Thread: needle question

boosted m3 is offline Associate Member

needle question

Does anyone use the same needle to draw from the vial/amp and then inject with it? Or does everyone use one needle to draw from the vial/amp then change it to inject?

motoxxxguy is offline Anabolic Member
    I'm sure there are some people who use the same pin to draw and shoot, but it is not a good idea. Needles are too cheap to not switch them. I for one don't want to inject with a dull pin.

-moto

Donovan is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by motoxxxguy
    I'm sure there are some people who use the same pin to draw and shoot, but it is not a good idea. Needles are too cheap to not switch them. I for one don't want to inject with a dull pin.

-moto
    i almost always inject with the same needle i draw with. just disinfect the draw area on the bottle with the same stuff you use to swab the inection area. i personally have never noticed a difference in pain from a dulled tip. always no pain at all in my experiences

RON
    RON is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Donovan
    i almost always inject with the same needle i draw with. just disinfect the draw area on the bottle with the same stuff you use to swab the inection area. i personally have never noticed a difference in pain from a dulled tip. always no pain at all in my experiences
    But in the long run you will see an increase in scar tissue.

Do a search bro this has been covered many times

palme is offline Rosie Member
    I never switch. I doubt the needle gets much dulled going true a vial top.

What about drawing from an amp? im always scared the needle will touch the side of the ample and then get infected, am I just being paranoid?

palme is offline Rosie Member
    The side is sterile too!

LuvMuhRoids is offline Anabolic Member
    Needles are cheap boosted. It is well worth the pain and scar tissue in the long run if you are going to be a life long injecter of AS and joining the club. That tip on the needle is at a surgical fine point. Tap it once even on the skin and its done.

I recommend you have one draw needle. Thats what I do. Sacrifice one whole syringe and take the needle off. Every time you want to with draw from an amp or vial use this needle and switch back to the new capped needle that is fresh (screw it back on). The needle you are using for the draw needle just swipe it on the outside with an alcohol wipe or swab. After the injection suck up a cap of alcohol in and out a few times clean out the inside of the tunnel of the needle. Recap this draw needle and use for another day.

In my opinion if I per chance even had to pull out my shot case I miss the muscle or hit a vein I change the needle. Doesn't take much to dull that tip instantly.

Let me suggest another good tip for steralization. Alcohol swab or wipe the top of your vial before you draw. IMO

Muscleone is offline Associate Member

Needles

Quote Originally Posted by boosted m3
    Does anyone use the same needle to draw from the vial/amp and then inject with it? Or does everyone use one needle to draw from the vial/amp then change it to inject?
    You can use the same needle. Always clean the top of vial before inserting needle.

Shud is offline Associate Member
    never use the same needle.....vial or bottle....
    i always touch the bottom of a vial or the sides trying to get everything out, it does blunt the tip a little imo...

motoxxxguy is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LuvMyRoids
    I recommend you have one draw needle. Thats what I do. Sacrifice one whole syringe and take the needle off. Every time you want to with draw from an amp or vial use this needle and switch back to the new capped needle that is fresh (screw it back on). The needle you are using for the draw needle just swipe it on the outside with an alcohol wipe or swab. After the injection suck up a cap of alcohol in and out a few times clean out the inside of the tunnel of the needle. Recap this draw needle and use for another day.
    I don't agree with this either. Buy a needle/syringe combo with a pin large enough to draw with, then get the needles you will use to inject seperately. I buy 3cc, 20g, 1.5" combos and 25g, 1" pins to shoot. These things are too cheap to risk the chance of infection from unsterile equipment IMO. I'm sure you have never had a problem here, but why risk it for a few dollars.

-moto

Quote Originally Posted by motoxxxguy
    I don't agree with this either. Buy a needle/syringe combo with a pin large enough to draw with, then get the needles you will use to inject seperately. I buy 3cc, 20g, 1.5" combos and 25g, 1" pins to shoot. These things are too cheap to risk the chance of infection from unsterile equipment IMO. I'm sure you have never had a problem here, but why risk it for a few dollars.

-moto
    Yes I have bought a box of needles seperate from the combo and used them for withdrawing. That can be another option for better sterilization. I have done it. You can buy a box of needles only. Then a combo box.

sdmedic21 is offline Junior Member
    You can use the same needle!! Drawing up fluid WILL NOT DULL IT!! If it did, then Paramedics and Doctors would have to switch needles every time they inject Local into a site...they teach us to inject a site with local over 20 times using the same needle!!! My patients seem to not feel a difference...hence, using the same needle is cool...but do what you want

Mclaren_v12 is offline Junior Member
    Always change the needle tip...why would you want to ram a dull needle through your muscle...you're only hurting yourself by not switching tips.

Bartleby is offline Member
    I would change the needle...cheap and better off being safe than sorry, no need for an infection that could have been easily avoided...

fudgedelic is offline Associate Member
    The first time i tried to inject i didn't change the needle and it felt like i was pushing against a rock, so i swapped the needle and it was like butter. It's so cheap i'd say it's worth the safety and possibly pain reduction to swap needles.

RON
    RON is offline Anabolic Member
    Even after one use its dulled

sdmedic21 is offline Junior Member
    geez, Looking at that, I don't think I ever wanna inject again!!!

Swellin Guest
    Ron, I was reading this one...thinking that the pic needed to resurface. You just beat me to it!
    Moto is on the money. Buy the combo kit with the big pin already attached. This way you limit switching....touching. Once you are done drawing, then switch to the smaller pin in the other box. I got mine backwards this time, but that is better than jabbig a fish hook in there like those used needles.

thanks ron, im going to use 2 different needles for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by RON
    Even after one use its dulled
    Very very good job on the pics for proof. Never thought about that.

ya im sold....new needles are good needles.

Quote Originally Posted by LuvMyRoids
    Needles are cheap boosted. It is well worth the pain and scar tissue in the long run if you are going to be a life long injecter of AS and joining the club. That tip on the needle is at a surgical fine point. Tap it once even on the skin and its done.

In my opinion if I per chance even had to pull out my shot case I miss the muscle or hit a vein I change the needle. Doesn't take much to dull that tip instantly.

Let me suggest another good tip for steralization. Alcohol swab or wipe the top of your vial before you draw. IMO
    I thought about this post for sometime and I had to come back on this. It bothered me because if I am going to give some advice I should do a better job than this so I wanted to clear this one up.

This method I proposed is probably one of the worst advice I had given on AR. This method still has a potential for infection and is like a crack addicts way of saving needles. As AAS users we are far above paraphenilia users and not in the same class and should exercise much more professionalism and knowledge. I will never use this method ever again and will not advice others to do it as well.

mcnst01 is offline Associate Member
    I use a nice low guage needle to draw out and then switch to the needle for injection. With a lower guage needle the gear will become much easier to draw. You can reuse the same draw needle over and over again, just make sure you wipe with some alcohol before each use.

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    Same needle. I hope for a bit more pain.!!!! I tend to like it. I've never run into any pain or problems using the same needle..

PJK015 is offline Associate Member
    anyone know where i can get needles that have been used six times?

STUCKUP is offline Junior Member
    I'm gonna challenge all of us to use common sense here. First, what ga. needle is the one pictured...like 50 ga.? Second, the tip of the needle is for lack of a better term pokey and straight, not that easy to bend something that is straight and pointy going straight in. follow me here. so assuming the tip bent like that on entry with little or no pressure trying to bend it up, down left or right. Why my friends, would the tip (which is now turned into a frickin meat hook) on it's way out while grabbing and tearing at flesh not straighten itself (at least somewhat) out? Figuratively the metal is less malleable at a cooler temp which would be on the way in. More malleable (being it as at a higher temp) on the way out. The last action of every needle is pull out so why do the needles pictured look the way they do?????????????????
    Pull out your magnifying glass and check for yourself. We are talking about surgical steel here give the boys alittle credit.
    Just something to think about.

stengun is offline Associate Member
    Howdy PJK,

Quote Originally Posted by PJK015
    anyone know where i can get needles that have been used six times?
    Try your friendly, local neighborhood junkie! That's where I get mine!!

Stengun

ultranyteg is offline Junior Member
    Don't make me bring out my microscope!

actually, I've tried looking for it. i can't find

Quote Originally Posted by ultranyteg
    Don't make me bring out my microscope!

actually, I've tried looking for it. i can't find
    exactly

Long&Strong is offline Associate Member
    I personally switch needles every time, I use the needle I injected with the last time to draw the fluid and then I switch to a new needle to inject. same for every injection

detroit is offline Banned
    I use 22g needles to draw, and 25g, sometimes even 23g needles to shoot. I always change before i shoot.

I belive that the rubber stopper causes the most damage to needle tips. Plus the metal used for disposable needles is not steel, its a cheap alloy. If it were stainless surgical steel the price would be much more than $15 for 100 needles.

Quote Originally Posted by STUCKUP
    I'm gonna challenge all of us to use common sense here. First, what ga. needle is the one pictured...like 50 ga.? Second, the tip of the needle is for lack of a better term pokey and straight, not that easy to bend something that is straight and pointy going straight in. follow me here. so assuming the tip bent like that on entry with little or no pressure trying to bend it up, down left or right. Why my friends, would the tip (which is now turned into a frickin meat hook) on it's way out while grabbing and tearing at flesh not straighten itself (at least somewhat) out? Figuratively the metal is less malleable at a cooler temp which would be on the way in. More malleable (being it as at a higher temp) on the way out. The last action of every needle is pull out so why do the needles pictured look the way they do?????????????????
    Pull out your magnifying glass and check for yourself. We are talking about surgical steel here give the boys alittle credit.
    Just something to think about.
    You're right. Clearly ther pics were staged Had to be some pics from some needle manufacturer's product information pamphlet they are using to persuade hospitals to stop using needles 6x each I hear you regarding the physics of it, but the pic is what it is. Whether or not, the last pic is very representative isn't important....the needle dulls with use. More importantly, the potential for contamination increases. If people aren't switching needles solely for the cost factor, get a paper route or something. For just pennies a day, you can reduce the risk of an infection, which is well worth it. Infections are rare, but for those who've had them, I think it's clear.

Quote Originally Posted by einstein1905
    You're right. Clearly ther pics were staged Had to be some pics from some needle manufacturer's product information pamphlet they are using to persuade hospitals to stop using needles 6x each I hear you regarding the physics of it, but the pic is what it is. Whether or not, the last pic is very representative isn't important....the needle dulls with use. More importantly, the potential for contamination increases. If people aren't switching needles solely for the cost factor, get a paper route or something. For just pennies a day, you can reduce the risk of an infection, which is well worth it. Infections are rare, but for those who've had them, I think it's clear.
    I fully agree. I use a new needle everytime myself, if anything just for the infection reason, but those pictures challenged common sense. lol

Thread Information