machine is offline New Member

Can propecia-proscar really interfere with steriod cycles

I have a question, can proscar or propecia actually interfere with the gains you could aquire from a cycle? I wanted to use it during a cycle but not if it would hamper the muscle gains I could receive.

956Vette is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    doesnt seem to me that you are very worried about hairloss. if you plan on taking propecia, plan on taking it for the long haul, not just around a cycle.

dizzle is offline Respected Member
    i agree with 956vette, propecia should be taken for long periods. The first 6 weeks you may actually lose hair.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dizzle
    The first 6 weeks you may actually lose hair.
    i think ive been taking it so long i forgot about that... yeah, that added all the more stress and didnt do anything good for my hairloss. but now, i seeem to be able to keep all the hair i have currently, so i am happy and will continue to take finasteride.

asymmetrical1 is offline Respected Member
    this is the 6000th propecia qquestion in the last week....it wont interfere with gains

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by asymmetrical1
    this is the 6000th propecia qquestion in the last week....it wont interfere with gains
    i agree. but if you actually got reallllll technical, gains realized can be different. everyone is different, and as always, this is a hard question to answer. when taking finasteride, side effects arise....and when dealing with AAS, cycles are limited to particular compounds/strentghs/etc-which is a stretch, but could interfere with gains.

Quote Originally Posted by 956Vette
    i agree. but if you actually got reallllll technical, gains realized can be different. everyone is different, and as always, this is a hard question to answer. when taking finasteride, side effects arise....and when dealing with AAS, cycles are limited to particular compounds/strentghs/etc-which is a stretch, but could interfere with gains.
    sure bro....things as simple as not sleeping or eating enough could effect gains.....but there is no correlation as to a dht blocker being catabolic

very interesting that nandrolone will actually help suppress dht levels with a dht blocker present

Duke of Earl is offline Senior Member

Arrow gains with proscar!!

Hi- just out of interest I've never used AAS before, I started trying to bulk up about 10 years ago (Im 32 now) nothing really happened UNTIL I was about 28 AND STARTED TAKING PROSCAR- mysteriously I started to find it easy to bulk up, not enourmously, but definately an effect (my girlfriend noticed!) My theory was that blocking the Test metabolism to DHT actually elevated my natrual Test levels & gave me these small gains!
    I guess my point is that proscar with AAS could effect the ratio of anabolic to androgenic effects of certain AAS?? (esp. if they are Test type and exert a part of their effect by converting to DHT type)

waddya think?

Thread Information