Liberty101 is offline New Member

Young competitor planning cycle, looking for some advice

Hello all, I am new here so i will provide some background info about myself...

I am currently 26 years old, and i have Some experience with AS. I will be the first to admit i was a stupid kid, i was 20-21 years old when i did my first and only cycle. Took advice from some "fitness gurus" in my gym i was residing in. I was pinning test prop (meso dyne) 3x a week for a total of 300mg a week for 7 weeks, uped it to 400 and ran whinny for 2 weeks. The side effects started at my 6th week, i started to get bad acne that people would normally get on the back on my forehead, wake up drenched in sweat some nights, and had hot flashes. 9th week i started to get scared as all the mental parts of the sides where getting to me, and stopped everything cold turkey. I was running AA from 6w to 2 weeks post last shot.

I was extremely lucky It took 3 months for my testis to come back fully to the point i felt normal again but was left with acne on my face for more than a Year after my cycle, and hot flashes that also lasted almost a year after the cycle. As you can tell this turned my off steroids completely and was pretty against them until I recently started competing. I competed in my first regional OPEN show recently as a natural athlete, placed second in my class and qualified for provincials. I am a physique competitor, in short class 5'7 and under. I am naturally a very thin guy, lose weight extremely easy, hard gainer, and retain any fat that my body could have on my lower belly. I was very lucky in this event to place as i did, i was only 148lbs on stage, but very lean, excellent stage prescience, very well rounded, and my posing was on point. I had a chat with the head judge who does all regional, provincial and national shows and he was the first to tell me i need at least 20-30lbs of Stage weight or i will get crushed in provincials.

I am on my quest for my IFBB pro card, and no what its going to take. Although I do not want to put my health at a high risk, now or in the future. I would like to do this Smart, Slowly, and Correctly. I messed up once a long time ago and got lucky, i don't want to make the same mistake twice. I don't want to be on all the time, i really want to be SIDE FREE, and i want to have kids in 2 years. I have 1 year before the Toronto pro show, where i will competing in the provincials, lots of time to make good gains.

My coach who is a ifbb pro himself suggested i run 500mg of test E, EQ, Dbol 12-16 weeks, pct and back on in 6 weeks. To me this is more then i had in mind, especially right away, i was thinking more of just being a Casual user, run a cupple cycles a year of just Test E 500mg until i am much older and can have it proscribed. I guess my question is, can i still make the gains i am looking for, maintain them, and slowly build a lot bigger and solid physique rather then just front loading all these different compounds now and messing my body up for the future? My plan is to compete for the rest of my life, I dont want to ruin that with a large amount of health problems by the time i am 40. As it seems the guys in there 30-50 are taring up the stages right now, i am assuming a lot of it has to do with muscle maturity, and AS/HRT. I want to be one of them now, and for the many years to come.

Thanks for any advice, I have read every sticky here and realized how stupid i was in my younger days, I am very thankful that my body bounced back.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Liberty101 View Post
    Hello all, I am new here so i will provide some background info about myself...

I am currently 26 years old, and i have Some experience with AS. I will be the first to admit i was a stupid kid, i was 20-21 years old when i did my first and only cycle. Took advice from some "fitness gurus" in my gym i was residing in. I was pinning test prop (meso dyne) 3x a week for a total of 300mg a week for 7 weeks, uped it to 400 and ran whinny for 2 weeks. The side effects started at my 6th week, i started to get bad acne that people would normally get on the back on my forehead, wake up drenched in sweat some nights, and had hot flashes. 9th week i started to get scared as all the mental parts of the sides where getting to me, and stopped everything cold turkey. I was running AA from 6w to 2 weeks post last shot.

I was extremely lucky It took 3 months for my testis to come back fully to the point i felt normal again but was left with acne on my face for more than a Year after my cycle, and hot flashes that also lasted almost a year after the cycle. As you can tell this turned my off steroids completely and was pretty against them until I recently started competing. I competed in my first regional OPEN show recently as a natural athlete, placed second in my class and qualified for provincials. I am a physique competitor, in short class 5'7 and under. I am naturally a very thin guy, lose weight extremely easy, hard gainer, and retain any fat that my body could have on my lower belly. I was very lucky in this event to place as i did, i was only 148lbs on stage, but very lean, excellent stage prescience, very well rounded, and my posing was on point. I had a chat with the head judge who does all regional, provincial and national shows and he was the first to tell me i need at least 20-30lbs of Stage weight or i will get crushed in provincials.

I am on my quest for my IFBB pro card, and no what its going to take. Although I do not want to put my health at a high risk, now or in the future. I would like to do this Smart, Slowly, and Correctly. I messed up once a long time ago and got lucky, i don't want to make the same mistake twice. I don't want to be on all the time, i really want to be SIDE FREE, and i want to have kids in 2 years. I have 1 year before the Toronto pro show, where i will competing in the provincials, lots of time to make good gains.

My coach who is a ifbb pro himself suggested i run 500mg of test E, EQ, Dbol 12-16 weeks, pct and back on in 6 weeks. To me this is more then i had in mind, especially right away, i was thinking more of just being a Casual user, run a cupple cycles a year of just Test E 500mg until i am much older and can have it proscribed. I guess my question is, can i still make the gains i am looking for, maintain them, and slowly build a lot bigger and solid physique rather then just front loading all these different compounds now and messing my body up for the future? My plan is to compete for the rest of my life, I dont want to ruin that with a large amount of health problems by the time i am 40. As it seems the guys in there 30-50 are taring up the stages right now, i am assuming a lot of it has to do with muscle maturity, and AS/HRT. I want to be one of them now, and for the many years to come.

Thanks for any advice, I have read every sticky here and realized how stupid i was in my younger days, I am very thankful that my body bounced back.
    If you wanna be an IFBB pro and you don't wanna put your health at risk unless you're a genetic freak i don't see how that is possible these days

As I do agree with you to some extent, I'm not looking to be mr Olympia, my goal is a pro card. Even if it takes me years to obtain. As you stated, Health is more important then beating out Sadik on the Olympian stage.

Blog Entries
    You can be on stage at 5'7" 150 6% naturally... With JUST gear you can get on stage 5'7" 190-195 5-7% give or take 7lbs+- for each inch of height..

To put in perspective, Cody Lewis was on stage at 19 years old during teen nationals at 5'11" 220 sub 6% BF and DID NOT take the overall but however, won his weight class.

I would say if it's something you want to pursue, listen to your coach for a bit and once you compete this time at a higher level, you will be able to measure yourself against better competition.

I wouldn't take the plunge and make a life commitment based off of something i'm not 100% sure about yet. Living the lifestyle is fun, but doing everything a bodybuilder does WITHOUT competing, have sponsors, or winning money/trophies is not something i would sink 24/7 of my life into without have a good idea of whether i can make a career out of it or not...

If you're running gym rat dosages and cannot place in these competitions, you're setting yourself for HEALTH RISKS by what you'd be willing to do to even COMPETE at IFBB level if you're willing to do everything. Just my opinion on the matter...

qscgugcsq is offline Anabolic Member
    If you have the genetic to be a bodybuilder(good muscle insertion and good proportion)
    And naturally skinny guy you certainly can get your pro card without putting you health at risk.

Gaining muscle is easy, train enough, eat enough, use enough gear. And you are good to go.

Test EQ dbol isnt a bad cycle in itself considering EQ will increase your appetite, and dbol test will help you gain muscle.
    However, I would advice as a first cycle test only.

500mg test-e per week for 12 weeks is pretty cmon and side free for most people.

I personnally do a shitload of acne on testosterone .
    Accutane is magic. But try tanning first.

Tanning will dry your skin a bit and reduce acne.

to minimise the risk include arimidex or aromasin and HCG during your cycle and do a proper post cycle.
    Nolvadex /clomid.

I would not be surprised that you keep a good 10pounds after your first cycle if you eat enough.
    You are skinny so enjoy the bulk.
    No need to be extremely clean with what you eat just put enough calories in.
    You have ease to drop weight then 5k calories should be your minimum intake.

Good luck

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by qscgugcsq View Post
    If you have the genetic to be a bodybuilder(good muscle insertion and good proportion)
    And naturally skinny guy you certainly can get your pro card without putting you health at risk.

Gaining muscle is easy, train enough, eat enough, use enough gear. And you are good to go.

Test EQ dbol isnt a bad cycle in itself considering EQ will increase your appetite, and dbol test will help you gain muscle.
    However, I would advice as a first cycle test only.

500mg test-e per week for 12 weeks is pretty cmon and side free for most people.

I personnally do a shitload of acne on testosterone .
    Accutane is magic. But try tanning first.

Tanning will dry your skin a bit and reduce acne.

to minimise the risk include arimidex or aromasin and HCG during your cycle and do a proper post cycle.
    Nolvadex /clomid.

I would not be surprised that you keep a good 10pounds after your first cycle if you eat enough.
    You are skinny so enjoy the bulk.
    No need to be extremely clean with what you eat just put enough calories in.
    You have ease to drop weight then 5k calories should be your minimum intake.

Good luck
    What national show are you gonna win on test, dbol and EQ? I think you need to think more realistically on the size and conditioning of people competing in 2015 at these shows... There is a man in every planet fitness on doing high doses of test, dbol and EQ and he couldn't place at the local show..

being 146 being on 3 compounds and telling them to just "don't worry about what you eat just get in at least 5k calories and train" is NOT enough, not even CLOSE.. 5'11" 220 sub6% CANNOT win overall at teen nationals!! Politics involved as well!

qscgugcsq is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by davidtheman100 View Post

What national show are you gonna win on test, dbol and EQ? I think you need to think more realistically on the size and conditioning of people competing in 2015 at these shows... There is a man in every planet fitness on doing high doses of test, dbol and EQ and he couldn't place at the local show..

being 146 being on 3 compounds and telling them to just "don't worry about what you eat just get in at least 5k calories and train" is NOT enough, not even CLOSE.. 5'11" 220 sub6% CANNOT win overall at teen nationals!! Politics involved as well!
    He already class second in his weight categorie natty. So I assume he knows what he his doing.
    And I never said after 1 cycle he would win is pro card. He doesnt need 2g tren /week to reach the size he needs to be.

And yes enough gear, enough food and enough training stimulus(obviously recovery also must be present) is enough to get huge.

He is naturally skinny and hard gainer therefore he doesnt eat enough but lose fat easely.
    So adding EQ will increase his calorie input and he dont have to worry about getting a bit fat cause he lose it fast anyway.

He asked for a cycle to gain mass not a precomp cycle so test dbol EQ in his situation is quite adequat. But not as a first cycle like mentionned above.

Gaining muscle is easy gaining a pro card is obviously more complicated. But he seems to do well in comp.
    And I didnt advised him to how to prepare for a comp I advised him on his first cycle to gain appreciable amount of muscle.

So I dont see in what my statements offended you in any way...

thank you for the replys,

davidtheman100- in canada, you can win overall nationals 5'7 165 5% all day. They follow ifbb very close, if you present any look of a bodybuilder in board shorts, your going to the back of the line i see it every show.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Liberty101 View Post
    thank you for the replys,

davidtheman100- in canada, you can win overall nationals 5'7 165 5% all day. They follow ifbb very close, if you present any look of a bodybuilder in board shorts, your going to the back of the line i see it every show.
    Yeah Canada is totally different... under 20 super-heavyweights where in US there would be over 30... I COMPLETELY didn't see that you were competing in physique category MY BAD...

There are MANY MANY naturals that can DESTROY people carrying 20-30lbs more LBM just based on genetics in physique..IMO i think physique is more of what you're born with and being able to capitalize on it and prep is very very important and probably the most important aside from what you're god given... Apologize to both of you i thought u were competing in bodybuilding

Quote Originally Posted by qscgugcsq View Post
    He already class second in his weight categorie natty. So I assume he knows what he his doing.
    And I never said after 1 cycle he would win is pro card. He doesnt need 2g tren /week to reach the size he needs to be.

And yes enough gear, enough food and enough training stimulus(obviously recovery also must be present) is enough to get huge.

He is naturally skinny and hard gainer therefore he doesnt eat enough but lose fat easely.
    So adding EQ will increase his calorie input and he dont have to worry about getting a bit fat cause he lose it fast anyway.

He asked for a cycle to gain mass not a precomp cycle so test dbol EQ in his situation is quite adequat. But not as a first cycle like mentionned above.

Gaining muscle is easy gaining a pro card is obviously more complicated. But he seems to do well in comp.
    And I didnt advised him to how to prepare for a comp I advised him on his first cycle to gain appreciable amount of muscle.

So I dont see in what my statements offended you in any way...
    thank you for answering my question. you are correct, i do no what i am doing diet and training. My life is dedicated to becoming an athlete that past 10 years, i run my own buisness so its easy for me to be in the gym 2-3x a day.

haha np dude, physique natty will only get me so far unfortunately. Every year the ifbb want the physique guys bigger and there waste tighter, fortunately for me i was gifted with a good frame and a tiny waste. I could get my self to 160 stage weight natty, but if it came down to me or a guy on gear, they win every time at the higher levels. Not just because they are taller, or weigh more, its there muscle development.

At my show the guy that beat me out was 162, natty. we beat out all the guys on gear in are class, and he placed 3rd overall. come provincials he will have to be at least 10lbs heavier and conditioned in a way gear will get him to progress.
    Last edited by Liberty101; 06-29-2015 at 01:41 PM.

tarmyg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Post here: COMPETITIVE BODYBUILDING Q & A

Thanks
    ~t

Thread Information