mezzanine is offline New Member

High vs low estrogen

Hi, I'm having a problem with estrogen related side effects. First off this is my 3rd cycle, however I'm only doing Test E at 250mg/week. I planned to run it for about 20 weeks (I'm 5 weeks in). Height is 5'10 and weight 185lbs.

The problem is I can't discern the difference between high or low estrogen this time around. All signs point at high estrogen (I'm pissing way less water than I'm drinking and I feel somewhat bloated). So I upped my Arimidex from 0.25mg to 0.5mg and took it on Tuesday then again Thursday last week. Nothing has changed - I have no libido, I'm tired constantly and I dread going to the gym - which in my (limited) experience means low estrogen. Also this is probably irrelevant given that I'm only on it 5 weeks but my balls haven't shrunk noticeably or at all whereas with high estrogen they should shrink a lot.

I know the standard procedure here is to get a blood test done but it's not that easy in my country so I usually 'save' that for during my PCT stage of a cycle and see if my levels have recovered to an acceptable range (which they have each time).
    I'm going to go a week with no AI to see if it get's better and if it doesn't I'm going to stop the cycle and begin PCT with clomid/nolva 2 weeks later. I'm also thinking of getting HGH though I do not have that on hand.
    Last edited by mezzanine; 11-30-2015 at 12:12 PM.

workinprogress21 is offline Junior Member
    Your adex might be fake.

Quote Originally Posted by workinprogress21 View Post
    Your adex might be fake.
    I forgot to add to my first post that that was the first thing I considered and quickly dismissed because I have 2 different packets from different labs and I know for sure one of them is good to go because it has helped me in the past. The second packet is my first time using it but it's a highly reviewed lab and if it was bunk I still took .5mg of the real deal and nothing changed (for worse or better).

TheTaxMan is offline 100% BRITISH BEEF
    Your getting HGH or did you mean HCG ?

You upped your arimidex dose for a couple of days and thought its not working, a couple of days to me isnt long enough to come to a conclusion.

Maybe your changing things and because theres no improvements within a couple of days your panicking and changing again?

If you decide to up arimidex from 0.25 to 0.5 at least give it some time to work?

You run 0.25, then decide to run 0.5, theres no change in 2 days so now decide to drop the AI completley for a week?
    It doesnt make sense and seems a pretty rash decision.

Its all guessing without bloodwork but if you up or lower doseage of AI at least give it a couple of weeks to monitor wether theres improvements, 48 hours is nothing

Bodacious is offline Productive Member
    If I am reading it right your taking 250mg of test a week and running your AI at .25 eod. I would think if your AI is legit then your E is low. Most people run .25 adex with 500 test a week. If you have upped it to .5 EOD then I almost bet your going to crush you E.

Your running to much adex for 250mg test a week. That what I am thinking.

Far from massive is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodacious View Post
    If I am reading it right your taking 250mg of test a week and running your AI at .25 eod. I would think if your AI is legit then your E is low. Most people run .25 adex with 500 test a week. If you have upped it to .5 EOD then I almost bet your going to crush you E.

Your running to much adex for 250mg test a week. That what I am thinking.
    Agreed

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    Guessing e2 values is is a waste of time...

Quote Originally Posted by TheTaxMan View Post
    Your getting HGH or did you mean HCG ?

You upped your arimidex dose for a couple of days and thought its not working, a couple of days to me isnt long enough to come to a conclusion.

Maybe your changing things and because theres no improvements within a couple of days your panicking and changing again?

If you decide to up arimidex from 0.25 to 0.5 at least give it some time to work?

You run 0.25, then decide to run 0.5, theres no change in 2 days so now decide to drop the AI completley for a week?
    It doesnt make sense and seems a pretty rash decision.

Its all guessing without bloodwork but if you up or lower doseage of AI at least give it a couple of weeks to monitor wether theres improvements, 48 hours is nothing
    I wasn't using my AI at all until it started happening. I had it on hand but didn't feel like I needed it consistently considering it was only 250 Test E/week (if I'm wrong, correct me). So I saved it in case my estro was too high or I started getting itchy nipples etc.

Then when it got too high or crashed I took 0.25mg E3D 2 weeks ago, and when I didn't feel any different after a week, I took .5mg on Tuesday then Thursday last week, and when it came time to take it again (Saturday) I was concerned that I might have tanked it so I left it off, which is what I'm doing now. It's been 5 days since I stopped using an AI.

You may be right about the overreaction. I guess I didn't expect such a problem on such a small dose.

TheTaxMan is offline 100% BRITISH BEEF
    Upping and lowering and cutting the AI out completley in such short time space wont help the matter.

But its definatley all a guessing game without bloodwork

If it was me on a 250mg test cycle, i would have either ran no AI at all or 0.25 eod throughout the full cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTaxMan View Post
    Upping and lowering and cutting the AI out completley in such short time space wont help the matter.

But its definatley all a guessing game without bloodwork

If it was me on a 250mg test cycle, i would have either ran no AI at all or 0.25 eod throughout the full cycle.
    Yeah that's true for stable bloods I suppose. Anyway I feel better today so I guess I'm just going to leave off the AI altogether for the remainder of the cycle unless I start to get gyno problems. Thanks for the help.

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Are you running anything else?

Why only 250mg per week?

Why 20 weeks?
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Thread Information