Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    pestis is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    91

    decided on first cycle, have one question

    ok Test enan it will be. Clomid and nolva as well. I have had several suggestions on the amount and duration of the test.
    Again, my stats are:
    35 years
    6'4"
    238lbs
    5 day training split
    high protein diet

    Will 250mg per week for 10 weeks do the job or will I need to bump it up?
    thanks for all the insight bro's.

  2. #2
    Squeek's Avatar
    Squeek is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    17
    Drink lots of bleach!

  3. #3
    monster.'s Avatar
    monster. is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    DETROIT ZOO
    Posts
    2,217
    Personally I would up it to 400 or maybe 500 for 10-12 weeks, because you have a larger frame to begin with, and 250mgs is just enough to shut your natural test production down... Test E is very good... shoot it every 4 days and you will see good results... I personally would reccomend dbol with your cycle...it would make a huge difference, stacking dbol with the test...say 30mgs a day....

  4. #4
    DARKSEID's Avatar
    DARKSEID is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    1,757
    Quote Originally Posted by pestis
    ok Test enan it will be. Clomid and nolva as well. I have had several suggestions on the amount and duration of the test.
    Again, my stats are:
    35 years
    6'4"
    238lbs
    5 day training split
    high protein diet

    Will 250mg per week for 10 weeks do the job or will I need to bump it up?
    thanks for all the insight bro's.
    Everyone responds differently to amounts, you just basically have to find out what works for ya.

  5. #5
    BASK8KACE is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    2,502
    Quote Originally Posted by pestis
    ok Test enan it will be. Clomid and nolva as well. I have had several suggestions on the amount and duration of the test.
    Again, my stats are:
    35 years
    6'4"
    238lbs
    5 day training split
    high protein diet

    Will 250mg per week for 10 weeks do the job or will I need to bump it up?
    thanks for all the insight bro's.
    Pestis,

    A few more stat questions: How long have you been lifting? What is your body fat percentage and/or waist size?

    What are your goals? For example: Are you bulking or cutting?

    If you're cutting, I'd suggest focusing on your diet before using steroids .

    If you are bulking, 250mg-400mg per week of a long lasting ester of testosterone such as Cypionate or Enanthate is sufficient to bulk. See my coment below regarding low-doses of testosterone for an intitial cycle.

    DO NOT start your cycle until your diet has been perfected for at least 2 months. If you do not know the amount of fats, complex/simple carbs and protein (from non-supplement sources) that you have eaten for each meal for the last two weeks, then you're not ready yet to start cycling.

    You're not going to get the results you want from steroids if you have not taken care of the basics first: Nutrition, rest patterns, workout intesity.

    Quote Originally Posted by monster.
    Personally I would up it to 400 or maybe 500 for 10-12 weeks, because you have a larger frame to begin with, and 250mgs is just enough to shut your natural test production down... Test E is very good... shoot it every 4 days and you will see good results... I personally would reccomend dbol with your cycle...it would make a huge difference, stacking dbol with the test...say 30mgs a day....

    Actually, monster:

    250mg of testosterone cypionate or enanthate per week is more than TWICE the normal amount of testosterone produced by a healthy male. 250mg per week is far more than enough to produce pronounced muscle growth.

    There are several people on this board, including me, who have experienced good gains on a low-dose cycle.

    There are several posts on AR about low dose cycles. If you want more information, do a search by clicking the search button on the upper right-hand corner of the board. Use the phrase "low dose" or "low-dose."

  6. #6
    DARKSEID's Avatar
    DARKSEID is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    1,757
    Quote Originally Posted by BASK8KACE
    Pestis,

    A few more stat questions: How long have you been lifting? What is your body fat percentage and/or waist size?

    What are your goals? For example: Are you bulking or cutting?

    If you're cutting, I'd suggest focusing on your diet before using steroids .

    If you are bulking, 250mg-400mg per week of a long lasting ester of testosterone such as Cypionate or Enanthate is sufficient to bulk. See my coment below regarding low-doses of testosterone for an intitial cycle.

    DO NOT start your cycle until your diet has been perfected for at least 2 months. If you do not know the amount of fats, complex/simple carbs and protein (from non-supplement sources) that you have eaten for each meal for the last two weeks, then you're not ready yet to start cycling.

    You're not going to get the results you want from steroids if you have not taken care of the basics first: Nutrition, rest patterns, workout intesity.




    Actually, monster:

    250mg of testosterone cypionate or enanthate per week is more than TWICE the normal amount of testosterone produced by a healthy male. 250mg per week is far more than enough to produce pronounced muscle growth.

    There are several people on this board, including me, who have experienced good gains on a low-dose cycle.

    There are several posts on AR about low dose cycles. If you want more information, do a search by clicking the search button on the upper right-hand corner of the board. Use the phrase "low dose" or "low-dose."

    I just leave the doses up to the individual, most guys on here recommend 500 to start, I liked starting at 250 and working up from there

  7. #7
    BASK8KACE is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    2,502
    Quote Originally Posted by DARKSEID
    Everyone responds differently to amounts, you just basically have to find out what works for ya.
    DARKSEID hit the nail on the head. Part of the reason for starting with low-dose cycles is to use the smallest amount of steroids necessary for your body to grow.

    Your initial 1-3 cycles should yeild a 10lb. -25lb. increase in body weight. If your basics (nutrition, rest, workout intesity) are all in order, then hopefully most of that gain will be lean body mass. With proper use of anti-e's during a cycle and PCT (post cycle therapy ) hopefully you'll keep a lot of what you gained.

    So, using 500mg of testosterone per week on your first cycle is overkill if you could have gained the same 20lbs using 250mg-300mg of test per week.

    Start slowly, take note of how your body reacts to steroids, continue to perfect the basics, and raise doses or begin to stack more (add more steroids to a cycle) only after you've perfected the basics AND have stopped growing on a certain level of dose.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    5
    Shave your balls and walk backwards.

  9. #9
    pestis is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    91
    Quote Originally Posted by BASK8KACE
    Pestis,

    A few more stat questions: How long have you been lifting? What is your body fat percentage and/or waist size?

    What are your goals? For example: Are you bulking or cutting?

    If you're cutting, I'd suggest focusing on your diet before using steroids .

    If you are bulking, 250mg-400mg per week of a long lasting ester of testosterone such as Cypionate or Enanthate is sufficient to bulk. See my coment below regarding low-doses of testosterone for an intitial cycle.

    DO NOT start your cycle until your diet has been perfected for at least 2 months. If you do not know the amount of fats, complex/simple carbs and protein (from non-supplement sources) that you have eaten for each meal for the last two weeks, then you're not ready yet to start cycling.

    You're not going to get the results you want from steroids if you have not taken care of the basics first: Nutrition, rest patterns, workout intesity.




    Actually, monster:

    250mg of testosterone cypionate or enanthate per week is more than TWICE the normal amount of testosterone produced by a healthy male. 250mg per week is far more than enough to produce pronounced muscle growth.

    There are several people on this board, including me, who have experienced good gains on a low-dose cycle.

    There are several posts on AR about low dose cycles. If you want more information, do a search by clicking the search button on the upper right-hand corner of the board. Use the phrase "low dose" or "low-dose."


    Bask8kace,

    thanks for the input, it really helps.
    my bodyfat is about 18%
    my waist is 36"
    I am definately bulking, or trying hard to.
    I havent been counting calories but I keep pretty tight control of my diet
    5 meals per day
    solid meals consist of eggs, sushi (raw salmon) once per day, chicken breast, rib eye or flank steak. Protein is supplemented with Whey and metrx RTD's.
    I keep my protein at at least 275gms per day and plan to increase that.
    sleep habits are good and my workouts are intense (always training to failure)
    I love working hard in the gym especially on core movements like dead lifts. what a freakin rush!!
    anyway, I was thinking 350mg of enan until I read your post. Maybe 300mg?

  10. #10
    BASK8KACE is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    2,502
    Yes, 300-350mg per week of enanthate will allow you to bulk. A rule of thumb that many people follow is to break testosterone doses into 2 or more shots per week when using doses greater than or equal to 300mg per week. You don't have to split the shots, but it helps keep your testosterone levels constant.

    Make sure that most of your protein is coming from food sources (as opposed to supplements such as protien shakes). The amount of protien you injest should be 1.5-2x's your body weight.

  11. #11
    legend is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    new york
    Posts
    401
    i also believe that it is up to the individual. if this is his first cycle, then starting at 250 and going from there is fine. first cycle results on 250mg per week are sometimes very good. i do not believe in shooting test enethate 2x per week. sust and prop yes, but not enathate. i never shot it bi-weekly and i have always gotten my desired results.

  12. #12
    BASK8KACE is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    2,502
    Quote Originally Posted by legend
    i never shot it bi-weekly and i have always gotten my desired results.
    I think you meant semi-weekly (twice per week) as opposed to bi-weekly (once every 2 weeks).

    One doesn't have to inject semi-weekly (twice per week); however more frequent shots help keep testosterone levels constant. Some people can be thrown into depression when their testosterone levels fluctuate too much.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •