Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By PT1982
  • 1 Post By songdog
  • 1 Post By Quester

Thread: Hair transplant question

Divan is offline New Member

Hair transplant question

I was considering a transplant in the future. Do you know if transplanted hair will also shed due to steroids , or are they not effected?

Closhmo is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Divan View Post
    I was considering a transplant in the future. Do you know if transplanted hair will also shed due to steroids, or are they not effected?
    Hey! i actually just had mine a week ago! the transplanted hair is not affected by steroids because it is taken from the back of your head which is a "safe" zone of hair that never falls out for anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Closhmo View Post
    Hey! i actually just had mine a week ago! the transplanted hair is not affected by steroids because it is taken from the back of your head which is a "safe" zone of hair that never falls out for anyone.
    So you've 100% stopped shedding?

no i never shedded to begin with just had a recedinf hairline. a hair transplant will not stop the old hairs from falling out if you are prone to MPB but it will put new hairs in that area that will not be affected by AAS and MPB

PT1982 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Dont take that as proof! He just had it done a week ago, so that's by no means a guarantee. If you're predisposed to male pattern baldness, you're still taking a risk. This is a subject you need to seek out advice on. Even call around and ask some of the doctors in that specific field if steroids can effect it. Say something like "I'm on testosterone replacement therapy and it has caused some hairloss. Would my implants be susceptible to my therapy?" Get a professionals answer on something like this.
    Quester likes this.

Generally, men lose hair from the dreaded the "male pattern baldness" area. If you transplant hair from the side or back to the MPB area, you would think it should be ok, right? It would stink if the expensive hair sheds too. Definitely time to kick the cat.

Octaneforce is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Ever seen a video of hair transplants? Its pretty gnarly. My father has transplants from the 80's and they havent budged and he was bald as hell. He never did steroids though so i cant help you there. Have u tried finastride

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    There was a lot of things I worried about as a kid but going bald isn't one of them.Every once in a while I think I miss it but it's only on cold winter days Sad that this kids whole life is about his hair and wat he will look like.
    hxt likes this.

Quester is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I don't suffer from genetically predisposed MPB and i feel that the few things i have going for me are worth keeping. Odd thing is, most bald dudes compensate for baldness with personality (that i'm working on) but, if you asked them if they'd like to keep their personality and add hair...
    -To my ear, most of us want to maintain whatever advantages we have, particularly with regard to cosmetics. I've just recently come to terms with the shedding experienced on TRT. I understand that it is putting me at the place where other members of my family have been at, at my age and doesn't mean i'll have to develop a personality.
    -If you are looking for a solution to (accelerated by aas) MPB that is genetic in your family... But, if the men (particularly on your mother's side) are not predisposed, you have more options.
    -My view:
    if you're predisposed to MPB and you love your hair more than your virile appearance, you already know what is going to happen. Plugs or transplants may be your answer and you were going to need this anyway.
    if you are not predisposed, perhaps there are other solutions than that. Lantanaprost is one.
    from Defy Medical-
    "Latanoprost - A double-blind scientific study published in the May 2012 issue of the Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology has found that latanoprost, a drug that mimics naturally-derived compound molecules called prostaglandins, significantly increases hair density on the scalp after 24 weeks of treatment in young men with mild hair loss. Latanoprost, like the eyelash restoration drug bimatoprost (better-known by its brand name Latisse), has been used to treat glaucoma. And like bimatoprost, latanoprost has been used to treat eyelash alopecia. The scientists who conducted the study sought to determine if latanoprost could stimulate hair growth when applied topically on the scalp."
    -It seems to me that if one still has the ability to sustain hair growth, something like this (Lantanaprost) is cheaper than a transplant.
    Last edited by Quester; 08-01-2017 at 07:44 PM. Reason: missed a hyphen
    PT1982 likes this.

Also the fact that it will cost ~10k may sway ones decision haha

JDToronto is offline Associate Member
    My hair started to recede at 26ish, I read about Propecia and took that and it helped with any further hair loss, then I read about Avodart which is stronger than Propecia and have been taking it for years. If I haven't taken these meds, I'm sure my hair would be worse. I also use Toppik (google it) which is keratin like hair that you put on put on your hair to make it look fuller. It washes out. It's not like those paint on crap, it sticks to your own hair to make it look fuller. It can take awhile to find your technique to make it look good. And recently I learned by keeping my hair longer at the top it helps it even more. By the way, insurance will covert Avodart and alike if you doctor put its for prostate enlargement, not for cosmetics reasons because that's what the meds are for. I don't have prostate issues and use it for cosmetic reasons.

JDToronto is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Quester View Post
    I don't suffer from genetically predisposed MPB and i feel that the few things i have going for me are worth keeping. Odd thing is, most bald dudes compensate for baldness with personality (that i'm working on) but, if you asked them if they'd like to keep their personality and add hair...
    -To my ear, most of us want to maintain whatever advantages we have, particularly with regard to cosmetics. I've just recently come to terms with the shedding experienced on TRT. I understand that it is putting me at the place where other members of my family have been at, at my age and doesn't mean i'll have to develop a personality.
    -If you are looking for a solution to (accelerated by aas) MPB that is genetic in your family... But, if the men (particularly on your mother's side) are not predisposed, you have more options.
    -My view:
    if you're predisposed to MPB and you love your hair more than your virile appearance, you already know what is going to happen. Plugs or transplants may be your answer and you were going to need this anyway.
    if you are not predisposed, perhaps there are other solutions than that. Lantanaprost is one.
    from Defy Medical-
    "Latanoprost - A double-blind scientific study published in the May 2012 issue of the Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology has found that latanoprost, a drug that mimics naturally-derived compound molecules called prostaglandins, significantly increases hair density on the scalp after 24 weeks of treatment in young men with mild hair loss. Latanoprost, like the eyelash restoration drug bimatoprost (better-known by its brand name Latisse), has been used to treat glaucoma. And like bimatoprost, latanoprost has been used to treat eyelash alopecia. The scientists who conducted the study sought to determine if latanoprost could stimulate hair growth when applied topically on the scalp."
    -It seems to me that if one still has the ability to sustain hair growth, something like this (Lantanaprost) is cheaper than a transplant.
    Trust me, I would not look good bald, it's my opinion that men with nice size heads can do the bald thing and I am not one of those men. And I would do most a favour if I do not go bald. I wish I can I won't have to worry about doing my hair and making it look fuller every morning.

Hair loss and MPB? I cycled AAS for over 12 years before I noticed some hair loss. I ran just about everything with no problem. On one Tren cycle I noticed hair on the bathroom counter. Dang, and the hair loss started. Not too bad but enough to notice. Guys who think they are immune to hair loss may get a surprise on that one special cycle. If you're worried about hair loss, don't cycle AAS.

Quote Originally Posted by Octaneforce View Post
    Ever seen a video of hair transplants? Its pretty gnarly. My father has transplants from the 80's and they havent budged and he was bald as hell. He never did steroids though so i cant help you there. Have u tried finastride
    thinking about it but nervous of sides

do you know if they stop steroid hair loss completely?

SMYL_GR8 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Divan View Post
    thinking about it but nervous of sides

do you know if they stop steroid hair loss completely?
    I have had two procedures done, one shitty and one excellent. I am 43 and if I didn't have the procedure I would be bald. With a little Toppik, I look like I have a normal head of hair even in the sun. I did a traditional strip resection because that is the best way to harvest the most donors. FUE sounds good but the price per graft is through the roof and you'll be lucky to yield 2000 per visit meaning you will have to go back multiple times. I got over 6000 in one sitting. A good surgeon will leave a very tiny scar that is hidden easily unless you get some super short "marine" cut. And the transplanted hairs are immune to DHT. If you take 5AR inhibitors after the procedure you should stay pretty stable as long as you stick to tests that need to convert to DHT and not the DHT derivatives.

rebecca02 is offline New Member
    If you are searching for a wig that offers you freedom to style and dye whenever you want, a Full Lace Wig Human Hair is your best option. Shop online with us and pick the best human hair wig at Rebecca Fashion. We have human hair wigs made with Virgin Hair and Remy Hair, for the most realistic and authentic appearance. Our wigs are available in various cap styles as you like. Silk top wigs and full lace wig caps offer the most realistic looks. Glueless Full Lace Wigs and full lace front wigs human hair are also available.

https://wholesale.rebeccafashion.com...Silky_755.html

Nogbad the bad is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rebecca02 View Post
    If you are searching for a wig that offers you freedom to style and dye whenever you want, a Full Lace Wig Human Hair is your best option. Shop online with us and pick the best human hair wig at Rebecca Fashion. We have human hair wigs made with Virgin Hair and Remy Hair, for the most realistic and authentic appearance. Our wigs are available in various cap styles as you like. Silk top wigs and full lace wig caps offer the most realistic looks. Glueless Full Lace Wigs and full lace front wigs human hair are also available.

https://wholesale.rebeccafashion.com...Silky_755.html
    Have you got any spiky ginger ones that always look unkempt,and fuck your scissors when you try to cut it?
    Going to the highland games you see,and i really want to look the part.

Thread Information