Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Honkey_Kong
  • 1 Post By teedoff
  • 1 Post By Honkey_Kong

Thread: How to get/convince Doctor for mid/post cycle bloodwork NHS (UK) help!!

SuperVegeta is offline New Member

Question How to get/convince Doctor for mid/post cycle bloodwork NHS (UK) help!!

Hi guys, starting cycle next week (Monday 11 03 2024). Long story short, I have chronic pain/headaches spanning over years on record. I phoned the Doctor and asked to check my Testosterone /Hormones because I feel lethargic and tired (not lying!). I have a blood test on Tuesday.

Anyways, I know you're supposed to monitor your cycle as you go along so you can initiate your PCT based on what your blood reads and not some online arbitrarily cherry picked PCT dosing protocol.

So how do I get a mid/post cycle blood test? I don't know how to word it/convince multiple tests, sounds fishy on their end anyways. Is asking 8-10 weeks later a red flag? I could just be asking, "oh, a lot of time has elapsed and my lifestyle/lethargy has changed significantly". Even if that does work, I can't keep saying silly things on repeat for possible future cycles.

Any advice? Living in Wales, UK. 1 perk is that the NHS lets you have free blood tests, however I do have enough money to pay but I just like idea of doing it properly through the verified Doctors and not some scammy site. (I am new to this, so yeah, need some brainstorming sessions with you guys haha).

Thanks all.

PS, my old posts are still up, been on this site for years and last posted 2 years ago. Took the advice from back then and feel like I am ready now.

I have atleast 5 years of training under my belt. 8% bf and can do a weighted pull up +90kg.

Thanks again.
    Last edited by SuperVegeta; 03-07-2024 at 02:21 PM.

Anyone guys? Need some advice before Monday!!

Cylon357 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperVegeta View Post
    Anyone guys? Need some advice before Monday!!
    There are not many UK members here.

If you have the money, you can likely get legit tests ordered. That's the route I would take. Trying to game the system is more trouble than it is worth, and usually does not work.

My 2 cents

Cuz
    Cuz is online now VET
    You dont need to start your cycle until you get your blood test results back. Whats the rush?

Mid cycle labs are a good idea to check for gear potency but arent mandatory in my opinion. I mean, usually your lipids, rbc, all that is gonna be skewed while your own gear. Post cycle BW is more important.

Their is no cookie cutter pct protocol. No one knows what it is, thats why a very generic ass version is posted. Im not a fan of them. Anyone in my eyes thats gonna cycle, especially over age 30 might as well just trt. I did two pcts in my early 20s and said fuck that shit.

To answer your question their are some private labs some guys use on here I personally never have used a private lab so honestly I cant help you there. Hopefully someone will chime in. Alot of the older staff members are very intelligent on that sort of thing. Just be patient man, no one is getting paid here and have lives oitside of this stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Cylon357 View Post
    There are not many UK members here.

If you have the money, you can likely get legit tests ordered. That's the route I would take. Trying to game the system is more trouble than it is worth, and usually does not work.

My 2 cents
    Yeah I see, I don't know how people get routine bloodwork. Almost tempted to not bother with how much time/effort it is taking. Spent months to get it done out here except everything looks super sketchy. Why is this?

I like the setting of a phlebotomist drawing my blood at a clinic (on record) to be sent off with the results coming in within the week. Not some weird package shipped to my house with a "all you need kit" for my self administered blood draw/pin prick nonsense only to have it sent off to who knows where. Paying loads to get inaccurate readings.

Yeah, it feels silly trying to bother Doctors with this. Just thought that the initial bloodwork results being on my record looks neat.

Moving forward, what companies do you USA guys rely on? Perhaps I can cross reference whatever claims they have on their site with an equivalent place in UK.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuz View Post
    You dont need to start your cycle until you get your blood test results back. Whats the rush?

Mid cycle labs are a good idea to check for gear potency but arent mandatory in my opinion. I mean, usually your lipids, rbc, all that is gonna be skewed while your own gear. Post cycle BW is more important.

Their is no cookie cutter pct protocol. No one knows what it is, thats why a very generic ass version is posted. Im not a fan of them. Anyone in my eyes thats gonna cycle, especially over age 30 might as well just trt. I did two pcts in my early 20s and said fuck that shit.

To answer your question their are some private labs some guys use on here I personally never have used a private lab so honestly I cant help you there. Hopefully someone will chime in. Alot of the older staff members are very intelligent on that sort of thing. Just be patient man, no one is getting paid here and have lives oitside of this stuff.
    Yeah I get that, but if something goes wrong with the bloodwork, I can't slow down time to have my cycle pause while I wait.

I've read that 3/4 along cycle bloods are important so that you can figure out how to initiate your pct in keeping with the results and not some arbitrary pct outline. Which adds to your point about the cookie cutter protocol.

Ah, I understand. Thanks for helping out. Yeah hopefully someone who resides in UK can chime in. How do you get bloodwork without private labs? That's the route I want to take as I do not trust private labs. I wouldn't mind using a private lab if their sites/advertising didn't look horrendously sketchy and ridiculous. Some "valid reputable reliable" sources amongst users have their site spouting off garbage about choosing their "bodybuilding muscle blood test for £99.99". What kind of a phrase is that?? Typos and weird fonts. Looks worse than those fake legal steroid pills that promise you 10kg of muscles in 2 weeks. How can you trust them with something as private as your own blood??

I don't get it, getting steroids wasn't a big deal, getting damn blood tests is driving me nuts.
    Last edited by SuperVegeta; 03-09-2024 at 05:47 PM.

Honkey_Kong is offline Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    One way to get some blood testing done is to go donate blood. Every time you go there, they test your hemoglobin and do a CBC to see if you're healthy enough to donate blood. Don't tell them you've ever used steroids or needles.
    Cylon357 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    One way to get some blood testing done is to go donate blood. Every time you go there, they test your hemoglobin and do a CBC to see if you're healthy enough to donate blood. Don't tell them you've ever used steroids or needles.
    As if?? Is it really that simple? But when you go to donate, why would they give you the results? Wouldn't they just have the results and tick a box if it meets the donation criteria? (Not donating contaminated/messed up bloods).

Either way, is this a common strategy for people doing cycles? Have you done this before? UK?

Thanks.

As if?? Is it really that simple? But when you go to donate, why would they give you the results? Wouldn't they just have the results and tick a box if it meets the donation criteria? (Not donating contaminated/messed up bloods).

Either way, is this a common strategy for people doing cycles? Have you done this before? UK?

Thanks.
    They normal check that stuff too even see if you're healthy enough to donate. Granted it's not everything you would want to get checked, but it is some things.

But like Cuz said it's not super important to get labs done until after your cycle and pct are done. So i wouldn't rush to much and if you have been using gear, your rbc count is going to be high. Donating blood will lower that a bit.

But as far as getting your doctor to order those tests. I don't know how the uk system works, but personally, i would either be in two modes of though. Either A) you don't care and you tell your doctor you're on gear and see if he'll order the tests. Or B). You look around and pay for private labs

teedoff is online now Member
    Do you guys have trt therapy clinics there? a quick google search suggests you do. If so, that might be an option for blood work as most of them have a negotiated rate, at least over here, for labs. They may be more understanding of you being on gear, or at least trt level dosage.
    Honkey_Kong likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    They normal check that stuff too even see if you're healthy enough to donate. Granted it's not everything you would want to get checked, but it is some things.

But like Cuz said it's not super important to get labs done until after your cycle and pct are done. So i wouldn't rush to much and if you have been using gear, your rbc count is going to be high. Donating blood will lower that a bit.

But as far as getting your doctor to order those tests. I don't know how the uk system works, but personally, i would either be in two modes of though. Either A) you don't care and you tell your doctor you're on gear and see if he'll order the tests. Or B). You look around and pay for private labs
    Interesting, thanks for letting me know about this. Will check it out.

What things aren't mentioned, important things when cycling?

I tried googling around and it doesn't seem like people get bloodwork through donating? (Like, it isn't something people mention at all and I have searched around a bunch already.) It seems people do it purely to lower their rbc. Where did you hear about this idea? Something that seems logical or do guys actually do this?

Hmmm, yeah I agree. How can you trust these private labs? Read above, I was basically blabbing on about how they all look like scams and naturally I wouldn't want some dodgy place handling my blood.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by teedoff View Post
    Do you guys have trt therapy clinics there? a quick google search suggests you do. If so, that might be an option for blood work as most of them have a negotiated rate, at least over here, for labs. They may be more understanding of you being on gear, or at least trt level dosage.
    Will check it out now! I'll make a few phone calls in the morning.

Costs seem high. From what I've learnt people have bloodwork 3 times per cycle. Before, mid/latter and post PCT. Sounds like it'll cost £400+ just on blood tests. That's more expensive than a years worth of gear LOL. That's why the whole NHS/Doctor thingy was appealing to me as it is all free.

Hmmm, £400ish isn't a lot but my main issue is are these private labs reputable places. Their sites look like scams and handing over my blood seems a bit reckless. I don't know, ahhhh damn haha.

How do most guys do it normally? Private labs, hospitals/gp referrals or something else? At the moment I might just do the NHS stuff periodically, maybe once every 6 months. Then figure out this private lab stuff on the side. How does that sound?

teedoff is online now Member
    Will check it out now! I'll make a few phone calls in the morning.

Costs seem high. From what I've learnt people have bloodwork 3 times per cycle. Before, mid/latter and post PCT. Sounds like it'll cost £400+ just on blood tests. That's more expensive than a years worth of gear LOL. That's why the whole NHS/Doctor thingy was appealing to me as it is all free.

Hmmm, £400ish isn't a lot but my main issue is are these private labs reputable places. Their sites look like scams and handing over my blood seems a bit reckless. I don't know, ahhhh damn haha.

How do most guys do it normally? Private labs, hospitals/gp referrals or something else? At the moment I might just do the NHS stuff periodically, maybe once every 6 months. Then figure out this private lab stuff on the side. How does that sound?
    Well you cant really have it both ways. If you're on gear. in most instances you do NOT want to tell a main stream Dr. So you have to sacrifice paying a little more for blood work at an online lab or some other option.

Brick and mortar clinics here arent a scam...I'd be leery of the online ones myself though.

I can discuss anything with the PA that owns the TRT clinic i go to. He knows I've done gear before, and he even recommends some things main stream Dr's would never. Like peptides and aas. I have it lucky, as my employer has an onsite nurse, so I can get labs whenever I want. However, if I were to be on a cycle, or even a high trt does, I can also go anytime to my trt clinic and get labs done there. They charge 50 bucks for a basic panel. I think more inclusive labs are still at most 100 to 125.

Interesting, thanks for letting me know about this. Will check it out.

What things aren't mentioned, important things when cycling?

I tried googling around and it doesn't seem like people get bloodwork through donating? (Like, it isn't something people mention at all and I have searched around a bunch already.) It seems people do it purely to lower their rbc. Where did you hear about this idea? Something that seems logical or do guys actually do this?

Hmmm, yeah I agree. How can you trust these private labs? Read above, I was basically blabbing on about how they all look like scams and naturally I wouldn't want some dodgy place handling my blood.

Thanks.
    Most people don't consider donating blood as a means to get testing done But the red cross does have these tests performed. So there is at least some testing. there that you don't have to go through a doctor to get to. But anyways, I can tell this is one of your troll threads so it doesn't really matter. But if you did want some blood testing, those donation sites do perform some (albeit not much). Most people getting blood work will either go to their doctor or pay private labs.
    Cylon357 likes this.

Mooseman33 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    couple things. First, and this may go against some however I believe more do then say is mid cycle bloodwork. I have never used it to set my pct, only to check gear. IF you are making gains and happy then there is no need. I do believe you should donate every 8-10 weeks. PCT is basic if doing a basic cycle.
    second, use the computer man, this should be easy, google this shit, look for it, do research on own. If this is such an obstacle what happens when something happens on cycle? always plan ahead.
    That said, it should be easy to find a lab. Why not trust a private lab? we buy gear from people we dont know?

Thread Information