Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member

Injecting too deep?

I was talking to a neighor who is a surgical tech and he administers various steroids to patients when they are needed to aid in healing after surgery. We got around to injecting into glutes and he was flabergasted when he heard me say I thought you needed to inject 1.5 inches deep. He basically said, wow, thats going to hurt for days, we dont do that. We go less then 3/4 inch in glutes or other locations, all is necessary is get it in the muscle and clear the skin and fat layer. Said the 1.5 inches is probably suggested for those taking 3 or more CC's or because they need to get thru a thick layer of fat. He said rather keep an injection to about 1 to 1.5 CC in volume and not go so deep in the muscle and if more is needed, would rather do a second shot in different location so that the shot itself is not causing unnecessary injury and pain from the injection itself.

Neighbor said he wont supply me roids but now insists he'll give me the injections or show me how rather then let me hurt myself. He also used to administer steroid shots to athletes in New York back in the 80's when it was legal to prescribe them for body building use and said he'll bring home some hyperdermics from work and plans to use 26 guage 1 inch needles for glute injects only poking about 3/4 inch deep. Seeing he knows a lot about the subject and administers them professionally, I think I have more piece of mind about starting a cycle.

BTW, since I am currently 168 lbs, this also factored in why he says not to inject so deep, should only be about the same depth of an antibiotic or vaccine. He says the muscle will absorb it just fine and going to deep runs risk of going all the way thru the muscle and injecting it into the area between muscle and bone and could result in queezy feeling and slowed down absorbtion and also encourage absesses in the muscle so he's strongly recommending not so deep!
    Last edited by Ntpadude; 10-01-2003 at 11:00 PM.

DocHoliday is offline Senior Member
    Hmm. Cool bit of info for new kids on the block. Nice thread if that's the case.

Doc

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    3/4 of an inch? To me, that seems to be a bit small for the glutes, especially if someone has a bit of body fat. I used an inch needle and I was always paranoid I wasn't fully getting into the muscle. I switched to the quads for that reason.

TRE
    TRE is offline Anabolic Member
    3/4" is to short. Maybe if you have 3% body fat its ok. My buddy's mom runs a hospital and specializes in delivering babies. She said 1.5 in the glutes is about right if you have body fat levels above 10%.

Quote Originally Posted by TRE
    3/4" is to short. Maybe if you have 3% body fat its ok. My buddy's mom runs a hospital and specializes in delivering babies. She said 1.5 in the glutes is about right if you have body fat levels above 10%.
    OK I just talked with him some more today and he was saying he looked again at his needles he uses at work and glute shots are 1.5 inch needles, he was thinking they were 1 inch but he said we dont stick them all the way in so you can retrieve the needle it it breaks off, etc so he revised that to about 1 inch injection depth, he said for me that will be fine because I look like I have paper thin skin currently and not much fat to go thru. Says he usually holds them out about index finger's offset from going all the way in full length. I guess later after he gets home from work I am going to go ahead and do first dose. He said his doctor/boss offered to monitor my estrogens and other levels and will prescribe anti-e's if necessary too so. We are all good friends, I am always invited to their parties and talk with the good doctor at Christmas, etc so....

nevaenuf is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ntpadude
    OK I just talked with him some more today and he was saying he looked again at his needles he uses at work and glute shots are 1.5 inch needles, he was thinking they were 1 inch but he said we dont stick them all the way in so you can retrieve the needle it it breaks off, etc so he revised that to about 1 inch injection depth, ....
    This makes more sense, but I still only leave about an 8th of an inch skicking out incase I need to retreave the needle.

Quote Originally Posted by nevaenuf
    This makes more sense, but I still only leave about an 8th of an inch skicking out incase I need to retreave the needle.
    Yea I guess he was saying, its hard to describe to someone how to inject because he's been doing it so long and there is a feel to knowing when its in enough to do the trick. Also 9 out of 10 times, most their patients do fine with 5 mg testosterone pills or rub on cremes. They are not in the helping body builders bulk up business and testosterone injections are only with more serious muscle injuries or stubborn to heal patients or those with natural testosterone so low that or liver problems where pills are not enough or inappropriate (older men in their 60's) and then when this is the case, these patients are not healthy body builders so they try not to add more injury and pain by going too deep with injections, etc.

When he talked to his doctor, doctor recommended dropping my 500 mg a week test en to 400 mg and suggested, if everything above a certain dose turns to estrogen, then why take so much. He suggested 400 will still be very effective and gains might be easier to keep even if more modest. I am not sure if I want to drop the dose, I am thinking doctors these days are just trying to reduce chance of lawsuits so sure they are going to lean towards the safer side... I donno...

markas214 is offline Senior Member
    I use 1 1/2 for glutes 1" for delt and quads. I don't use any thing smaller than 23 gage for IM as the oil goes in too slowly. I've seen where some guys like to use 27 gage for IM because it goes in slower but not my or the people I inject especially in the ER where you've got to do everything quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by markas214
    I use 1 1/2 for glutes 1" for delt and quads. I don't use any thing smaller than 23 gage for IM as the oil goes in too slowly. I've seen where some guys like to use 27 gage for IM because it goes in slower but not my or the people I inject especially in the ER where you've got to do everything quickly.
    OK I'm juiced now! Got 500 mg of test En in my glute last night, I almost feel a tad bit of a buzz this morning. Also the pain... hell its only 1/4 what my last penicillin shot hurt last time I had one... but I think my neighbor did a great job helping give me the injection... I think if I tried it, I would have had shakey hand and would have felt more like a junky... It all went better then I was expecting!

I dont know if its psycological but I almost feel stronger already like I could already start going up with heavier weights. How long do you first notice better pumps and your ability to lift heavier weights improve?
    Last edited by Ntpadude; 10-03-2003 at 07:49 AM.

Testify is offline Senior Member
    I dont know if its psycological but I almost feel stronger already like I could already start going up with heavier weights. How long do you first notice better pumps and your ability to lift heavier weights improve?
    Its psychological. But that can be to your advantage too. The mind is very powerful. You will have to wait a few weeks before you feel the Test E. It has a long ester.

Tuggy is offline Associate Member
    OK I'm juiced now! Got 500 mg of test En in my glute last night, I almost feel a tad bit of a buzz this morning. Also the pain... hell its only 1/4 what my last penicillin shot hurt last time I had one... but I think my neighbor did a great job helping give me the injection... I think if I tried it, I would have had shakey hand and would have felt more like a junky... It all went better then I was expecting!

It will take a few weeks to notice actual gains. That is why many will jumpstart with Prop, dbol , etc. or front load. The key here however, is you are on you way. Welcome!

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    in the ER where you've got to do everything quickly.
    Yeah, hwen they give you a shot a the hospital it seems like they ram the needle in and just giver shit until the syringe is empty. I always wondered why? Does injection speed really matter?

1 or 1.5 inch, I'll use either. But I generally only shoot glutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Testify
    Its psychological. But that can be to your advantage too. The mind is very powerful. You will have to wait a few weeks before you feel the Test E. It has a long ester.
    I think Saturday I will do the deca part, we split up the shot, and doing one at time so if I react to something badly , we know which did it. I started the test en first so it will head start the deca and hopefully avoid deca dick. The deca I hear is anabolic to your ligaments and joints so helps keep me from tearing them up plus will help tame down some of the libido increasing effects of testosterone (I dont want to walk around everywhere, walmart, grocery store, work with raging uncontrollable hard on).

I am doing test in double the amount of deca.

cb25 is offline Banned
    I wouldn't call it "anabolic " to your ligaments and joints, but it does help lubricate them and decrease inflammation (in my understanding). Definitely a welcome side effect...

Thread Information