john283 is offline Junior Member

if DHT is causing hair loss is it possible not to cause any acne as well?

Hey everyone, I started my test cycle 6 weeks ago at 500mg/week. I have been prone to acne, got couple pimples every week before cycling. I used to shed maybe 10 hairs when I showered. However, now on the cycle, my test levels are at around 4100.

I have zero acne, back face everywhere, there is no acne! However, I'm shedding about 30-50 hairs when I wash it every other day. I know hair lsos is caused by test conversion to DHT but if I have so much DHT, wouldn't I be getting acne as well? Unless perhaps the hair loss truly isn't DHT related. I never thought I'd be prone to MPB, my hair has been thick my entire life, and so has my moms and everyone on her side.

Question is this, is it logical for DHT to only cause hair loss and not acne or is the hair loss not associated with DHT? Thanks!

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    The only thing you learned is that testosterone doesnt give you acne.

If you were sure your DHT is high (bloodwork) you could have learned that it doesnt give you acne.

Plenty of other hormones and enzymes that can be related to acne, so yes DHT can only give you hairloss and not acne.

Testosterone alone also doesnt give me acne. Mostly get acne on pct or with higher e2.

ambernightly is offline Female Member
    ~60 hairs per day is average for normal healthy hair. Patterned baldness is something entirely different. I assume your hair is not too long, yes? Compare this hair loss to any girlfriend/sister you've had and think about how many long hairs are clogging the f*cking drain every time they shower and leave the hair there... people shed hair every day, you only notice it more when it's longer.

If you're concerned about DHT conversion causing that... just buy some Finasteride or Dutasteride. inhousepharmacy dot vu is a good resource and no issues with customs. Been using them for years - or see a doc and get a script. It's not a controlled substance or anything.

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    Amber plz edit your post and remove the source posted

RangerDanger830 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    The source rule still applies regardless of whether it is a controlled substance or not since the rules don't distinguish.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails if DHT is causing hair loss is it possible not to cause any acne as well?-image-4004986621.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by ambernightly View Post
    ~60 hairs per day is average for normal healthy hair. Patterned baldness is something entirely different. I assume your hair is not too long, yes? Compare this hair loss to any girlfriend/sister you've had and think about how many long hairs are clogging the f*cking drain every time they shower and leave the hair there... people shed hair every day, you only notice it more when it's longer.
    Thank you for the help and yeah, my sister does clog it up often. I kept getting paranoid that maybe my hairline is receding but can't tell for sure. Only have 5 weeks left on cycle and finasteride takes time to kick in so I guess I'll just ride it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.BB View Post
    The only thing you learned is that testosterone doesnt give you acne.

If you were sure your DHT is high (bloodwork) you could have learned that it doesnt give you acne.

Plenty of other hormones and enzymes that can be related to acne, so yes DHT can only give you hairloss and not acne.

Testosterone alone also doesnt give me acne. Mostly get acne on pct or with higher e2.
    Got it, thank you mate

Thread Information