while on a cycle. Its recomended dose is 500mg but what do u guys run of this stuff?
    Hey Bro..
    The dosages really depend on your goals for the ALA...
    Some use ALA strictly for liver protection. For that 1000+ mg daily is good. Some go higher or lower depending on if they're taking orals or not.

ALA can also aid in weight loss through ketosis/ nutrient partitioning. To really see results in this area many find the 3000 mg/ day area is good. But there seems to be a slightly different optimum dose for each person...so a little experimentation is necessary to find what works best for you.

As far as long term use...ALA can deplete biotin fron your system...so make sure you buy a multi-vitamin that has biotin.

Originally posted by The Original Jason
    hmm thanks bro, I got some water retention goin on on a cycle but im taking high doses of liquidex wonder if it can be due to the ala? I am using ast 200's ?? certainly can say one thing I dont notice any difference taking it or not as in fat loss

peace
    I'm not quite understanding things either...Sounds like the regular ala may be making people hold water and some gain fat...Doesn't make much sense as it is supposed to keep you in ketosis and metabolize your carbs. I do get bloated after my meals so that has to be from the ala...I'm staying a little bit bloated on my fina/eq/test and i am taking 2.5mg femara everyday...

Right now, there is only one company that makes the rala...It is anabolic fitness and that's it...The only place to get it is the AF store...

nuke is offline Member
    I'm running about 3,500..
    Thanks OG !! I pop 2 500mg ones before every meal . I do it before so I dont gag on the after effects, sore/nasty taste in my throat.

popa is offline Senior Member
    wow...these are some high doses of ala...really some people claim that ala will tend to make you hold more water and r-ala is better for fat loss.
    so if your taking 3000mgs/ed of ala then that means that with r-ala all you need is 1500mgs/ed...... correct

so does it depend on your goals are in order to pick ala or r-ala or is r-ala the bottom line the best
    Last edited by popa; 06-03-2003 at 07:48 PM.

painintheazz is offline Anabolic Member
    I would stay with r-ALA no matter what, it is better hands down. ALA has r-ALA and s-ALA the s-ALA has actually shown to have negative effects on mice I think. The ratio or ALA to r-ALA is 3 to 1 so 3000mg of ala I would take 1000mg of r-ALA.

Pain

Thread Information