Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By frank13

Thread: Deca vs NPP????

PistolPete33 is offline Knowledgeable Member

Deca vs NPP????

I'm trying to figure out my next bulking cycle and will be doing Test C at 700mg/week and I'm torn between Deca and NPP. I know they are basically the same minus the ester but I'm reading so much about how Deca can cause major bloating. I know it's a bulking cycle and I shouldn't worry much about bloating but I do work in the fitness industry and I can't look like a fat blob even though I'm bulking and my clients understand that. How much bloating do you experience on Deca and what about NPP? Pinning isn't an issue so if it becomes EOD or even ED vs. twice per week it's a non issue.

For those of you that have run either Deca and/or NPP how have your experiences been? If you've done both which do you prefer?

Thanks in advance

RangerDanger830 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Well when it comes to esters I always prefer long esters for the convenience of pinning. I have run NPP some but I am much more experienced with Deca . I never experience a lot of bloating on either. I have done a few bulk cycles using Deca and still maintained under 15% BF throughout.

The only time I noticed any significant bloating was when I was using more than anyone should use and I let myself get out of check. Nothing you should worry about though. Some people say they get sides with NPP that they don't with Deca and vice versa but I have always been suspicious of those claims.

If it were me I would just choose them based on the ester I wanted in order to achieve the results I want. Around this time of year I am in no hurry for anything so I always opt for the long esters. I find this is a matter of preference as one isn't clearly better than the other in my opinion.

frank13 is offline "AR's Official Turkey Bacon Expert"
    Everyone's different bloating not that bad with deca lots to do with estrogen and diet I'm on deca now I'd say my muscles look more full vs being bolted I've seen people bolted just from test really u just have to keep everything in check

RangerDanger830 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by frank13 View Post
    Everyone's different bloating not that bad with deca lots to do with estrogen and diet I'm on deca now I'd say my muscles look more full vs being bolted I've seen people bolted just from test really u just have to keep everything in check
    I agree, the one time I did bloat my hormones got way out of control.

Also I prefer long esters anymore short esters seem pointless to me the only benefit I see is leaving the system faster

Quote Originally Posted by RangerDanger830 View Post
    I agree, the one time I did bloat my hormones got way out of control.
    Yes me to I've had a pumpkin head here and there over the years but that was my own fault for not keeping things in order
    RangerDanger830 likes this.

GGot FFina? is offline Associate Member
    I am just finishing a Test/Deca cycle which i did while cutting. I know its not the best choice but i managed pretty fine. Got down to around 9.5% BF on this combo. Im extremely prone to bloating. So much so, that i used to stay away from test completely because of this.

This time around i went ahead with it and with Letro and a pretty spot on cutting diet, had almost none. I Look really dry and am pretty stoked on future Test cycles that i would never have tried before.

If your diet is spot on, and you take an AI if your prone to bloating, you can cut and look dry on almost anything IMO.

Good luck!
    Last edited by GGot FFina?; 09-28-2014 at 07:52 PM.

Glad I posted this. My first ever cycle years ago was Test only and I think my AI was bunk as I bloated like a mofo and had major moon face. Years later and much more experienced and being on TRT it's pretty simple for me to keep E2 in tact.

Do you run Caber along with Deca to prevent Prolactin issues? I've used Prami before with Tren but wasn't a fan of that stuff so I would go with Caber this go around.

I was using caber at night before bed but I haven't used it this time around

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PistolPete33 View Post
    I'm trying to figure out my next bulking cycle and will be doing Test C at 700mg/week and I'm torn between Deca and NPP. I know they are basically the same minus the ester but I'm reading so much about how Deca can cause major bloating. I know it's a bulking cycle and I shouldn't worry much about bloating but I do work in the fitness industry and I can't look like a fat blob even though I'm bulking and my clients understand that. How much bloating do you experience on Deca and what about NPP? Pinning isn't an issue so if it becomes EOD or even ED vs. twice per week it's a non issue.

For those of you that have run either Deca and/or NPP how have your experiences been? If you've done both which do you prefer?

Thanks in advance
    I think the end results are similar. NPP is easier to control from being a quicker acting ester.

fit2bOld is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Exactly. Of you having sides npp clears quickly as with weeks for deca .
    Bloat/ water retention is due to poor estrogen management. And an AI must be used from the start. Also note that with increase compounds also come the need to increase your AI dosage.
    Monitoring blood levels of estrogen is recommended.

tice1212 is offline Productive Member
    Don't u guys experience erection dysfunction for a couple after using deca ? Is it the same with NNP because its a short ester?

qscgugcsq is offline Anabolic Member
    I tried NPP few months ago and liked it.

No sexual side, however blood pressure increase due to water retention.

Droped NPP lost 5 pounds the first weeks.
    Water retention is present even with NPP.
    But joint feels great and gains are good, overall a good steroids .
    Will surely do it again.

tdoe11 is offline Senior Member
    Npp is good, not bloating on it is a myth though. I prefer deca . Seems stronger, and I "feel" it more if that makes sense. My advice would be deca, but npp is also good.

Athlete127 is offline Member
    Bloat is mainly diet related and how you run your AI. I have NPP. Never tried it but going to run it maybe in the spring

Thread Information