Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By XxAndreaxX

Thread: Liposuction and Bodybuilding

XxAndreaxX is offline Senior Member

Liposuction and Bodybuilding

I’m genetically skinnyfat. If you look at me now, you’d never say that, but skinnyfats have the big issue to store fat unproportionally.
    We use to store fat in love handles and pectorals. We don’t store any fat on our legs and arms or face. Its somehow a ring around the belly, so we have a hard time to burn that fat, we get very very shredded over the whole body, but love-handles are still there, maybe at even 8% BF.
    I went to the surgeon, he told me at first I was mad, because I virtually have no subq fat. Then I told him to look deeper and we saw, I have >4x the fat on my handles, in comparision to my belly.
    He told me to put on some fat, and come back to have a better Idea.
    My question: anyone did liposuction?
    Is it true, fat-cells will never come back??
    Surgeon told me, he will work in proportions. He won’t quit 100% of fat cells, he will quit to have the whole area even.
    I wouldn’t mind to quit nearly 100%, I mean, I don’t usually store fat on the rest of my body, not even on my face, and in winter, some fat would be wellcome, thicker legs, thicker chest and arms, and still shredded abs.
    He normally works with proportions, because the totality of people that do liposucction are fat endomorphs, and he can’t quit too much fat on a lazy 150kg pork, because it would look strange.
    So he was a little lost on my case.
    My goal is to quit clen and T3, and slowly quit steroids too, I want to keep it natural with a good diet.
    But ATM due my genetics, its quiet impossible.
    I apreciate every info you can give me thanks!!

SEOINAGE is offline Anabolic Member
    I get where you are coming from, as I have a similar situation. Got down to a percentage I thought would get rid of it, but everywhere else was super thin skin and looked great. we all store differently, it's just most people look to the ab and hip region to gauge ones leanness.

Have you considered getting like 5% bf and holding it for a slightly extended period? (I know much easier said than done, potentially brutal) And then when you shift into maintenance or muscle building make sure you are extremely slow to gain weight back.

Personally I think you would be disappointed with lipo, and would have a very hard time finding a surgeon capable enough to really improve on the situation.

I mean it sucks, where one person can look good at 12% bf, you might have to drop to 6%. Me personally I intend to take another stab at extended fat loss some time soon to push into single digits and hopefully help this problem, in conjunction with this I am taking another look at thyroid levels again in a couple months and if I continue to be hypothyroid I will start armor thyroid. Just haven't decided yet if I want to do a small cut/prime for a bulk first, or if I should save that bulk for after that long cut. Was wanting to do small bulk and cut cycles and keep it to 10-15% bf, but now I think I need to drop it to 8-12% based on how I look in low teens.

Quote Originally Posted by SEOINAGE View Post
    I get where you are coming from, as I have a similar situation. Got down to a percentage I thought would get rid of it, but everywhere else was super thin skin and looked great. we all store differently, it's just most people look to the ab and hip region to gauge ones leanness.

Have you considered getting like 5% bf and holding it for a slightly extended period? (I know much easier said than done, potentially brutal) And then when you shift into maintenance or muscle building make sure you are extremely slow to gain weight back.

Personally I think you would be disappointed with lipo, and would have a very hard time finding a surgeon capable enough to really improve on the situation.

I mean it sucks, where one person can look good at 12% bf, you might have to drop to 6%. Me personally I intend to take another stab at extended fat loss some time soon to push into single digits and hopefully help this problem, in conjunction with this I am taking another look at thyroid levels again in a couple months and if I continue to be hypothyroid I will start armor thyroid. Just haven't decided yet if I want to do a small cut/prime for a bulk first, or if I should save that bulk for after that long cut. Was wanting to do small bulk and cut cycles and keep it to 10-15% bf, but now I think I need to drop it to 8-12% based on how I look in low teens.
    yeah you got more or less the point, I look good at 10-12% BF, I'm still ripped, my upperbody is round and thick with slight separation, legs are thick, abs are there, I'm lean and ripped. But two ugly balls comes out from behind my waist, and make everything unproportional. my waist is as thick as my shoulders because of that. I have to drop down to 6-8% BF, I look like 1 week out, but I'm small and deflated, I look even ill. even thou, handles are still there, separation in that área is nearly non existant and waist still looks unproportional, mainly because, I lost the fullness of the muscles. why do you think liposuction would disappoint me?? My first goal is to get proportional year round, and second goal is to quit taking steroids . I gained nearly 20kg, and I think I don't need more to look good, I will try to keep the gains and stay lean at around 12-10%BF.
    but for that I have to get rid of the handels.
    Regarding your strategy to stay lean a long time, I tried that, but the first place I gained fat back, were the handels.

Bummer.

All I can say is maybe drop the steroids prior to lipo, get in a stable condition you know you can hold. gaining and losing weight after lipo obviously can change how good it looks, a good surgeon can only make it good in relation to the rest of you at that given moment.

Quote Originally Posted by SEOINAGE View Post
    Bummer.

All I can say is maybe drop the steroids prior to lipo, get in a stable condition you know you can hold. gaining and losing weight after lipo obviously can change how good it looks, a good surgeon can only make it good in relation to the rest of you at that given moment.
    Yeah, surgeon told me the same. I have to get to a stable natural condition, at my BF right now, its a waste of money because I have no subq fat atm. I’ll wait until january-february, I’ll certainly bump up to 12-14% BF with some strong dirty-bulking.
    Maybe I’ll try to force some extra fat, because at 13-14% BF abs are still there.
    My goal is to look like a lemon before lipo and ripped after the lipo.
    Then I’ll try to bulk clean, and see if I get some good results.
    I’ll keep you updated.

Trevtrev is offline Associate Member
    I know of one guy that had the same genetic issue and went to a sculpting Lipo dr in tampa fl, the problem is gone now forever. He tried everything he could then just saved up the cash and did it. That was a few years ago. I still see him from time to time and I make him show me his abs. No doubt it works if you have the means.

The sculpting seems so weird to me, the purposed take more fat from areas between abs so they are more pronounced.

About the idea of doing a dirty bulk, just sounds like a bad idea. Just give it more time at maintenance and eating comfortably. dirty bulk is hardly stable, especially if you did it while on AAS. And even bulking clean afterwards sounds iffy. Maybe you could try to add some muscle slowly but maintain the same weight, so recomping, which is slow, but you don't really want any weight changes after, and like he said be stable before.

i will dirty bulk only a few months to put on fat to preparar for liposuction. I will do a standard lipo, I don't mind to make my abs more visible, I have big abs, and they are visible even at higher BF. I have a wide waist, 91cm, below 10% BF
    My mates (same high) are all around 88cm and are higher than 14% bf. not even visible abs.
    so removing the fat from the handles, could make my waist look smaller, maybe below 90cm. although bones are bones, if I have wide waist bones, I won't do very much, but its better than nothing.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I should follow this post since I have pretty much the same body type. Ive always held a little fat on the chest and love handles. Legs, arms and most of the body looks lean. I have also thought about doing the same but want to try to get down to single digit body fat to see if that works. Ive only been down to about 10% at the lowest.

Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    I should follow this post since I have pretty much the same body type. Ive always held a little fat on the chest and love handles. Legs, arms and most of the body looks lean. I have also thought about doing the same but want to try to get down to single digit body fat to see if that works. Ive only been down to about 10% at the lowest.
    it won't work, I've been down much below 10%, if you have a genetically wide waist, and you add some handles, you won't get rid of that lemon-waist look. and, Its not woth to reach a pre-contest-BF only because of the handles, **** that, its better to live healthy, 10-14% bf year round, and get the V-shape by quitting the handles phisically. that's my goal at least, lets see if that Works...

Well I dont have a wide waist, it's much smaller than my shoulders and chest but I have always carried some fat there and in the chest even when I was a teen and use to run 5x a week.. Luckily I have fairly broad shoulders and still a good V shape otherwise it would look a lot worse.

Well I dont have a wide waist, it's much smaller than my shoulders and chest but I have always carried some fat there and in the chest even when I was a teen and use to run 5x a week.. Luckily I have fairly broad shoulders and still a good V shape otherwise it would look a lot worse.
    ok, yeah you're lucky then, I've a wider waist than my chest and even shoulders. so my job ist to quit every cm I can. luckily I'm very ectomorph too, so a bigger upperbody won't look that bad.
    anyways, anyone that can share his waist nr, to compare it to mine, would be awesome. waist-height-bf

its actually not waist, but hips, or everything in between.

Honestly if I was going to get anything like this done I would do a LOT of research and have it done either in Thailand or Philippines. Dont be to quick to think the doctors are 2nd rate because most are trained abroad and after traveling to both places a lot, knowing people who live there and people who have had major surgeries done there I would rather have it done there than here.

I'm not sure what Spain is like though if that is where you are currently but here in the US they will rush you through the process and from walking into the clinic until you are out the door will most likely be under 4 hrs. Everything I have heard and read in Thailand and Philippines you are kept there at least over night and it's more like a 4 star hotel stay with someone watching out for you 24/7. Also the cost savings will pretty much pay for your entire trip/vacation.

I needed a root canal and crown done a few years ago and after seeing what it was going to cost me I went to the Philippines to have it done. The cost savings more than paid for my airfare and hotel stay for a week but of course I stayed more than 2.

Honestly if I was going to get anything like this done I would do a LOT of research and have it done either in Thailand or Philippines. Dont be to quick to think the doctors are 2nd rate because most are trained abroad and after traveling to both places a lot, knowing people who live there and people who have had major surgeries done there I would rather have it done there than here.

I'm not sure what Spain is like though if that is where you are currently but here in the US they will rush you through the process and from walking into the clinic until you are out the door will most likely be under 4 hrs. Everything I have heard and read in Thailand and Philippines you are kept there at least over night and it's more like a 4 star hotel stay with someone watching out for you 24/7. Also the cost savings will pretty much pay for your entire trip/vacation.

I needed a root canal and crown done a few years ago and after seeing what it was going to cost me I went to the Philippines to have it done. The cost savings more than paid for my airfare and hotel stay for a week but of course I stayed more than 2.
    didn't know about thailand, people here, usually go to Romania, where its normally cheaper. but spain is also cheap, tis about 1400€ for handles and 2250€ for the whole abs inclusive handles. don't know if its worth to trip to Romania or even to Thailand for that money. for US, maybe it would be also interesting to trip to Brazil.
    I read some reviews here, and it seems spain does a real nice job for aestethic surgeries.

Yeah thats pretty cheap. I would say it's at least double here. Hmm Brazil would be interesting maybe. Only thing is I have heard many reports about you really need to stay in the tourist areas or you can easily get into trouble and I'm one who likes to roam around where I shouldn't.

My HAW would get upset with me because when in the Philippines I liked to go out most every night and just walk around the streets for an hour or two after dark and I definitely went places most people wouldn't. Even my Filipino friend and his wife thought I was a little crazy for some of the places I would go by myself. lol

I use to do the same thing in Mexico. I would get way off the beaten path and just walk for hours through the back streets. I'm not to sure I would do that in Mexico anymore though.

If you get it done make sure to let us know and take pictures before and after of course. If it all works out I may have to plan a trip and come visit you for a week or so. lol

Yeah thats pretty cheap. I would say it's at least double here. Hmm Brazil would be interesting maybe. Only thing is I have heard many reports about you really need to stay in the tourist areas or you can easily get into trouble and I'm one who likes to roam around where I shouldn't.

My HAW would get upset with me because when in the Philippines I liked to go out most every night and just walk around the streets for an hour or two after dark and I definitely went places most people wouldn't. Even my Filipino friend and his wife thought I was a little crazy for some of the places I would go by myself. lol

I use to do the same thing in Mexico. I would get way off the beaten path and just walk for hours through the back streets. I'm not to sure I would do that in Mexico anymore though.

If you get it done make sure to let us know and take pictures before and after of course. If it all works out I may have to plan a trip and come visit you for a week or so. lol
    I'll keep you updated, will post potos.
    now I have to get higher in BF, maybe 14-15% could do the job, for prepairing for the surgery. too Little BF, could result in bad results.
    Docd187123 likes this.

Thread Information