beginner boy is offline New Member

proviron vs. nolvadex (are they even comparable???)

for a sust/deca /dbol cycle, is proviron suitable alone? or would you need nolvadex or some other anti e? in what i have been reading here, i usually don't see proviron used alone, nor often...but it seems when i read the drug profiles on the main page it would appear to be sufficient (and superior to) many of the others out there.....

i am just looking for some feedback/experiences that you have had.....

TRE
    TRE is offline Anabolic Member
    They are both good but do different things. Most prefure liquidex over proviron now for price purposes. I use proviron and nolv together.

quebecbulk is offline Associate Member
    well nolvadex is an anti-estrogen and proviron is an androgen....some in short i would definately use the nolva during cycle and you could save the proviron for pct as i has very good properties that are needed for pct.

razor67 is offline Banned
    i wouldnt use proviron during pct.

JDMSilviaSpecR is offline Vicious With Malicious Intent
    I would add arimidex during my cycle. Expensive but serves its purpose

This is from the drug profiles page......i see that it says it is an androgen, but then it goes on to say the following:

"You should be aware that Proviron is also an estrogen antagonist which prevents the aromatization of steroids. Unlike the antiestrogen Nolvadex which only blocks the estrogen receptors (see Nolvadex) Proviron already prevents the aromatizing of steroids. Therefore gynecomastia and increased water retention are successfully blocked. Since Proviron strongly suppresses the forming of estrogens no re-bound effect occurs after discontinuation of use of the compound as is the case with, for example, Nolvadex where an aromatization of the steroids is not prevented. One can say that Nolvadex cures the problem of aromatization at its root while Nolvadex simply cures the symptoms. For this reason male athletes should prefer Proviron to Nolvadex. With Proviron the athlete obtains more muscle hard-ness since the androgen level is increased and the estrogen concen-tration remains low."

my understanding of this paragraph is that it does act as an anti-estrogen such as nolvadex does - even better (even though it is called an androgen)....i don't mean to sound naive, or maybe i missed something here, but need help seeing what it is......

BigBoy21 is offline Junior Member
    Proviron free's up more test in your body, you get harder muscles, you get horny as hell (more than usual even when on test), Iam on it right now with Nolva, and I have had no water gain, just hard muscles, But I would anly use it durring the cycle, not for pct, may hinder recovery....

Nobody really knows how proviron works. It's shown that it has some affinity for aromatase, but I haven't seen anything to prove it is an anti aromatase. There is also debate over whether or not proviron will suppress HPTA. Those that have used it, know that it does reduce water retention....somehow. It does help libido....somehow. It's simply 1 methyl DHT.
    If someone has good info on it, I'd like to see it. So much is speculative.
    I can't argue with the actual results...I just am not sure exactly how those results come about.

bump

arnold1980 is offline Associate Member
    ever consider Femara (letrozole )?

arnold1980 is offline Associate Member
    unlike nolvadex which blocks the action of estrogen. It is effective in suppressing estrogen (up to 80%).

thick one is offline Associate Member
    how much do all of you pay for proviron ? is 25.00 too much for 10/25mg tabs?

Quote Originally Posted by arnold1980
    ever consider Femara (letrozole)?
    Femara is, in most cases, more potent than we need and can cause adverse effects on HDL (assumedly to a greater degree than Adex can, if Adex does at all).
    People that use high mg/wk #'s can somewhat justify using letrozole vs Adex though.

razor67 is offline Banned
    femara drops blood plasma levels when ran with nolvadex

BigBoy21 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thick one
    how much do all of you pay for proviron? is 25.00 too much for 10/25mg tabs?

thats 2.50 a pill, kind of high... its usually $25 for 20pills each @ 25mgs..But I guess prices vary.. but that seems really high priced

so back to the original question (got some good thoughts from tre already, thanks) "is the proviron suitable alone for that type of cycle???"

quebecbulk is offline Associate Member
    using proviron as part of my pct has always been a tradition for me. Everybody is different i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by quebecbulk
    well nolvadex is an anti-estrogen and proviron is an androgen....some in short i would definately use the nolva during cycle and you could save the proviron for pct as i has very good properties that are needed for pct.
    Proviron will hinder recovery ultimately, good for during and end of Cycle though.
    TSW

flexshack is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSevnthWarrior
    Proviron will hinder recovery ultimately, good for during and end of Cycle though.
    TSW
    yes, i believe this to be true as well. to what degree, i can't say. but, i have read one case where someone who used proviron during pct took blood tests to see if he recovered and the result was: no. i will try to find this thread again, but i think it was at another board.

rawpain76 is offline New Member
    I think the answer is more complex than one thinks.

The facts are (from research):

1) If estrogens levels too high, estrogen bind onto your pecs and turn them to tits,
    2) Proviron prevents aromatization of androgens into estrogens,
    3) Nolvadex prevents estrogen from turning your pecs to tits,
    4) The more androgens, the better muscle hardness/strength you can gain, BUT
    5) For some testosterone , you need some amount of estrogens for optimal gains, depending on what you are taking,
    6) Different people have different levels responsiveness to steroids , aromatization, gyno.

Taken together... all it means is... it depends Probably best to try yourself and see what is best. But ALWAYS have Nolvadex ready because it is the last defense, the minute you feel you titties tingling, take it!

For me, I take proviron only on day 1 (25 mg) and nolvadex only on day 2 (10 mg) etc. etc. ... and it's fine, no tits forming so far at week 5.

I plan to do clomid and nolva (20 mg) for PCT.

sepjuice is offline Anabolic Member
    basic for my pct is nolva and clomid, use hcg through cycle, and like to use clen also...

Thread Information