ChestNBack is offline Associate Member

water retention, creatine and deca

In general I usually add about 5 to 7 pounds of water when taking creatine. Take away the creatine and just run test and deca I add some water weight on me. Question: Is the body only designed to carry x amount of excess water caused by water retention? I gained about 5 pounds from creatine before I started my cycle and still take about 5 grams a day. I just want to know is the extra weight that I'm gaining more water or lean muscle gain. I don't notice any extra bloat but at week 5 of my run have added about three more pounds from week 4 and 5.

Shadeed is offline Associate Member
    For me the only way to know, is to do a complete body composition analysis.

Docd187123 is offline Banned
    Once creatine stores in muscle tissue are saturated (typically after 3-4wks of normal dosing 3-5g daily) then the water weight from creatine will have been maxed out for the most part. Taking in super high doses could possibly retain some more water but it shouldn't be much and very short lived if so since muscle tissue is saturated. Whatever compounds you run could add to this water weight as well especially in circumstances where E2 is elevated. 3lns in one week is not all muscle. It will be some muscle, some fat, some increased glycogen stores or fuller stores, water, etc.

DAAS is offline Senior Member
    The extra water weigh you'll gain will probably be in the first 2 weeks. anything after that is most likely muscle unless you've added a bunch of sodium to your diet

ChestNBack is offline Associate Member
    thanks guys. Looks like I have enough info

Bert is offline Senior Member
    I've seen guys gain 40 lbs of water weight.

Thread Information