TheGame826 is offline Member

Speech for school on steroids

hey guys, im doing a speech this friday on steroids . The class is psychology and i have to talk about steroid abuse . Even though i dont believe there is such a thing as steroid abuse anyways any help would be awsome. If you guys could tell me the effects you feel emotionally and any psychological effects.

motoxxxguy is offline Anabolic Member
    Check out this link.

That should get you started, bro.

-moto

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    Personally, when I am on Test, I feel soooo good. I'm very relaxed, more focused, and Wow, I love the sex drive. I honestly feel like a million bucks. I truly believe if done responsbily, (KEY WORD RESPONSBILY) They are safe. It's the few bozo's that don't do research or abuse them, that give them a bad name.

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by motoxxxguy
    Check out this link.

That should get you started, bro.

-moto
    Great call!!! I forgot about that!

Gilster is offline Member
    I know you don;t feel there is sucha thing as steroid abuse but any drug can be abused including steroids . Just because we know how to do them right does not mean that they are not abused by some, even those who know better...I know guys who know as much as anyone who will use REDICULOUS amounts of gear, and IMO are abusing them at times.

Mart651 is offline The Redneck Queen of the Lounge
    Your speech will be taken as fact. So if possible try to lean to the side of good.
    I know it is on abuse but educating small groups at a time is one way to get the truth out.

Thanks bro

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGame826
    hey guys, im doing a speech this friday on steroids . The class is psychology and i have to talk about steroid abuse . Even though i dont believe there is such a thing as steroid abuse anyways any help would be awsome. If you guys could tell me the effects you feel emotionally and any psychological effects.
    Speech should include decriminalizing steroid use . A full grown man over the age of 30 years old should be able to make his own decisions on what to do. Not only that but outside of US, Canada, UK and Australia; steroids is over the counter drug in the rest of the world.

motoxxxguy is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mart651
    Your speech will be taken as fact. So if possible try to lean to the side of good.
    I know it is on abuse but educating small groups at a time is one way to get the truth out.

Thanks bro
    Speaking of this, here's a good thread to read...http://anabolicreview.com/vbulletin/...ad.php?t=72276

-moto

yeah it will definately me more towards the good side. and thanks for the links and comments, you guys are a huge help so far.

Mr. Death is offline Senior Member
    Are you going to be wearing a shirt that says "I am on the juice" While you are giving the speech. Just kidding. My advice is to stay focused on the positives of steroid use and don't go off on a rant about how they should be legalized. People will take you more serious if you stick with the facts.

This speech is on psychological disorders, so it is somewhat focussed on the bad, sorry guys but the majority of the paper is focussed on the adonis complex.

ill post some of it

the Intro:
    What are steroids ?
    Anabolic -androgenic steroids are man-made substances related to male sex hormones.
    "Anabolic" refers to muscle building, and "androgenic" refers to increased masculine characteristics. "Steroids" refers to the class of drugs. These drugs are available legally only by prescription.

Who is using steroids?
    In the 70s and 80s a certain small group that you’d think of as muscle freaks used Steroids. Today just about every wrestler you see on TV, and a big chunk of the guys you cheer for in pro sports are using anabolics. However, recently another group has become steroid users, this group consist of accountants, police officers, fireman, computer engineers, and many other average guys who just want to add muscle and look good.

Steroid users have always been overlooked.
    It is Estimated 1 to 2 million Americans have used steroids.

Steroid users are usually men who would never smoke and hardly drink. However, they are in the same classification as crack addicts and heroin users.

towards the end:

Withdrawal
    The Withdrawal period is the biggest problem among users

Typical guys never seem to believe that they are big enough and go into depression or simply start using again without any off time.

Many guys get bigger and stronger yet feel weaker and puny.

This condition is called the Adonis Complex.

Adonis Complex
    Dr. Pope who wrote the book "The Adonis Complex"

States that what fuels the Adonis Complex is the ridiculously outsized bodies purveyed by Hollywood, magazines, and even action toy manufacturers.

The Adonis Complex is another name for Muscle Dysmorphia

Muscle dysmorphia is a body image problem

Involves an unhealthy preoccupation with being huge and ripped (muscular and lean)

Also known as Reverse Anorexia and Bigorexia

Like victims of anorexia, they harbor a body image in conflict with their actual appearance

Unlike anorexics, which consider themselves too heavy, muscle dysmorphics perceive that they are small and scrawny

Not every person who is enthusiastic about fitness, lifting, or running has muscle dysmorphia

There is a strong correlation between muscle dysmorphia and compulsive exercising

Both men and women can be affected

Males in their late teens are especially vulnerable as well as female athletes

The average age of men suffering from the dysmorphia is 19.4 years

then the conclusion, let me know what u guys think.

to the top

Thread Information