Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By almostgone
  • 1 Post By almostgone

Thread: HCG Preparation - How??

Jerry2020 is offline Junior Member

HCG Preparation - How??

Hi all. So I opened up my HCG the other day to have a look as I plan on using it during my cycle, starting HCG in a week or two.

The brand is “Pregnyl” and contains 5000iu of HCG. There are 10 ampules, 5 containing 1000iu of HCG powder each and 5 containing 1ml sodium chloride each.

My question is how do I prepare and store this? I was expecting the powder to be in something similar to the reusable vial my Test E came in, but it’s just in ampules. Once I crack the top off the ampule I have no way of keeping it sealed and sterile, considering each ampule will last 2 weeks.

So how do I do this? There must be something obvious I’m missing. In a therapeutic setting are these meant for single use of 1000iu each time? That’s the only explanation I can think of.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Just a couple of.quick options. Reconstitute an amp and preload 4 syringes @ 250iu each. Less desirable, IMHO, reconstitute all and put it into a new presealed vial.
    I'd use bacteriostatic water vs. the sodium chloride.
    If you have reservations about reconstitution, read here:

http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...njections.html
    Last edited by almostgone; 11-23-2017 at 03:30 AM.
    marcus300 likes this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Awesome yeah I didn’t think about preloading a few syringes, using sterile stoppers I’m assuming? Then chuck them in the fridge and put the needle on when ready to inject?

Also I didn’t know the difference between sodium chloride and bacteriostatic water. Thought it might just be different terminologies but I’ll look into where I can obtain the bacteriostatic water.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry2020 View Post
    Awesome yeah I didn’t think about preloading a few syringes, using sterile stoppers I’m assuming? Then chuck them in the fridge and put the needle on when ready to inject?

Also I didn’t know the difference between sodium chloride and bacteriostatic water. Thought it might just be different terminologies but I’ll look into where I can obtain the bacteriostatic water.
    I use insulin syringes w/ an integrated needle. 29 ga. X 1/2". Preloading may not be ideal in some people's minds, but it has worked for with no issues for quite a few years. Preload it, pull in a little air, place.the shield over the needle, and put it in the fridge
    Last edited by almostgone; 11-23-2017 at 03:29 AM.
    marcus300 likes this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

David LoPan is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    When using ampules use a filter blunt fill needle. You will not see any glass in the ampules but it gets in there. They look like this and can be found anywhere, Amazon, etc. HCG Preparation - How??-blunt-fill-filter-needles_c_mps_hy_0816-0010.png

Quote Originally Posted by BigTahl View Post
    When using ampules use a filter blunt fill needle. You will not see any glass in the ampules but it gets in there. They look like this and can be found anywhere, Amazon, etc. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	blunt-fill-and-filter-needles_C_MPS_HY_0816-0010.png 
Views:	362 
Size:	24.6 KB 
ID:	171022

I would opt for the blunt tip filter needle vs. the blunt tip fill needle if glass was a concern?

Edit: Not contradicting you, Tahl, just throwing the info out there. I know B-D makes blunt fill and blunt filter needles. Do the blunt tip fill needles have a filter like the blunt tip filter needles? I think the filter needles have a 5 micron filter?
    Last edited by almostgone; 11-24-2017 at 04:27 PM.

Another quick question in regards to HCG now I’ve finally prepped it and had my first shot.

I added 3ml bacteriostatic water to a vial of 5000iu HCG powder. Now going off this I would need an injection of 0.15ml to make a 250iu injection. BUT my question is what about taking into account the volume of the HCG powder in the first place, and adding that to the 3ml I added. Just calculating my doses off the 3ml added will lead to a slight under dose.

Does anyone have any knowledge as to the volume of 5000iu of HCG powder or can it vary? And does anyone worry about factoring it into dosage calculations?

I know the difference it would make would be minimal and I’m probably being OCD but just thought I’d ask. Say the powder was 0.5ml volume added to the 3ml, the equation would change to me needing 0.175ml for a 250iu shot. Sorry for my rambling, I’m a stickler for detail haha

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry2020 View Post
    Another quick question in regards to HCG now I’ve finally prepped it and had my first shot.

I added 3ml bacteriostatic water to a vial of 5000iu HCG powder. Now going off this I would need an injection of 0.15ml to make a 250iu injection. BUT my question is what about taking into account the volume of the HCG powder in the first place, and adding that to the 3ml I added. Just calculating my doses off the 3ml added will lead to a slight under dose.

Does anyone have any knowledge as to the volume of 5000iu of HCG powder or can it vary? And does anyone worry about factoring it into dosage calculations?

I know the difference it would make would be minimal and I’m probably being OCD but just thought I’d ask. Say the powder was 0.5ml volume added to the 3ml, the equation would change to me needing 0.175ml for a 250iu shot. Sorry for my rambling, I’m a stickler for detail haha
    I don't allow for the displacement of HCG wafer or peptides. If I were home brewing oils, it would be a different matter.

Thread Information