NJou812 is offline Associate Member

Question Overtraining-Do you choose: a), b) or c)

I come from a HIT back ground of thought on exercise. Most importantly, I think the curse of over-training kills more dedicated natural gym goers than anything else.
    That said, I'm not sure how AS will increase the ability to recover (obviously it does, but how much). Let me give you an example:

I know this guy who is two weeks in to his first cycle, dbol /decca/test, and is in full grip of Dbol - excellent pumps I might add...I mean...that's what my friend said....
    Anyway, stressed a lot at work, not sleeping well, tired, feeling a bit run down. But, it's chest/back day today, my favourite. Should I:

a) Suck it up and hit the gym hard (dbol will over compensate for the poor condition at the moment)

b) stay home, eat and get some sleep. train tomorrow

c) stay home, eat, get some sleep, take tonight and tomorrow off, train the next day.

Your Opinion?

nevaenuf is offline Senior Member
    If I dont feel like going to the gym then I dont go, it doesnt happen often, but sleeping, eating and recovery time is very important in my book.

RoNNy THe BuLL is offline Anabolic Member
    The body is an incredible machine that adapts to anything. I believe that over-training is over-rated. I mean, you can't spend an endless amount of time in the gym, but I don't think going hard and heavy twice a week for the same bodypart will totally destroy you...atleast for me. But everyone has their own opinions.

PurePower is offline Senior Member
    it depends on how heavy you are going, if you are going over 600lbs in the squat lets say there is no way in hell that your body could keep this up for no longer than 6 or so weeks...... so it all depends on the type of weight you use. not reps

Slyder is offline Junior Member

Hmmmmmmmmm

Maybe not as much over-training as under recovering.

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    You will know. Once you get to the gym and try to bench and your body just isnt into it, dont force it. As long as you are there, try something else.
    Like Ronny said, your body adjusts to your workout.
    It learns how to addapt.
    For instance: If your job is a truck unloader, you work your back muscles hard EVERYDAY. An exercise that most only do twice a week you do for 5 hours everynight. After awhile, your body adjusts to that exercise and it is no longer over worked.

BigMike J is offline Anabolic Member
    I say used to say fuck it and do A. I would got to the gym all ready and shit, but once i got there and started i could see that i was going to have a very lousy workout. I don't do that anymore. Whenever i have a crap workout i get depressed and my whole day is shit.

blazenbell is offline Associate Member
    i choose b or c

keithquig is offline Associate Member
    i think if ur on a cycle and u get enough rest every day and eat enough u can go in for a decent workout maybe not ur best but decent. if ur not on a cycle take a couple of days off and rest. some ppl take off a week but i think thats to long,

pumpseeker is offline Senior Member
    I take days off when I'm sore. I listen to my body. I'm no longer on a preset schedule. When I don't feel like it, I don't go. Then there are weeks where I go every day. Your body will tell you when it needs rest...listen up!

simplyjakked is offline Member
    i agree with pumpseeker, when i am sore for longer periods of time and lack motivation once at the gym i know i am in need of more recovery. i usually do not take longer than four days but that is all my body tends to need to recup, and after four days mentally it is go time again!

halifaxsteve is offline Member
    i think the biggest thing about training is listening to your body. it will tell you when it's tired..listen to it.

FrkyBgStok is offline Senior Member
    you are training chest and back in the same day. i can see why you are tired.

Thread Information